Pan Am selection?!?!

54 minutes ago, Alces Alces Gigas said:

If we can't send our studs (for whatever reason) we should send up and comers not a man that is 10 years out of college and I for one don't see being the future of the weight class 

What's your issue with the roster?  Nine golds & one bronze.  The only one not to win gold was Hall at 86kg.

• Fire 2

53 minutes ago, Alces Alces Gigas said:

If we can't send our studs (for whatever reason) we should send up and comers not a man that is 10 years out of college and I for one don't see being the future of the weight class 

Sure, just have those up and comers make the National Team. Selection criteria were created by a committee of folks from the USAW Olympic Committees, coaches, and current athletes. Those up and comers are also free to enter the Spanish Grand Prix, Deglane, Dan Kolov, Bill Farrell, Yarygin*, and other international tournaments through their RTC. Plenty of opportunities for younger guys to go out and compete.

• Fire 5

1 hour ago, Alces Alces Gigas said:

They are welcome to immediately go to the US Olympic Training Center and join the Elite Accelerator Program anytime and/or not prioritize participation in NCAA folkstyle at any time. It worked for Cejudo, Snyder, and Aaron Brooks.

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

2 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Bradley, Burroughs and Dake it reads like...

So he has issue with three Gold medals?

What a cunt.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

So he has issue with three Gold medals?

What a cunt.

Look, I’ve played rugby with the best of them. But here in the States that word doesn’t fly. You’re better than this and the fact that I of all people has to say that should speak volumes. Once every five-ten years is more than enough, but at least 3x in a week or two? Be better than that. I already REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED ZAHID REDACTED STATE-WEIGHTCLASS REDACTED and then edited + requested hide because I wrote some crappy shit. Be better than me, and be better than that word. It’s not ours to own.

• Fire 2
  • Haha 2

i am an idiot on the internet

16 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Look, I’ve played rugby with the best of them. But here in the States that word doesn’t fly. You’re better than this and the fact that I of all people has to say that should speak volumes. Once every five-ten years is more than enough, but at least 3x in a week or two? Be better than that. I already REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED ZAHID REDACTED STATE-WEIGHTCLASS REDACTED and then edited + requested hide because I wrote some crappy shit. Be better than me, and be better than that word. It’s not ours to own.

Fair enough.

In my defense I have been in Connecticut the last month or so working with a slew of Rolls-Royce gents and they use that word like we do grease in a fryer.

Can I use the term 'turdbiscuit' or 'buttmunch' yet?

Grandkiddos are using it a lot.  It sounds fun.

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Fair enough.

In my defense I have been in Connecticut the last month or so working with a slew of Rolls-Royce gents and they use that word like we do grease in a fryer.

Can I use the term 'turdbiscuit' or 'buttmunch' yet?

Grandkiddos are using it a lot.  It sounds fun.

Assmunch could be used too... but asshat  also is somewhat popular, as well: asshat Meaning & Origin | Slang by Dictionary.com

And, the ladies, definitely DO NOT LIKE the word, C#*T... it makes them pretty angry and want to kick the "offender" (insert the male's name here) in the family jewels.

MEN... Protect Your Treasure!

Don't Say C#*T!

(... end of PSA.)

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Fire 1

To be clear, I am not deviating from the initial notion.  The 'C' word just isn't accepted as politically correct in these parts.  A bit vulgar for the small ears - I get it.

The OP guy has a twisted mentality of success with an obviously biased grudge and no care towards the actual success of USA Wrestling insofar as results given.  9 golds and one bronze.

I should have called him a mushy turdbiscuit.

I will grow from this.

21 hours ago, Alces Alces Gigas said:

I think it's better to stick with the same process in both non-Olympic and Olympic Pan Am years (i.e., whether or not it's the continental qualifying tournament).  That would mean sending whomever might best finish to qualify the weight (i.e., finish 1st or second, which almost all did).

Probably USA wrestling feels similarly, so they do this whether or not the current World Team member is injured, already qualified for the Olympics, or doesn’t see Pan Am participation consistent with their training.

This seems better than having to subjectively pick who they believe is an up-and-comer.  It avoids potential claims of favoritism of the best-funded RTCs and allegations of ageism.

There is a junior Pan Am tournament for younger up-and-comers.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

To be clear, I am not deviating from the initial notion.  The 'C' word just isn't accepted as politically correct in these parts. 

I'm friends with a bunch of Brits. Even the chicks say it.:classic_dry: