Olympic Trials Tickets Pre-Sale at Usurious Prices

WTF

On BWI they are talking about the trials pre-sale prices (tix went on sale today) reporting tickets for the Olympic Trials at $250 (upper) - $500+ (lower), roughly double to triple prior prices.

For lower section seats they quoted prices of $416 (section 101) and $512 (section 106). These were under $150 two years ago.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

WTF

On BWI they are talking about the trials pre-sale prices (tix went on sale today) reporting tickets for the Olympic Trials at $250 (upper) - $500+ (lower), roughly double to triple prior prices.

For lower section seats they quoted prices of $416 (section 101) and $512 (section 106). These were under $150 two years ago.

Went to World's in 82 for $20 as I recall.

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

yo comprende market. But that was not the original question.

but it is the reality...

they can charge whatever the market will bear...

my guess is the guidos know better what the market will bear than anyone who is going to whine about it does...

Pre-sale is always a scam.

That’s what I am wondering. I bought two lower bowl tickets right at noon so I can be sure I have them, but I wanted more than 2. Now it’s showing there’s nothing left lower bowl but I have to assume there’s some reserved for the regular sale, right? Will they be cheaper then?

5 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

That’s what I am wondering. I bought two lower bowl tickets right at noon so I can be sure I have them, but I wanted more than 2. Now it’s showing there’s nothing left lower bowl but I have to assume there’s some reserved for the regular sale, right? Will they be cheaper then?

Yep. Concert tiks work the same way. It's a bad deal. The venue holds 15,000 and pre sale generates some hype. 

Mapping out nine days of April 2024 is super fun.

• April 13-16: Boston Marathon. Went over budget again this year, will probably make the same mistakes again next year.
  • [April 15: tax deadline]
  • April 17: "Work" from home but make everything the client's fault for not meeting deliverables while I am wholly offline during this stretch
  • April 18-21: Olympic trials. Solo no family. Still budgeting $7k to do my part supporting James Franklin's coaching staff salaries.
  • April 22: Divorce court. This will be the most expensive part of all. 

If I somehow can survive April 2024, then Los Angeles in July 2028 has me dead to rights.

• Haha 3

i am an idiot on the internet

27 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Yep. Concert tiks work the same way. It's a bad deal. The venue holds 15,000 and pre sale generates some hype. 

i bought two tickets recently for amyl and the sniffers for the girl child and i...

$185 for a punk rock show...

pearl jam may have been onto something in the 90s...

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

pearl jam may have been onto something in the 90s...

Ticketbastard won and continues to win. PJ helped pull us out of glam metal. Thankfully.

Catchy name. Wonder if Amyl and the Poppers was taken. 

• Haha 1

Just now, MPhillips said:

Ticketbastard won and continues to win. PJ helped pull us out of glam metal. Thankfully.

Catchy name. Wonder if Amyl and the Poppers was taken. 

dude...

if you haven't checked her out you should...

proper punk rock and a cutie pie on top of it...

my guess the odds of it being sold out are roughly similar if the tickets were $50...

this country only truly supports wrestling when the participants wear the color of the school the people failed out of in the second semester... 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

Folks also think bands decide the tik prices, they don't...

FWIW, venues have to be staffed. The prices quoted above for the pre sale are still a cash grab. It would be different (maybe) if those pre sale prices guaranteed best seats in that price range but in my experience you could be sitting next to someone who bought their tiks a couple days before for less money. Pre sale generates, "I don't want to miss out" prices. It's an anxiety buy.