Valencia

lu_alum

1 hour ago, Takuto_Otoguro said:

He doesn't have the tank to win world medals. Don't see how that changes if he represents a country where he can be lazy and still make the team with ease. I don't put any stock into a win over a completely washed Karimi at world cup. 

He has beaten a lot of Worlds and Olympics medalists.

Your statement is false.

• Fire 3

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, Takuto_Otoguro said:

He doesn't have the tank to win world medals. Don't see how that changes if he represents a country where he can be lazy and still make the team with ease. I don't put any stock into a win over a completely washed Karimi at world cup. 

Depends on the draw. Myles Amine won Olympic Bronze and Zahid beat him 6-0 earlier this year. But if you don't make the team, you don't have a chance. 

9 hours ago, Crotalus said:

Depends on the draw. Myles Amine won Olympic Bronze and Zahid beat him 6-0 earlier this year. But if you don't make the team, you don't have a chance. 

Jaime Espinal won a silver medal for Puerto Rico. The right draw can do it. 

On 4/30/2023 at 5:56 AM, Takuto_Otoguro said:

Zahid has beaten at least 5 individuals with world and/or Olympic medals

i am an idiot on the internet

10 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Zahid has beaten at least 5 individuals with world and/or Olympic medals

Not for nothin, but there's a big difference between beating someone with a medal, and winning a medal at the championships.  Especially for Americans, who tend to stay closer to 'peak' than other countries.

Brent Metcalf????

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Not for nothin, but there's a big difference between beating someone with a medal, and winning a medal at the championships.  Especially for Americans, who tend to stay closer to 'peak' than other countries.

Brent Metcalf????

Hard to compete for a medal when you’re behind a 3x world champ

2 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Brent Metcalf????

Your post ignores a lot of common logic/knowledge.

Ever hear of David Taylor, for example?  Try googling him.  It might clarify the reasoning as to why he is not beating these Worlds/Olympics medalists at Worlds or the Olympics.

2 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Brent Metcalf????

This is true, but I think he'll have more success against international competition than, for instance, Brooks.

His issues are David Taylor and that Americans rely on conditioning, which is his kryptonite.  I hope he joins his brother in Mexico.  I think he has an excellent shot at a medal.  Personally, I enjoy watching him.

3 hours ago, mspart said:

Myles Amine has gotten medals and went elsewhere so he'd have that opportunity.   Zahid might think about it. 

mspart

To be clear, the Amine's have had dual citizenship to San Marino their entire lives.

A lot of people love to forget that.

I think the point here is that they could go somewhere else and end up getting to the Olympics and World Championships.  If Myles and Zahid were to stay with US, that wouldn't happen without something extraordinary happening. 

mspart

Zahid going full fatty and dipping his toes into the 92 field at WTT. Talent can only go so far - I think a healthy Moore would rock his world, but he’s not healthy. I also wonder if he can hang with Jackson all 6 minutes.

Anyways, your free stock market advice for the day is to invest in Golden Corral and Little Debbie then cash out hard on May 20.

On 5/2/2023 at 11:16 AM, nhs67 said:

Your post ignores a lot of common logic/knowledge.

Ever hear of David Taylor, for example?  Try googling him.  It might clarify the reasoning as to why he is not beating these Worlds/Olympics medalists at Worlds or the Olympics.

thanks skippy

On 5/2/2023 at 9:46 AM, bnwtwg said:

Hard to compete for a medal when you’re behind a 3x world champ

True, but really has nothing to do with the fact that there's a difference between beating a world medalist or champ at an open or grand prix, and doing it at the world championships.   Not saying it's impossible for him to do so.

6 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

True, but really has nothing to do with the fact that there's a difference between beating a world medalist or champ at an open or grand prix, and doing it at the world championships.   Not saying it's impossible for him to do so.

Sooooo the David Taylor problem? I mean, you brought up Grand Prix so that’s instantly where my mind went. Quite an ironic comparison methinks