More House Cleaning at Cable News

RYou

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Savage little knife in the story: 

"Carlson, who did not respond to a request for comment, has now been fired by all three cable news networks, having been pushed out from his previous stints at CNN and MSNBC."

He also worked for PBS in the past.

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

Found out that he could create the largest cable news audience and demand the highest pay. I'd hardly consider his career a failure,  or even mediocre. 

Aren't fond of this news?   He is a professional liar, so this couldn't happen to a more deserving fellow.

6 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

What lie did he tell?

Your childlike innocence is compelling so it pains me to do this, but apparently he did not believe the election was stolen, as revealed in his private communications, at the same time that he promoted the lie on his show. I wept for the truth when I learned it too. I hope you have clutchable pearls nearby.

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Your childlike innocence is compelling so it pains me to do this, but apparently he did not believe the election was stolen, as revealed in his private communications, at the same time that he promoted the lie on his show. I wept for the truth when I learned it too. I hope you have clutchable pearls nearby.

Now here's some information for you. A news host doesn't always accept the narrative,  but he gives voice to opposing views. Also note the number of people who believe there is significant corruption in out elections is very high. It is not a fringe position. 

1 minute ago, El Luchador said:

Now here's some information for you. A news host doesn't always accept the narrative,  but he gives voice to opposing views. Also note the number of people who believe there is significant corruption in out elections is very high. It is not a fringe position. 

A news host must tell the truth.  He was not a news host, so he had some wiggle room.  Unfortunately for him, not 787 million dollars of wiggle room.

8 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

And sometimes people cynically see an opportunity to exploit fear and paranoia for profit. And sometimes they identify a target they think is small and inconsequential that they can exploit with their bully pulpit. And sometimes they go too far. And sometimes they get sued for their cynical actions and find themselves facing consequences. And sometimes they settle those lawsuits for 787.5 million reasons of their own. And sometimes their audience of fearful paranoids chooses to ignore all of this because the alternative, admitting they have been lied to for profit, is too painful to accept. Sometimes.

9 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

And sometimes people cynically see an opportunity to exploit fear and paranoia for profit. And sometimes they identify a target they think is small and inconsequential that they can exploit with their bully pulpit. And sometimes they go too far. And sometimes they get sued for their cynical actions and find themselves facing consequences. And sometimes they settle those lawsuits for 787.5 million reasons of their own. And sometimes their audience of fearful paranoids chooses to ignore all of this because the alternative, admitting they have been lied to for profit, is too painful to accept. Sometimes.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

Mark Twain

32 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

A news host must tell the truth.  He was not a news host, so he had some wiggle room.  Unfortunately for him, not 787 million dollars of wiggle room.

You are correct...you do not see truth being told very often on any news channel...from CNN/Fox to local news, it's all crap and opinions versus actual news.  It is exhausting wading through it all to try and find some semblance of truth/news.

Tucker = Don Lemon....with the exception of popularity, Tucker was WAY more popular in terms of viewership than Donny.  Guess he was just better than Donny at sensationalizing the news...not even going to call it news, but sensationalizing topics.  I actually liked Tucker for a little bit back in the day as he seemed to call the politicians out on their b.s. and non-answers to questions...on both sides, but then over the last couple of years he seemed to have gotten WAY more sensationalized and got pretty whackadoodle on some subjects, thus I quit watching.  Never could stomach Donny, he thought he was way smarter than he was and quite frankly came off as an egotistical non-educated A-hole that clearly hates women and white men (even though I think there was a rumor he was dating one)...well his tv persona came off that way.

51 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

Fox still nose diving in the stock market. This is the end of Fox. Like  Bud light they don't know their audience. 

They thought the dismissal of Bill O'Reilly would sink Fox.   It didn't.   I'm guessing they will find some other guy to fill those shoes and it won't sink.  

mspart