Best and Worst Wrestler Interviewees

SocraTease

Is there any wrestler who gives worse interviews after a match than Aaron Brooks?

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/10272040-2023-us-open-wrestling-championships/videos?playing=10925482&limit=60

Every answer is a three letter word beginning with a G and ending with a D.

Actually, sometimes it's a four letter answer: begins with L and ends with a D.

(This is an easy Wordle game for the day)

If Brooks arguably gives the worst interview after a match, who gives the best?  Most insightful? Or humorous? Or provocative? Or candid?

Hmm. Maybe there are worse interviewees (who are the candidates?); it's just that Brooks' remarks are boring and predictable ... except perhaps when he decides to engage in dogmatic theology about other religions.   (I sometimes wish a wrestler would come off the mat and say something like "I don't thank God for this victory.  I thank my parent's genes" Or maybe even the referee if they got bailed out ... or something of the sort.

(Brooks is a great wrestler and I enjoy watching him. And  his is probably a very good person off the mat.  I just find his interview responses to be vapid.  I wish he would speak more about wrestling itself.)

• Fire 1

Just now, MPhillips said:

That's Sammy Brooks my brother. Mullets get confusing.:classic_wink:

Nah.  White people from the boonies are weird.  Accept that and you should be good.

Actually talked to that cat quite a few times when he was younger (kiddos grew up same time).  Guy is as nice as they come.  A lighter (skin and weight) version of Mike Macch sans man-bun w/ a mullet.  He talked a lot of Iowa but interpersonally he was spot on.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Nah.  White people from the boonies are weird.  Accept that and you should be good.

Actually talked to that cat quite a few times when he was younger (kiddos grew up same time).  Guy is as nice as they come.  A lighter (skin and weight) version of Mike Macch sans man-bun w/ a mullet.  He talked a lot of Iowa but interpersonally he was spot on.

image.thumb.png.64b07ca139f026b08e4929c5f1c84dce.png

• Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

20 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

White people from the boonies are weird.  Accept that and you should be good.

I am kind of, 'that' and I accept it. Appreciated the kind thoughts...

Edited by MPhillips
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

There have been some good interviews with wrestlers when they are not coming directly off the mat—e.g., Bader's show, Bauschmania, and other podcasts.

Vincenzo Joseph is fun, for example.  Quentin Wright was good on Bader's show.  

Wade Schalles is a smart guy with lots of interesting and provocative ideas (obviously from another era).

When they do sit downs with Borroughs or DT, it can be entertaining and informative.  

I've always enjoyed listening to Jason Welch when they speak him.  Smart, literate guy.  Zen surfer dude.   I think he is a head coach now at San Francisco State maybe.

Edited by SocraTease
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, flyingcement said:

came back strong for third - could have / should have been Lee, but he chose to quit which he just did again more recently.

There's a difference between mice and men. The mice make excuses like woosies while real men leave it all on the mat fighting to the end no matter what.

2 hours ago, Rassling said:

came back strong for third - could have / should have been Lee, but he chose to quit which he just did again more recently.

There's a difference between mice and men. The mice make excuses like woosies while real men leave it all on the mat fighting to the end no matter what.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Rassling said:

The thing you haters don't understand is that Lee made ZERO excuses.  He just didn't wrestle.  An excuse is when you say you lost because of the ref, or bad sleep, a sweaty opponent,  or an injury.  He had no excuses and credited Ramos.

• Fire 2

9 hours ago, SocraTease said:

There have been some good interviews with wrestlers when they are not coming directly off the mat—e.g., Bader's show, Bauschmania, and other podcasts.

Vincenzo Joseph is fun, for example.  Quentin Wright was good on Bader's show.  

Wade Schalles is a smart guy with lots of interesting and provocative ideas (obviously from another era).

When they do sit downs with Borroughs or DT, it can be entertaining and informative.  

I've always enjoyed listening to Jason Welch when they speak him.  Smart, literate guy.  Zen surfer dude.   I think he is a head coach now at San Francisco State maybe.

Strongly disagree, as do many others in the wrestling community.  Lots of hot takes, so I guess "provocative" may be accurate.  Not sure he believes half of what he writes.

12 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Isn't Brooks from Chicago?  I mean, actual Chicago or a nearby suburb?

7 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Isn't Brooks from Chicago?  I mean, actual Chicago or a nearby suburb?

He's from Oak Park, which is absolutely not anywhere near the boonies.  Unless the definition of boonies means an affluent community containing 25 Frank Lloyd Wright houses.

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

21 minutes ago, jchapman said:

He's from Oak Park, which is absolutely not anywhere near the boonies.  Unless the definition of boonies means an affluent community containing 25 Frank Lloyd Wright houses.

Boonies by definition means an affluent community containing 25 Frank Lloyd Wright houses.

• Haha 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me