Can OU wrestling really block new recruits

H82Lose

50 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Saw Minnow dug up an article from 1993 where Leonard was on the team (and AA’d at one point) and started a petition to get the coach fired, which apparently worked.

Looks like he started a firing petition of his own 😂😂😂

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

23 minutes ago, SoonerKing said:

He doesn't have that much integrity

Honestly?  From a moral perspective?  He does.  When someone is wronged on an extreme level, he eats that shit up.

It's his 'reporting' that is shit.  If he had two usernames and let one do his 'reporting' and the other be his social media handler (mind you he would have to get over his Rutgers hard-on, no disrespects towards Rutgers intended) everyone here would love his social media handler.  The guy does push for what's obviously right when it is obviously wrong.

You know what?  Make that three handlers:
- 'Reporting'
- Rutgas
- Social Warrior

I hate to be that guy that always brings unrelated threads back to the subject of his own team, but… the gophers lightweight room just got absolutely cleaned out. Spratley, Nagao, Jamison all leaving so there’s no depth and little star power whatsoever. Eggum needs to get Joey Cruz, Wyatt Henson, Anthony Santaniello and/or Zan Fugitt on a visit and see if he can seal the deal with any of them.

A team with a potentially elite group of upper weights coming in could actually make some noise if they were relevant at the bottom of the lineup too. Frustrating to watch unfold.

Okay rant over back to Jason Leonard being pond scum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

I hate to be that guy that always brings unrelated threads back to the subject of his own team, but… the gophers lightweight room just got absolutely cleaned out. Spratley, Nagao, Jamison all leaving so there’s no depth and little star power whatsoever. Eggum needs to get Joey Cruz, Wyatt Henson, Anthony Santaniello and/or Zan Fugitt on a visit and see if he can seal the deal with any of them.

A team with a potentially elite group of upper weights coming in could actually make some noise if they were relevant at the bottom of the lineup too. Frustrating to watch unfold.

Quit trying to steal my Sooners. 

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2023 at 9:55 AM, poorwrestler said:

Sometimes you gotta clear salary cap space to land a blue chipper like Hopke.

Nagao leaving is on him. Would he be an AA talked about riding RBY hard 2x if he went elsewhere? He saw greener grass and dollar signs. I support it at an abstract, but I would be pissed if I were his teammate.

i am an idiot on the internet

4 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Sorry I thought I was being under the radar when I meant there is only so much NIL money to go around for each university 

Reading HR, observing Michigan and OHie St, maybe unlimited for some.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 5/13/2023 at 9:55 AM, poorwrestler said:

I haven't been able to keep up with who is in the portal and who has already found a new home. Crap! The way these kids are changing teams, is starting to resemble MLB! 

Are those guys @poorwrestler listed in the portal? 

On 5/13/2023 at 10:51 AM, LJB said:

Love Zan and Scott…

Scott is one helluva dude, I have known him for 10+ years and watched Zan since he was a little kid. GREAT people, and LOYAL people.  I know several schools reached out and wanted Zan to visit, but they stayed loyal.  The way that OU handled this whole HC search and the hiring and getting Kish on board has been horrible.  Zan can go pretty much anywhere he wants, and I hope they will consider going somewhere else I am a die-hard OU fan. Wherever he goes, it will need a strong RTC because he wants to make a world team one day. 

Zan deserved MUCH better than how OU treated him.  Again, make no mistake, other schools have been on him since his commitment to OU and he never went back on his word.   

On 5/13/2023 at 10:55 AM, poorwrestler said:

Also, you lost Ramos.

I know Northwestern's is a bit different as the guys who left were Grad Students and of the four gents Michigan got, only one has more than one year (there 'Free' Covid one) in Cannon, who has two (2) seasons of eligibility remaining.

That said, they have three 125lbers on the roster, two are true frosh and one is an incoming redshirt soph who went 3-8 his redshirt frosh season at Buffalo.  They have zero 133lbers on the roster and the covid stuff also screwed up their 149-165 lineups.  You have Chumbley and Mayfield at 157/165 when one should be down at 149 - but having to wrestle a season up at 165 may have made it so Mayfield can't get back down to 149 as efficiently as originally planned.  So now they have two decent 165lbers and nowhere for the one to go because 157 and 174 are also covered.

Read that all in one breath, btw.  That is how I imagined it being done.

3 hours ago, H82Lose said:

Scott is one helluva dude, I have known him for 10+ years and watched Zan since he was a little kid. GREAT people, and LOYAL people.  I know several schools reached out and wanted Zan to visit, but they stayed loyal.  The way that OU handled this whole HC search and the hiring and getting Kish on board has been horrible.  Zan can go pretty much anywhere he wants, and I hope they will consider going somewhere else I am a die-hard OU fan. Wherever he goes, it will need a strong RTC because he wants to make a world team one day. 

Zan deserved MUCH better than how OU treated him.  Again, make no mistake, other schools have been on him since his commitment to OU and he never went back on his word.   

Well I would like to see Zan stay in state and put on a Mizzou singlet.  Mizzou has its fair share of wrestlers on the international scene.  

Reading this reminds me of the whole fiasco surrounding Minkel's failure to release--I believe it was Nik Fekete--from his fifth season. Fekete (or whomever it was--I know someone will correct me if wrong) had already completed his degree, and needed to enroll in a graduate program to continue wrestling. The issue was--Michigan State didn't have the program available, so he couldn't stay if he wanted to......and Minkel refused to sign his release form allowing him to transfer to Lehigh (again, I believe...going off memory). 

Dick-move extraordinaire!!! 

24 minutes ago, Holtfan said:

Reading this reminds me of the whole fiasco surrounding Minkel's failure to release--I believe it was Nik Fekete--from his fifth season. Fekete (or whomever it was--I know someone will correct me if wrong) had already completed his degree, and needed to enroll in a graduate program to continue wrestling. The issue was--Michigan State didn't have the program available, so he couldn't stay if he wanted to......and Minkel refused to sign his release form allowing him to transfer to Lehigh (again, I believe...going off memory). 

Dick-move extraordinaire!!! 

They did block Fekete. I thought to Hofstra but that was a while ago.

3 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

They did block Fekete. I thought to Hofstra but that was a while ago.

It was Hofstra....and even though it was a while ago, it still is probably the biggest dick-move by a coach--well, ever.   He couldn't stay at MSU, and he was leaving for a school that posed no threat to MSU. Minkel had no reason to hold up his transfer, other than he was just being a prick about it.  

8 hours ago, Wrestej said:

Well I would like to see Zan stay in state and put on a Mizzou singlet.  Mizzou has its fair share of wrestlers on the international scene.  

love Mizzu, you guys just got a good one this past week from Oklahoma! 

• Fire 1