Cat fights and purse slapping over on the Iowa Board

PSUSMC

16 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Maybe he'll explain sometime.

Maybe he received a call from someone's lawyer....

Are the original comments on the message board still up or were they taken down? Yes, I am too lazy to search a forum I don't care about.... well except for entertainment purposes. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Are the original comments on the message board still up or were they taken down? Yes, I am too lazy to search a forum I don't care about.... well except for entertainment purposes. 

Maybe... but why not Mineo too then?

Yes the 3-post chain is still there.  It's easy enough to find.  Just search the forum for 'skank'.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

I doubt this.  The guy was(is?) married with adult kids.  I would think that kind of drama would be in the rear view mirror at this stage in his life, but I may be projecting.

I don't necessarily think so.  With the state of rich people's "I AM GRANDER THAN ALL" mentality, I wouldn't be surprised.  Look how many politicians cheat on their wives of 46 years with 20 year old Division Street hookers that we hear about.  How many do you think we don't hear about?  Look at NBA players with 17 kids from 15 different cities.  It happens.  It's fckn wild.  There is a certain threshold of money and power that when it's surpassed it can change you if your constitution is weak or if you just plain have no character morals to begin with.

• Stalling 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

28 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

I doubt this.  The guy was(is?) married with adult kids.  I would think that kind of drama would be in the rear view mirror at this stage in his life, but I may be projecting.

Older rich dude. Wouldn’t be shocked if it’s either 

29 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Yes the 3-post chain is still there.  It's easy enough to find.  Just search the forum for 'skank'.

True...

"Maybe"  because the original posts don't involve Mineo...."Maybe" because he is very much an enemy of the state. I'm just throwing out a classic 98lb "Maybe"..... WIllie did keep his post about being out on Iowa, so it doesn't appear his opinion on the matter has changed. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

35 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

I'm sure he will probably clarify himself, but my bet is it had nothing to do with any type of lawsuit threat-he's undefeated in court and isn't big on backing down from his opinions.  I think the tweet itself, while completely spot on to call out that disgusting Iowa donor, unfortunately also amplified the vile thing that the donor had posted. So my guess is Willie decided to delete it just so he wouldn't amplify the message. 

Edited by billyhoyle
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

@Husker_Du's Tweet was deleted while Mineo's variant remains.

Reflecting on the 3-post chain, maybe the joke was more about ski bum culture men incorrectly assuming a girl thinks they're the only one.  Facts: Bob is a big time skier, and his company even owns a ski resort.

Maybe the comment Bob replied to, which pretty innocuously pointed out Alli previously dated Cory Clark, even bolsters an interpretation that he was more so making fun of Cory Clark's possible perception.

My own initial interpretation was biased by the unfortunate 'skank' comment sandwiched between the two others.  That anonymous poster doubled-down unapologetically.

But we all realize rare is the board poster who reads all comments in a thread before posting.  And even if that's one's practice, editing a post can be interrupted or the page not refreshed so that an unseen post slips in.

So maybe Willie reflected on this and decided to delete his post.  Or maybe Willie realized Alli and Derek can fight their own battles.  Or maybe Willie thought his action was something of the kind 'snowflakes' take when invoking 'cancel culture,' which I believe he sometimes rails against.  IDK.  Maybe he'll explain sometime.

I tend to agree with what you said here. This is not a great look for Bob and definitely something that you don't want one of your biggest donors saying but he was not the person in the thread calling Alli a "skank" (which is a horrible thing to say obviously). 

• Fire 1

30 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

I'm sure he will probably clarify himself, but my bet is it had nothing to do with any type of lawsuit threat-he's undefeated in court and isn't big on backing down from his opinions.  I think the tweet itself, while completely spot on to call out that disgusting Iowa donor, unfortunately also amplified the vile thing that the donor had posted. So my guess is Willie decided to delete it just so he wouldn't amplify the message. 

Maybe (right @Idaho? )

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Here you go. Real classy.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/terry-gone-also.418750/#post-11187596

20 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

This was probably brought up on one of these threads, but is Kueter all but a foregone conclusion to wrestle?

Wants to put his focus as a tight end on the Football team. Some have called Iowa Tight End University. 

I thought he was primarily a LB?

His mom has publicly refuted Minnow's classless "breaking news"  that Kueter was going to focus on football (and give up wrestling) because he despises the Ferraris.

