Mineo reporting on Twitter: Nagao to Iowa

Jimmy Cinnabon

3 hours ago, MNRodent said:

have to wonder how guaranteed these cash offers are if injuries, or drop in performance occurs?  Is the entire "bag" paid upfront or is part of it contingent on results?

By rule, NIL contacts can't be dependent on athletic performance. They are supposed to be for something tangible (e.g., service, royalties for T-shirts) where the payment amount relates to some kind of idea of its market value.

I'm sure a NIL contract could make full payment up front for specific future scheduled activities.  And if the athlete did not fulfill their contractual obligations, the sponsor could seek a remedy via the courts.

4 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

Nagao will be greatly effected by the new rules, imo.

Per WrestleStat, in two years (RS, FR) Nagao has only once won by riding time point (2-1).  Based on this, it doesn't seem he'd be greatly affected.

The new rules don't prohibit riding, and it doesn't seem Nagao's style of riding would produce stalling calls while he's on top.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

Per WrestleStat, in two years (RS, FR) Nagao has only once won by riding time point (2-1).  Based on this, it doesn't seem he'd be greatly affected.
The new rules don't prohibit riding, and it doesn't seem Nagao's style of riding would produce stalling calls while he's on top.

I’m not referring to just riding time, look at his match at NCAA’s against Kai Orine for example. Or Jesse Mendez at big tens, he lost the takedown battle but won by riding well and getting quick escapes. He doesn’t win those matches with new rules.

Again, he’s a really talented kid and hard worker so I’m sure he will adapt, but he’ll need to be more offensive on his feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

He's a lot better on his feet than we've seen, and better than Nagao from neutral.

They competed against each other last summer in freestyle, Nagao won 9-8 and went on to make the U23 world team, and this was before his first year of college wrestling experience. Good match, but perhaps the talent gap has expanded since then

5 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

I’m not referring to just riding time, look at his match at NCAA’s against Kai Orine for example. Or Jesse Mendez at big tens, he lost the takedown battle but won by riding well and getting quick escapes. He doesn’t win those matches with new rules.

Again, he’s a really talented kid and hard worker so I’m sure he will adapt, but he’ll need to be more offensive on his feet.

Gotcha.  Yeah, with the 3-pt takedown he'll (like most everyone) need to get better offensively and defensively on their feet.  Necessity is a powerful motivator, so I think he’ll be up to it.

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

that's how Real beat Swiderski.

i wouldn't look at one singular bout. Nagao is better than Teske. by a lot. what has Teske ever done at 133?

he's also younger. And i don't buy this 'new rules will hurt him theory'.

• Fire 1

Snow removal businesses are very real.

that's how Real beat Swiderski.
i wouldn't look at one singular bout. Nagao is better than Teske. by a lot. what has Teske ever done at 133?
he's also younger. And i don't buy this 'new rules will hurt him theory'.

Oh yeah certainly not trying to argue Teske is better. I think Nagao is a championship contender and Teske would be lucky to AA. I do think he will have to adjust his game a bit. Which, as I’ve said, he’s super talented and capable of doing.

1 hour ago, 82bordeaux said:

18 to 36 depending on good behavior.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

He won't do any jail time.  Probably just probation and a suspended sentence.

How so?  He is facing 1 to 15, who's going to let him off with probation?  Anthony got the defferred/suspended, don't think AJ will get a sympathetic jury in Payne County. 

14 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

Who needs a lawyer when you can get all the information from the pros here on the forum? Guess the case is closed. Lock him up. Forum said so...

JC is world renowned for being the utmost expert on everything.

Google it.

• Haha 1

Untitled.png.b445674eab5d894a7e3dbfb5e0743772.png