184 - Assad dec Gaitan 6-4 Iowa

197 - Bastida dec Glazier 7-6 ISU

285 - Cass pin Schon 12-7 Iowa

125 - Ayala dec Terukina 15-7

133 - Teske dec Redding 18-7

141 - Woods dec Swiderski 21-7

149 - Johnson dec Voinovich 21-10

157 - Chittum dec Siebrecht 21-13 Iowa

As much as it would be funny to see it happen (ISU winning) and end with Chittum, I don’t see it.  They’d need to win 2 of 125, 133, and 141.

Edited by 1032004

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

165 - Carr major Kennedy 4-0 ISU

174 - Brands dec Broderson 4-3

As much as it would be funny to see it happen (ISU winning) and end with Chittum, I don’t see it.  They’d need to win 2 of 125, 133, and 141.

I have heard we won’t ever see Swiderski down at 141 again. That was a very hard cut. 

8 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I'm excited for @ionel commentary. 

"These boys have ice in their veins"

They should do okay.  I think Iowa beats them both, though.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

13 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I'm excited for @ionel commentary. 

"These boys have ice in their veins"

This may be true evan though I don't know jack about these two.  

Edited by ionel
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

165 - Carr major Kennedy 4-0 ISU

174 - Brands dec Broderson 4-3

Given HR chatter, surprised you don't have all three Ferrari in the hawk lineup.  Is it true Angelo may follow in big bros footsteps and fail to complete his HS career?  Is it also true little bro is now deadlifting 506?  

IMO a red hot Ferrari lineup will melt @flyingcement's frosty lineup.  🔥 > 🧊 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ionel said:

Given HR chatter, surprised you don't have all three Ferrari in the hawk lineup.  Is it true Angelo may follow in big bros footsteps and fail to complete his HS career?  Is it also true little bro is now deadlifting 506?  

IMO a red hot Ferrari lineup will melt @flyingcement's frosty lineup.  🔥 > 🧊 

Isn’t Angelo only a junior in HS?  And seems the consensus is Anthony wouldn’t beat Chittum?  AJ would certainly help though if his charges get dropped, and a rematch of a different incident that could have resulted in sexual assault charges would also certainly add to the storyline…

125: Ayala dec Terukina 3-0

133: Teske dec Grice 6-0

141: Woods dec Redding 9-0

149: Johnson dec Voinovich 9-3

157: Siebrecht dec Chittum 12-3

165: Carr dec Kennedy 12-6

174: Brands dec Gaitan 15-6

184: Broderson dec Assad 15-9

197: Bastida dec Franklin 15-12

285: Cassioppi fall Schon 21-12

Edited by flyingcement

12 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Isn’t Angelo only a junior in HS?  And seems the consensus is Anthony wouldn’t beat Chittum?  AJ would certainly help though if his charges get dropped, and a rematch of a different incident that could have resulted in sexual assault charges would also certainly add to the storyline…

That's my point about following his bros, do you need a HS degree to wrestle for Iowa?  I certainly wouldn't advise any to take any of these 3 into the fold but if HR folk want it many of us are willing to be entertained while watching them blow up the program and if that happens them frosty clones have a chance but I wouldn't bet on it.  😉

34 minutes ago, ionel said:

That's my point about following his bros, do you need a HS degree to wrestle for Iowa?  I certainly wouldn't advise any to take any of these 3 into the fold but if HR folk want it many of us are willing to be entertained while watching them blow up the program and if that happens them frosty clones have a chance but I wouldn't bet on it.  😉

Anthony and AJ both graduated HS didn't they?

6 hours ago, flyingcement said:

125: Ayala dec Terukina 3-0

133: Teske dec Grice 6-0

141: Woods dec Redding 9-0

149: Johnson dec Voinovich 9-3

157: Siebrecht dec Chittum 12-3

165: Carr dec Kennedy 12-6

174: Brands dec Gaitan 15-6

184: Broderson dec Assad 15-9

197: Bastida dec Franklin 15-12

285: Cassioppi fall Schon 21-12

A lot of smoke saying he is going up this year.

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Naaktgeboren true freshman starter for 197? Or Fisher up one

Tate was a decent sized 182 pounder in high school last year. Would be a big jump to college 197 right out of the gate. 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, gents.

We are starting this dual at 125, because only people who suck start elsewhere!

For the sake of argument, we have both squads at fully healthy because if anyone hopes gents duck or are hurt they also suck.

Also for the sake of argument this is for purely entertainment purposes because if anyone wants to be a turdbiscuit then they suck and I have a pineapple seat to sell them.  Now I am typing this out on my phone, so as to get a feel for momentum as the scores come in.

