Carter Starocci just sustained a serious looking knee injury

Jimmy Cinnabon

3 hours ago, Fadzaev2 said:

How about Lee is in the finals because he won 10-10 criteria.

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

They really messed that one up ... they even raised Bartlett's hand when the official score had Lee as the winner. 

What a crap show! They announced Bartlett as the winner, raised his hand, and the commentators said Bartlett won. Maybe tie scores should go to overtime instead of this nonsense. I don't care who won, this was just a mistake on their part that caused confusion. Congrats Nick Lee for making the finals

• Fire 3

17 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Mekhi Lewis, Labs and Kem don't count?

Not the same Mekhi after the shoulder injury unfortunately. And I'm as big of a Lewis stan as there is around these parts. Look at the other 4x'ers and who they beat:

Yianni - no national champs but 3 years remaining. Did make a WTT finals and also won a world silver to break the 65kg curse during college

Steiber - beat Zain (3x champ, 2x hodge, 3x world team member & world silver) and Oliver* (2x champ, olympic team member at unqualified weight)

Dake - Taylor, St. John, etc

Carl - Eggum (world silver the year Carl opted out to give him the spot), Cormier, Munoz, Hrovat, Hahn, Rohn, etc etc etc

Smith - too young to know and too lazy to google

i am an idiot on the internet

Just now, bnwtwg said:

Not the same Mekhi after the shoulder injury unfortunately. And I'm as big of a Lewis stan as there is around these parts. Look at the other 4x'ers and who they beat:

Yianni - no national champs but 3 years remaining. Did make a WTT finals and also won a world silver to break the 65kg curse during college

Steiber - beat Zain (3x champ, 2x hodge, 3x world team member & world silver) and Oliver* (2x champ, olympic team member at unqualified weight)

Carl - Eggum (world silver the year Carl opted out to give him the spot), Cormier, Munoz, Hrovat, Hahn, Rohn, etc etc etc

Has The Carter ever beaten someone relatively (by D1 wrestling standards)  healthy in a national final?

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Starocci has MFF out of the US Open.  Sounds like the injury is serious.

What would he gain by staying in?  Is there a prize for 3rd?  If serious then why did he enter?

Edited by ionel

Smith beat future Head Coaches Tom Ryan and Sean Bormet in the finals and had people like Marcus Mollica (2x Champ & 4x AA), Ray Miller (4x AA & Champ), Joe Williams (3x Champ, 4x AA), Dan Russell (4x DII Champ, 2x DI AA) , Steve Hamilton (4x AA), Barry Weldon (NCAA Champ), Shaon Fry (NCAA Finalist) in his weight class. Plus future head coaches Scott Goodale (Rutgers) and Jim Andrassey (Kent State).

39 minutes ago, killdozer said:

Smith beat future Head Coaches Tom Ryan and Sean Bormet in the finals and had people like Marcus Mollica (2x Champ & 4x AA), Ray Miller (4x AA & Champ), Joe Williams (3x Champ, 4x AA), Dan Russell (4x DII Champ, 2x DI AA) , Steve Hamilton (4x AA), Barry Weldon (NCAA Champ), Shaon Fry (NCAA Finalist) in his weight class. Plus future head coaches Scott Goodale (Rutgers) and Jim Andrassey (Kent State).

Don't forget AA and future comedian Greg Warren.  😆 

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 5

And then there's the Spencer and Suriano hype along with poster images everywhere, disrespecting the millions of little boys and girls who call themselves "Zaniacs," and who support Truth, Justice and the American Way!

Sample:

[PICTURE OF SPENCER

VERSUS

PICTURE OF SURIANO

WHO YA GOT?]

I'll tell you who I got, Mister. I got ZANE ************* RICHARDS!

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

And then there's the Spencer and Suriano hype along with poster images everywhere, disrespecting the millions of little boys and girls who call themselves "Zaniacs," and who support Truth, Justice and the American Way!

Sample:

[PICTURE OF SPENCER

VERSUS

PICTURE OF SURIANO

WHO YA GOT?]

I'll tell you who I got, Mister. I got ZANE ************* RICHARDS!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

• Fire 1

On 4/28/2023 at 11:01 AM, bnwtwg said:

Ok...how has Lewis not been the same?

And don't we need to wait a few years? Because Dake beat a 1X Champ in Taylor, Steiber beat the kid that took 3 and his win over Oliver was one of the most controversial we've seen. 

If Starocci beats...Gabe Arnold and he goes on to win 3 NCs, how much more impressive does that make it?

You've read 4 of the 5 books and you've determined they're better...but there's still several chapters left. Hell, he could Wrestle 2 more years and end up with multiple more NCs in his weight. But suffice to say, if he beat O'Toole and Lewis, that'd be roughly on par with Dake, Yianni, Cael(in terms of who we built, I'm not talking about who's actually better...because as I've said, I'd have 3 timers ahead of at least one 4X Champ.

On 4/28/2023 at 9:50 PM, CementMixer said:

What happened is 10 national championships in last 12 years to 1 for Iowa and a 66 point margin last year, with 143 returning points to 50 for Iowa next year. 

Wait...are you saying Penn State is a good team and...if I read your post correctly, they'll be a really good team next year? LOL...so what? You're not breaking news here Woodward.

@CHROMEBIRD I think his post was kinda joking...maybe even poking a little fun at Lee(maybe I'm wrong here) and the situation, or at least the interest in it. How does that manifest in "Penn State is better than you?"

Which, again, for clarification, we know. And Jesus is better than Muhammed. We've got the order straight now, right? I mean, I'm still curious about Joseph Smith, where he fits into the "prophet" pecking order, but the rest of it, very clear!

3 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Ok...how has Lewis not been the same?

And don't we need to wait a few years? Because Dake beat a 1X Champ in Taylor, Steiber beat the kid that took 3 and his win over Oliver was one of the most controversial we've seen. 

If Starocci beats...Gabe Arnold and he goes on to win 3 NCs, how much more impressive does that make it?

You've read 4 of the 5 books and you've determined they're better...but there's still several chapters left. Hell, he could Wrestle 2 more years and end up with multiple more NCs in his weight. But suffice to say, if he beat O'Toole and Lewis, that'd be roughly on par with Dake, Yianni, Cael(in terms of who we built, I'm not talking about who's actually better...because as I've said, I'd have 3 timers ahead of at least one 4X Champ.

Do you mind sharing your accounting team’s final determination of 2023 non-profit deductions with regards to a certain NLWC?

Take the two upcoming 4-timer dubs for chrissakes…

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Do you mind sharing your accounting team’s final determination of 2023 non-profit deductions with regards to a certain NLWC?

Take the two upcoming 4-timer dubs for chrissakes…

Huh?

I'm not a Penn State guy, fan or otherwise, just making a point...

15 hours ago, scourge165 said:

@CHROMEBIRD I think his post was kinda joking...maybe even poking a little fun at Lee(maybe I'm wrong here) and the situation, or at least the interest in it. How does that manifest in "Penn State is better than you?"

Which, again, for clarification, we know. And Jesus is better than Muhammed. We've got the order straight now, right? I mean, I'm still curious about Joseph Smith, where he fits into the "prophet" pecking order, but the rest of it, very clear!

I was poking fun at Larry Lee, but I think it went over (way over) @CementMixer's head

• Fire 1