More House Cleaning at Cable News

RYou

56 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

A billion here, a billion there.  Prettty soon you start talking about real money.  

We are at a billion from dominion, soon a couple billion from smartmatic.  Abby Grossberg won't get anywhere near a billion, but the publicity is already cringe.

The Smartmatic suit will be interesting. Are they interested in a settlement, or their day in court? They are privately held with some unkown percentage retained by their two founders. Is it personal for them (you called my baby ugly), or is it opportunistic (those fools at Fox messed up and now we get a pay day)?

Dominion ultimately settled for a pay day. This seems to bother the late night talk show hosts who were upset that Fox was not forced to apologize or show any contrition. But that is naive.

Dominion is 76% owned by private equity. My guess is Fox offered more money in exchange for not having to apologize. A pure financial owner could care less about the apology. The money IS the apology. And for Fox the lack of apology is probably worth the incremental expense given the current lawsuits in the pipeline. And if there are not already, there will be shareholder lawsuits to boot.

On 5/3/2023 at 8:27 AM, Wrestleknownothing said:

No. No parties involved have released any significant information. I've heard so many people in the know tell vastly different stories that I know nobody knows shit. I'm however getting a strong opinion of my own. Rupert Murdock is a disturbing man, that's another thing I'm learning.  That and the media is an even bigger shit show than I originally thought. 

15 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

He was fired. 

Fox is paying is salary through 2024 so he can’t go anywhere else. 

I personally couldn't care less if he was fired or not fired, but it cracks me up when companies do this..."you're fired, we are going to pay your salary, and you can't go work somewhere else."  Now I know why they do it and all the legal mumbo jumbo, but it is completely stupid and illogical.    "We hate you enough to not have you work here, but we still want to pay you, and would appreciate you not taking your talents to another company."

3 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

I personally couldn't care less if he was fired or not fired, but it cracks me up when companies do this..."you're fired, we are going to pay your salary, and you can't go work somewhere else."  Now I know why they do it and all the legal mumbo jumbo, but it is completely stupid and illogical.    "We hate you enough to not have you work here, but we still want to pay you, and would appreciate you not taking your talents to another company."

Standard part of non-compete clauses for senior management types. It’s typically paid in a lump sum settlement, but I suspect Fox doesn’t trust Tucker to keep to the terms. 

2 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Standard part of non-compete clauses for senior management types. It’s typically paid in a lump sum settlement, but I suspect Fox doesn’t trust Tucker to keep to the terms. 

Tucker is worth about 400 million.  He doesn't need to take the severance money.  The more we learn it appears that a mentally unstable perverted old man was the real issue.  93 year old Rupert was jealous of the relationship Tucker had with his fiance.