Attendance numbers at the open

Caveira

1 hour ago, Fletcher said:

Limit guys to one turn per takedown and I might start watching. Arujai-DeSantis match is a perfect example of how scoring doesn't accurately reflect skill level differences between the competitors.

Only if folkstyle changes the rule to you can only score nearfall points if you score a takedown… letting a kid stall on his feet for three minutes, choose top and rack up a couple sets of backs, then stall for a couple more minutes, doesn’t accurately reflect skill level differences between competitors.

22 minutes ago, DJT said:

Only if folkstyle changes the rule to you can only score nearfall points if you score a takedown… letting a kid stall on his feet for three minutes, choose top and rack up a couple sets of backs, then stall for a couple more minutes, doesn’t accurately reflect skill level differences between competitors.

Folkstyle can certainly use a few fixes...but that's not one of them.

Now try to stay on topic - what can freestyle do to become more watchable?

1 minute ago, Fletcher said:

Folkstyle can certainly use a few fixes...but that's not one of them.

Now try to stay on topic - what can freestyle do to become more watchable?

Leg clinch!

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Watched Saurino v Richards final. Someone tell me where the action is?   Lot of bad shots while Saurino has his head buried in the shoulder / collar tie type situation.    A series of push outs.  Maybe a shot clock thing (the vid I had couldn’t see score board etc).   And one lame take down when Saurino was desperate at the end needing points.   

• Fire 1

41 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Watched Saurino v Richards final. Someone tell me where the action is?   Lot of bad shots while Saurino has his head buried in the shoulder / collar tie type situation.    A series of push outs.  Maybe a shot clock thing (the vid I had couldn’t see score board etc).   And one lame take down when Saurino was desperate at the end needing points.   

Have you ever watched a Suriano folkstyle match? There’s only so much the rules can do… some wrestlers just have that style of trying to shut things down and are very good at it. Marsteller/Ringer is another example, but literally every other finals match was tons of action and lots of scoring. You can’t cherry pick an outlier to prove a point

1 hour ago, Caveira said:

Yes, there's never been a boring folkstyle match. 

• Fire 1