If Griffith goes to Michigan they'll be the biggest threat to PSU in 2024

Just now, hawkguy said:

How is davison equivalent to cass when he Is like 0-5 or whatever against him in freestyle?

If you're including Freestyle then you're wrong.  Davison beat him once in the best of three series for U23s the year Cassioppi won U23 Gold.

That said, every Folkstyle match (we are talking Folkstyle here) has been closer than the lady.  Now he will be training with Parris every day.  It is a tossup.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

If you're including Freestyle then you're wrong.  Davison beat him once in the best of three series for U23s the year Cassioppi won U23 Gold.

That said, every Folkstyle match (we are talking Folkstyle here) has been closer than the lady.  Now he will be training with Parris every day.  It is a tossup.

I fixed it to say folkstyle. His matches with cass being closer doesn't really say much considering cass has been wrestling much closer with everyone ever since he lost all of his baby fat a couple years ago.

55 minutes ago, CementMixer said:

There is no threat to PSU in 24....Michigan will be the biggest threat to Cornell for 2nd.

Ahem…Mizzou? Maybe 3xAA Mauller, Mocco, 3xAA Elam, and Elam get worse. Maybe Edmond isn’t an immediate AA guy at 141, maybe Surtin, Seltzer, Fisher, Hawks/Harmon don’t score any points. Maybe all those things happen. I doubt it. Guess we’ll see. 

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Not that my Wolfpack was going to beat the Nits, but all of these transfers are certainly not helping NC State.  I thought State were going to contend for a trophy next year.

They absolutely will contend for a trophy next season.  They have AA to high AA potential at every weight next season.  Singleton and Faison would need dream draws, sure, but Sheets pulled AA from the 33 seed a few years ago and both of them should qualify at the very least.  That is 10 to NCAAs.

Honestly I wish they could get Kovacs in the lineup.  It would likely mean Singleton up (or redshirt) and either him or Scott up a weight, but the guy went back and forth with Scott a couple years ago and he has four years of eligibility remaining (2021 free, 2022 redshirt, 2023 injury, so now he is a Frosh).  Let Singleton grow in to 174 (or maybe Kovacs?) for 2024-2025 and you have those weights pretty set.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

They absolutely will contend for a trophy next season.  They have AA to high AA potential at every weight next season.  Singleton and Faison would need dream draws, sure, but Sheets pulled AA from the 33 seed a few years ago and both of them should qualify at the very least.  That is 10 to NCAAs.

Honestly I wish they could get Kovacs in the lineup.  It would likely mean Singleton up (or redshirt) and either him or Scott up a weight, but the guy went back and forth with Scott a couple years ago and he has four years of eligibility remaining (2021 free, 2022 redshirt, 2023 injury, so now he is a Frosh).  Let Singleton grow in to 174 (or maybe Kovacs?) for 2024-2025 and you have those weights pretty set.

And adding Camacho back into the mix.

• Fire 1