The degeneration of society: gun violence

jross

6 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I thought it was bad enough that people wanted to live like it is 1776, now we got one that thinks 1176 is the way to go.  I suppose we should count our blessings, as that is progressive by comparison to the 6th century folks.

Has nothing to do about wanting to go back to the 12th century… It has everything to do with people whining about living in the safest time that has ever existed on this planet…

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

Has nothing to do about wanting to go back to the 12th century… It has everything to do with people whining about living in the safest time that has ever existed on this planet…

People shouldn't whine about the murder of children.  They murdered 'em all back in the day.

3 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

People shouldn't whine about the murder of children.  They murdered 'em all back in the day.

They dropped the cats and dogs back then as well… You all don’t know how good you got it…

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Paul158 said:

Guns have always been readily available to the lawless. Know matter what laws you pass the lawless will have their guns.  Taking guns away from law abiding citizens will never affect the lawless. Actually the lawless love gun laws.

Not always. As I posted - there was a time when guns weren't readily available to everyone.

That was the point of my post. Maybe read it again.

When guns became readily available to anyone - the lawless were able to obtain them. And the scenario changed. And it hasn't changed much since then. (Again, that was in my 1st post.)

There's no hidden message here about passing laws that take away guns. The original message was simple and clear.

And you're right, the lawless do love gun laws - now that they are able to obtain them easily.

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, LJB said:

...or maybe the most dangerous time that has ever existed. Depends on your perspective.

Yah, yah, I know - I'm "adorable"... you should post a GIF. 

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

...or maybe the most dangerous time that has ever existed. Depends on your perspective.

Yah, yah, I know - I'm "adorable"... you should post a GIF. 

categorically false...

but...

old women are gonna old women...

and yes...

still salty...

still begging for attention...

and still...

adorable...

7 minutes ago, LJB said:

categorically false...

but...

old women are gonna old women...

and yes...

still salty...

still begging for attention...

and still...

adorable...

Maybe check with Ukrainians on that 'categorically false' tidbit - it most definitely isn't the "safest time that has ever existed on this planet" for them.

Wait, where's the GIF? Slowing down in your old age? C'mon Blackbird, you can do it.

2 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Maybe check with Ukrainians on that 'categorically false' tidbit - it most definitely isn't the "safest time that has ever existed on this planet" for them.

Wait, where's the GIF? Slowing down in your old age? C'mon Blackbird, you can do it.

adorable...

you should have someone read you a book sometimes...

you are not very good at this, but...

i do appreciate the tenacity...

4 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Do either of us "accomplish" anything here? C'mon sport - you're a weirdo, but not a dumb one.

Really…

like awful at whatever your are wanting out if this…

I remember your PM months ago begging to not get into with me and now you are doing just a horrible job at trying to get a rise…

you just are not capable enough…

I care so little about this convo, no associated goal. Which is good - because nothing is being accomplished.

More curious about where you think you are going with it. Which I've already made clear.

Careful here - you seem to be crossing that line from weird but not dumb - to weird and dumb.

There's no conspiracy theory around this corner. Maybe check the next one.

1 minute ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I care so little about this convo, no associated goal. Which is good - because nothing is being accomplished.

More curious about where you think you are going with it. Which I've already made clear.

Careful here - you seem to be crossing that line from weird but not dumb - to weird and dumb.

There's no conspiracy theory around this corner. Maybe check the next one.

Seriously…

you have an agenda but are not near capable enough to even know how to go about it…

Good luck, brother…

It used to be that the mentally ill were placed in psychiatric hospitals. Now they can be a brand ambassador for a multinational corporation. Or shoot up schools if they're not incarcerated (i.e. white).

Perhaps we should address how, as a society, we deal with mental illness rather than clamoring to take away the one thing standing in the way from us degenerating into a fat, stupid version of China.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

It used to be that the mentally ill were placed in psychiatric hospitals. Now they can be a brand ambassador for a multinational corporation. Or shoot up schools if they're not incarcerated (i.e. white).

Perhaps we should address how, as a society, we deal with mental illness rather than clamoring to take away the one thing standing in the way from us degenerating into a fat, stupid version of China.

Or address going through life fat, drunk and stupid.

7 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

I think this is something interesting to look into.   Right now, it is next to impossible to get a person committed.  

Thanks Theo!

mspart