Mineo reporting on Twitter: Nagao to Iowa

Jimmy Cinnabon

1 hour ago, RandolphTJones said:

Lots of money to use to try and buy a 2nd place finish. That's still not guaranteed. Gotta feel a bit for Teske. 

Also, don't believe the BS you read from that Mineo loser. The numbers he is throwing out are utter bullshit in an attempt to make Iowa wrestling look desperate. Just like when he said Kemerer was medically retiring from wrestling in 2021 and how Spencer tore his ACL and wasn't going to wrestling this year, only to see him wrestle a few hours later.

It's glaringly obvious that Pat is a troll and likes to work up the Iowa fan base. That doesn't mean he's not full of shit 90% of the time, so everyone should consider the source.

Edited by Jamie_Taco
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jamie_Taco said:

Also, don't believe the BS you read from that Mineo loser. The numbers he is throwing out are utter bullshit in an attempt to make Iowa wrestling look desperate. Just like when he said Kemerer was medically retiring from wrestling in 2021 and how Spencer tore his ACL and wasn't going to wrestling this year, only to see him wrestle a few hours later.

It's glaringly obvious that Pat is a troll and likes to work up the Iowa fan base. That doesn't mean he's not full of shit 90% of the time, so everyone should consider the source.

My man, I am the last person to believe Minnow but I share your sentiments.

I just can't wrap my head around Iowa throwing large money to a guy when they may not even finish in the top 3. ( If this is all true) and they have a solid wrestler in Teske.

If Nagao goes to Iowa cool, I just don't know why Iowa would throw $$$ his way. Maybe they really need that top 4 finish and it's worth the investment. 

35 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

I just can't wrap my head around Iowa throwing large money to a guy when they may not even finish in the top 3. ( If this is all true) and they have a solid wrestler in Teske.

If Nagao goes to Iowa cool, I just don't know why Iowa would throw $$$ his way. Maybe they really need that top 4 finish and it's worth the investment. 

I look at Nagao as basically a HS recruit, as he still has three years of eligibility remaining, similar to when Desanto transferred. If they brought in Bernie for one year, I'd agree with you, but Nagao is definitely someone you want to spend money on if you can't get him. Just like Mesenbrink.

• Fire 2

41 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Also, are you saying Iowa should just not even try to compete with PSU? Cause it certainly reads that way.

Why is Iowa even recruiting Angelo Ferarri? Why waste the money on the #1 overall recruit? Hell, why are they even training right now? It all seems like a total waste to only get 2nd place, right?

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Jamie_Taco said:

Why? Iowa is Teske's third school. If anyone should understand, it's Brody.

Sometimes you're the bull, sometimes you get the horns.

I'm am so happy Penn (and the rest of the Ivies) are largely out of this space. Now if we could just fix the no competing as a grad student rule.

Edited by Voice of the Quakers

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, Jamie_Taco said:

Also, are you saying Iowa should just not even try to compete with PSU? Cause it certainly reads that way.

Why is Iowa even recruiting Angelo Ferarri? Why waste the money on the #1 overall recruit? Hell, why are they even training right now? It all seems like a total waste to only get 2nd place, right?

I have no idea how much money Angelo Ferrari is looking at to receive in terms of his recruitment. I would be surprised if Iowa gives $100K+ to Nagao just to out bid Penn St. When he does officially transfer and where, I would have strong interest in how much he received by said school. 

Who knows maybe he is going somewhere he just has interest in and there isn't alot of NIL dough on the table. We will see. 

Of course they should compete with PSU but is throwing around big money (as reported) the smart way to do it when you have zero chance at beating them next year? 

1 hour ago, Jamie_Taco said:

I look at Nagao as basically a HS recruit, as he still has three years of eligibility remaining, similar to when Desanto transferred. If they brought in Bernie for one year, I'd agree with you, but Nagao is definitely someone you want to spend money on if you can't get him. Just like Mesenbrink.

If Ohio St brought Messenbrink in I would be ecstatic. This is because OSU can use an upgrade at 157/165/175 whereever Messenbrink goes (don't want to debate that) and Ohio St is on the cusp on being a top 3 team for years to come, IMO. But if I heard they paid Messenbink $100K+ I would scratch my head a little bit. Maybe im more reluctant than others giving a college kid that much money.

BUT, if the gap was closer between Ohio St and Penn St I would probably be more of a fan of it, but unfortunately bringing in Messenbrink wouldn't surpass PSU. 

I am all for transfers and the portal, I just need to get used to this new NIL stuff and accept the fact that the money will do most of the talking moving forward. 

1 hour ago, BlacknGold said:

Are you pretending somewhere in your mind that Angelo wouldn't look good in a Iowa singlet? 

No ... just saying the family seems to prefer orange jump suits & might be hard to fit a black singlet over.  

• Haha 1