- 125 -

Drake Ayala, Iowa VS Kysen Terukina, ISU

Ayala comes out fast and strong and puts a lot of points on the board.  He gets worn down a bit and loses the bonus but gets a wide 12-6 Decision.

Iowa is up 3 - 0

- 133 -

Cullen Schriever, Iowa VS Evan Frost, ISU

Much the opposite of the last match in which Iowa came out strong, it is Frost coming out hot.  He isn't able to separate as much as Ayala was and Schriever nearly grinds him out with three late stall calls to force OT.  Frost is able to get the TD from somewhere out of left field for a thrilling 9-7 Decision.

Tied 3 - 3

- 141 -

Real Woods, Iowa VS Jacob Frost, ISU

It is very evident very early that Woods is on a different level.  After the first he has taken Frost down half a dozen times.  It gets late in the third and he realizes he is close to the Tech.  He lollygagged on Top too long in the 2nd, though, and 'only' pulls out the 20-8 Major.

Iowa leads 7 - 3

- 149 -

Victor Voinovich, Iowa VS Paniro Johnson, ISU

Paniro comes out strong and fast with a few catch and release in the first.  VV is able to build up riding time in the 2nd by riding him out.  Match ends with Johnson getting a late takedown off a desperate VV shot.  Johnson via 8-5 Decision.

Iowa leads 7 - 6

- 157 -

Cobe Siebrecht, Iowa VS Cody Chittum, ISU

Chittum comes out and just controls the match.  A few takedowns and riding time nearly locked up late in the third and BAM!  He is fighting off his back for thr last 45 seconds of the match and Siebrecht pulls a 9-6 Decision victory right out of his tophat, giving Iowa an exciting, and fantastic lead heading in to the break.

Iowa leads 10 - 6

- 165 -

Patrick Kennedy, Iowa VS David Carr, ISU

This turns in to a full-on, all-out brawl in which PK aptly earns the moniker Lunchbox Mits Jr.  The match is 4-4 and heading in to OT where Carr gets a lightning quick takedown to seal it with a 6-4 Decision victory.

Iowa leads 10 - 9

- 174 -

Nelson Brands, Iowa VS MJ Gaitan, ISU

This match isn't at all like it was last year, in which Brands demolishrd Gaitain.  This us a back and forth fist fight.  Someone has to restrain Terry as his boy, Nelson, gets out Nelson Brandsded.  Gaitain takes another gutsy one for ISU in rideouts as he rides him out in UTB2 via a 3-2 Decision.  Iowa State takes their first lead of the night.

Iowa State leads 12 - 10.

- 184 -

Brennan Swafford, Iowa VS Will Feldkamp, Iowa State

Folks are curious about Swafford?  Well the Iowa room isn't and he shows why.  He comes out and exchanges takedowns with the grad transfer.  Feldkamp seems to have more trouble with his speed than Swafford does Feldkamp's perceived size advantage and it pays off to the tune of an 11-8 Decision victory for Swafford - putting Iowa back in the lead.

Iowa leads 13 - 12.

- 197 -

Abe Assad, Iowa VS Manny Rojas, Iowa State

Wait... what?  Rojas up at 197?  Dafuq?  It doesn't matter because he decks Assad faster that we can physically say 'What the phul?'  Rojas wins via Pin in 22 seconds.  Iowa State back in the lead by a rather wide margin.

Iowa State leads 18 - 13.

- 285 -

Anthony Cassioppi, Iowa VS Yonger Bastida, Iowa State

Some folks, myself included, have been frothing at the mouth for matches like this since Bastida beat Cornell's Fernandes.  The difference between that Bastida and this one is that this one somehow alrrafy weighs 240lbs and is barely five (5) pounds lighter than Cassioppi.  Interesting to note that Wrestlestat gives this on to Bastida via 6-5 Decision. The first period is a snoozefest with nobody really committing to anything until Bastida hits a smooth takedown just prior the the period running out.  Cassioppi selects neutral in the 2nd and now it looks like his is head hunting.  He whiffs on a throw and gives up another TD.  Down 3-1 entering the 3rd.  Bastida chooses down.  Cassioppi rolls him up like a fruit rollup for the Pin at 5:36.

Iowa beats Iowa State 19 - 18

One might say that Chittum cost Iowa State the dual by only wrestling 6M15S of his match.

One might say Cassioppi is a bad man.

One might say that none if this is going to happen.

To which I would say: You suck.

Edited by nhs67
  • Fire 2

12 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I'm excited to see how the Frost bit plays out with Ionel puns.  Especially since I think they may end up hitting the portal eventually

Just better hope they don't transfer to Nebraska, they got Pinto, that kid's on fire  🔥 them frost boys will just be a warm puddle of water in that practice room. 

• Haha 2