Nick Feldman...285 Ohio State

feet2back

53 minutes ago, feet2back said:

Is he expected to take over next year at 285lbs for Buckeyes? Looks like he didn't take mat last season. Curious to where people think he'll be on B1G ladder next season

I think out the gate he will be right there in the 4-7 range with Slavikouski, Luffman, and Nevills by the end of the season.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I think out the gate he will be right there in the 4-7 range with Slavikouski, Luffman, and Nevills by the end of the season.

He had neck/back surgery last season and did not get a chance to practice much. If he recovers successfully from the surgery he will be a factor later in the season in my opinion. 

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 5:58 PM, MPhillips said:

I just don't know where Feldman is going to put it. He's not tall and is already built like an armoire.

He is a BEAST. I hope the "neck/back" surgeries are...well, as "minor" as they can be. 

I've injured EVERYTHING...but my Neck and Back and am so grateful. It sounds absolutely brutal. I TWEAKED a muscle in my back once and shuffled around like a dog that needed to get put down.

Glad to hear he's a full go in the room and I hope he can live up to the huge expectations of him, but I really hope he doesn't have any further injury. That has to just ruin your quality of life. 

1 minute ago, Theo Brixton said:

If we're talking about a Karl Farbman armoire, he's golden.

I believe your mixing Seinfeld references.

The Farbman was a large chest of drawers, which Kramer used as a microtel of sorts.

Armoires were in the Soup Nazi episode.  First, one was purchased by Elaine, but she couldn't move it into her apartment that day.  It was stolen by "street toughs" while under Kramer's guard.  He replaced it with one from the Soup Nazi.

2 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

The Farbman was a large chest of drawers, which Kramer used as a microtel of sorts.

Armoires were in the Soup Nazi episode.  First, one was purchased by Elaine, but she couldn't move it into her apartment that day.  It was stolen by "street toughs" while under Kramer's guard.  He replaced it with one from the Soup Nazi.

Pretty sure Farbman could do it all...

43 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

You know, I always though Cedric had a strong resemblance to Dan Gable...

StreetToughs.png.e0bd64d2f0b4b33ec6f83a246e983275.png

could be why Kramer didn't put up a fight.

• Fire 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, PNWfan said:

Not sure Feldman is a true HWT. Seemed like he really struggled at Junior World's with some of the competition that was more grown into the weight.

Nor was Kyle Snyder. He seemed to do alright. I guess if by "true" you mean not big, there are several very good "not true" HWTs - Rowlands and Wojo for example.

Edited by bdhof

1 hour ago, bdhof said:

Nor was Kyle Snyder. He seemed to do alright. I guess if by "true" you mean not big, there are several very good "not true" HWTs - Rowlands and Wojo for example.

Snyder lost to Coon his senior season.  It showed that he wasn't a 'true' heavyweight.

Feldman's problem, currently, is that he is a 'poofy' version of Frosh Snyder.  He isn't going to be as quick and he likely isn't as strong as Snyder is (was).  At best it is comparable.  Add in that he isn't winning Olympic gold for 2024 and you can also surmise that he isn't as good.  So he is a 'poofy' Snyder-lite.

21 hours ago, PNWfan said:

Not sure Feldman is a true HWT. Seemed like he really struggled at Junior World's with some of the competition that was more grown into the weight.

He struggled against the giant Iranian, who is so so good. I would expect that guy to challenge Zare for the 2024 spot. 

The same Iranian who beat Feldman, I believe beat who we sent out against Iran at the World Cup. Gwiz?

42 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

He struggled against the giant Iranian, who is so so good. I would expect that guy to challenge Zare for the 2024 spot. 

The same Iranian who beat Feldman, I believe beat who we sent out against Iran at the World Cup. Gwiz?

Zillmer.

Zillmer was who we sent out at World Cup and he did beat him, but the Iranian gassed after the first three minutes.

That said, Mahmoud is a dirty wrestler.  He didn't need to wrestle dirty to completely dismantle Feldman.

11 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Masoumi walked him out of bounds six times and countered two Feldman shots in under forty seconds.

Did I get his name wrong?

I feel like a dum-dum gumdrop.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Zillmer.

Zillmer was who we sent out at World Cup and he did beat him, but the Iranian gassed after the first three minutes.

That said, Mahmoud is a dirty wrestler.  He didn't need to wrestle dirty to completely dismantle Feldman.

thank you for the correction. 

i did not see anything dirty about how he wrestled.

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

Masoumi walked him out of bounds six times and countered two Feldman shots in under forty seconds.

thats right. he is so large that he may be able to do that to senior level athletes, but he looked significantly better than everyone at u20s. difference in size seemed like a big deal in that match.

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

In the new folk rules is a walk out worth more or less than a push out?