12 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I thought he was primarily a LB?

His mom has publicly refuted Minnow's classless "breaking news"  that Kueter was going to focus on football (and give up wrestling) because he despises the Ferraris.

Thanks, this had nothing to do with Minnow's BS though, just some rumblings on another forum.

Maybe he was just considering tight end. 

#MinnowIsATurd

5 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

Gee, I dunno but I have to imagine that the last thing this poor girl wants or needs is for a bunch of pearl-clutching white knights to defend her honor by amplifying lewd comments made about her online.

Minnow and Willie took something that was isolated to the GIA message board and blasted it all over the place. Definitely not cool.

Man, every time I come back to this thread, there’s another turd in the toilet.

I’m sure every schools has their share of d-bag donors. The issue is Iowa slapping his name up on their new facility. I Even if his latest gem was not intended to endorse the “skank” comment, there is still enough dishonesty, misogyny and pettiness in his other posts to make him unworthy IMO. Whether Iowa has the cajones to risk losing his donation by renaming the facility remains to be seen.

I am tempted to add that I am not optimistic given the Brands’ track record  of taking money from sources far worse than Nicolls. But realistically this is an admin call. 

• Fire 2

35 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Thanks, this had nothing to do with Minnow's BS though, just some rumblings on another forum.

Maybe he was just considering tight end. 

#MinnowIsATurd

Tight End certainly makes sense for an kid of his skills at that program.  6'3" does seem a tad short though.

I am far from a Minnow fan to start with, but I think including a high school kid in one of his false posts is pretty low, but was overshadowed by all the other stuff that is going on.

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Tight End certainly makes sense for an kid of his skills at that program.  6'3" does seem a tad short though.

I am far from a Minnow fan to start with, but I think including a high school kid in one of his false posts is pretty low, but was overshadowed by all the other stuff that is going on.

To be frank, it's pretty much par for the course with him.  Creepazoid calls himself Uncle Pat with the McCort kids.

• Fire 3
  • Clown 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

46 minutes ago, BAC said:

Man, every time I come back to this thread, there’s another turd in the toilet.

I’m sure every schools has their share of d-bag donors. The issue is Iowa slapping his name up on their new facility. I Even if his latest gem was not intended to endorse the “skank” comment, there is still enough dishonesty, misogyny and pettiness in his other posts to make him unworthy IMO. Whether Iowa has the cajones to risk losing his donation by renaming the facility remains to be seen.

I am tempted to add that I am not optimistic given the Brands’ track record  of taking money from sources far worse than Nicolls. But realistically this is an admin call. 

The funniest thing about his claims is that by making them, they undercut his own previous claims.

Bob has claimed, many times in recent months, that "the playing field is level" between Penn State and Iowa.

Then, he claims (with no proof at all) that Nagao received "the standard 30k/month" from Penn State donors.

So, if it is standard for Penn State wrestlers to make 300k+ a year, why aren't all Iowa starters making that same amount of money now, and why did Nagao choose Penn State over Iowa if the playing field is, in fact, level?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Le duke said:

The funniest thing about his claims is that by making them, they undercut his own previous claims.

Bob has claimed, many times in recent months, that "the playing field is level" between Penn State and Iowa.

Then, he claims (with no proof at all) that Nagao received "the standard 30k/month" from Penn State donors.

So, if it is standard for Penn State wrestlers to make 300k+ a year, why aren't all Iowa starters making that same amount of money now, and why did Nagao choose Penn State over Iowa if the playing field is, in fact, level?

Schrodinger's playing field — simultaneously flat and the Grand Canyon 

3 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Unfortunately being a married man with adult children does not eliminate extramarital affairs.    I am not sure how anyone could read what Bob has posted and come away the impression that this a man of high moral character. 

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

Unfortunately being a married man with adult children does not eliminate extramarital affairs.    I am not sure how anyone could read what Bob has posted and come away the impression that this a man of high moral character. 

Can't dispute either points.

Your uncertainty about individual impressions notwithstanding, I am similarly or more unsure that his posts demonstrate he is a man who would cheat on his wife with the specifically identified female wrestler.  This is the context of my response.  I am not particularly interested in any kind of generalized characterization of this particular individual's "moral character."

• Fire 1