Nagao to Penn State

PortaJohn

7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Or Cannon makes the drop to 125.

Who knows at this point. That would be crazy if they snag him too and suck him down to 125.  But to Rutgers I believe he'll go

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Hahahahaha

Minnow blocking people on Facebook and Twitter left and right for him being wrong, trying to act like it's a joke, amd them calling him on it.

Just a slow Tuesday folks.  Just a slow Tuesday.

• Haha 1
  • Clown 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Penn State will be amazing.

I like how Nagao talks about how he has become a better man for going through with this process and how it was all about God.  "God" is how he justifies breaking his commitment to Minnesota.  Breaking his commitment and searching for the best offer made him a better man.

I am fairly religious, but I would prefer him to be honest with us, and probably himself.  "I had a good year.  I am a hot commodity.  Minnesota is really cold.  I am going to leave for a better team, a better training situation, better coaches, slightly better weather, and a bag of cash.  Don't hate!"

• Fire 3

4 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Penn State will be amazing.

I like how Nagao talks about how he has become a better man for going through with this process and how it was all about God.  "God" is how he justifies breaking his commitment to Minnesota.  Breaking his commitment and searching for the best offer made him a better man.

I am fairly religious, but I would prefer him to be honest with us, and probably himself.  "I had a good year.  I am a hot commodity.  Minnesota is really cold.  I am going to leave for a better team, a better training situation, better coaches, slightly better weather, and a bag of cash.  Don't hate!"

He did say Minny understands that ultimately wrestling is a selfish sport @10:20 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Hahahahaha

Minnow blocking people on Facebook and Twitter left and right for him being wrong, trying to act like it's a joke, amd them calling him on it.

People just need to cancel this guy. Everyone all at once. HE STINKS. 

• Fire 3

1 minute ago, RandolphTJones said:

I’m not anti Penn St, but I’m finding it very hard to get motivated to keep watching college wrestling. It’s going to be a bloodbath the next 3+ years. Congrats to Cael and crew but man, it’s hard to remain optimistic. 

Exactly this. This sucks 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Hahahahaha

Did he report Zaddick to OU?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

I’m not anti Penn St, but I’m finding it very hard to get motivated to keep watching college wrestling. It’s going to be a bloodbath the next 3+ years. Congrats to Cael and crew but man, it’s hard to remain optimistic. 

Formidable lineup and room - but will still be plenty of intrigue.  Can PSU get ten in the finals like a dual meet?  What is the record for number of champs?  

Or PSU could get blanked in the finals.  Could see Starocci and Brooks take an OLY and PSU get no champs or even finalists:  

125 - Figueroa v. Noto or Ramos

133 - Vito v. Fix

141 - Woods v. that guy who got lucky in the finals against him this year

149 - Sasso v Lovett

157 - Franek v. Robb

165 - KOT v. Carr rematch (these guys are good)

174 - Foca v. Lewis

184 - Keckeisen v. Hidlay

197 - Elam v. Sloan or that guy who won as a true frosh who may find his way back to competition (is he heading to Iowa w his brother?)

285 - Cassioppi v. Hendricksen (Schultz is a gamer too)

Would be a hollow team title for PSU to win it without a champ.  (Food for thought - but I do not think this will happen).

1 hour ago, RandolphTJones said:

I doubt you'll watch any less than before.

And plus, injuries happen...diamonds in the rough emerge.  There is no guarantee Penn State wins next year or the year after just because they got 3 great transfers this year.

And plus, injuries happen...diamonds in the rough emerge.  There is no guarantee Penn State wins next year or the year after just because they got 3 great transfers this year.

Diamonds in the rough will emerge… and then transfer to Penn state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, RandolphTJones said:

Are you watching for the team races or individual performances? The story of every tournament has been individuals with the exception being 2018

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Does all this reverse psychology work in your real life too?

21 minutes ago, Kov88 said:

Does all this reverse psychology work in your real life too?

We'd be talking to Jeff f'ing Bezos if that was the case...

Or Elon...take your pick of guy on his way to being worth a trillion dollars...

Edited by scourge165

1 hour ago, Ragu said:

Are you watching for the team races or individual performances? The story of every tournament has been individuals with the exception being 2018

Most of us are going to watch anyway, but there have been other years where the team title was actually still in doubt after the quarters.

5 hours ago, MizzouFan01 said:

They have to break the scoring record now I would imagine. 

The adjusted scoring record?

If Robbie Howard is healthy as @PortaJohn pointed out. Also, does Messenbrink and Haines wrestle next year?

Does Haines get knocked out of the starting lineup? LOL...that's...actually possible at this point. 

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, RandolphTJones said:

People just need to cancel this guy. Everyone all at once. HE STINKS. 

I know that he was a solid NJ wrestler, but did he go on to compete in college?  What are his accolades?  I know that he likes to pretend that he is "in the know: and in constant contact with Cael and others.  He has developed a very creepy relationship with the McCort kids and refers to himself as their "uncle."  He hates the PIAA, Flo, and Iowa. 

Basically, what is his deal? I'm just interested in what makes odd people tick.

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I know that he was a solid NJ wrestler, but did he go on to compete in college?  What are his accolades?  I know that he likes to pretend that he is "in the know: and in constant contact with Cael and others.  He has developed a very creepy relationship with the McCort kids and refers to himself as their "uncle."  He hates the PIAA, Flo, and Iowa. 

Basically, what is his deal? I'm just interested in what makes odd people tick.

I think it's the constant inconsistencies, and he's so active on several social media platforms its hard to avoid him, unless you hit the ole block button. Often, times you still can't avoid the guy. HE comes off as pompous and not remiss for when he is wrong. (Which is often)