NCAA Matches Vault

Back in the day, at the NCAA tourney, matches were kept on VHS. One tape each for competitors and a third for... well, for what? Where are these matches, what are they doing with them, how can one get ahold of all/some of them? 

Posting a searchable archive of matches over the years would be invaluable to athletes and coaches to watch. With the new NIL are athletes owed the opportunity to take their matches to try to monetize their competitive years however for in the past? 

Same questions for D2, D3, NJ, and NAIA

Hmm I think you may be referring to NCAA On Demand.  Back in the day they converted the TV finals into a DVD then sold them.  Blue & White DVD cases.  I see a few of the years available on Prime.  View on line.  The hard copies may be hard to come by?  I bought a few back when they were out.

29 minutes ago, TwoPointsTakeDown84 said:

Back in the day, at the NCAA tourney, matches were kept on VHS. One tape each for competitors and a third for... well, for what? Where are these matches, what are they doing with them, how can one get ahold of all/some of them? 

Posting a searchable archive of matches over the years would be invaluable to athletes and coaches to watch. With the new NIL are athletes owed the opportunity to take their matches to try to monetize their competitive years however for in the past? 

Same questions for D2, D3, NJ, and NAIA

18 minutes ago, CraigOR said:

Hmm I think you may be referring to NCAA On Demand.  Back in the day they converted the TV finals into a DVD then sold them.  Blue & White DVD cases.  I see a few of the years available on Prime.  View on line.  The hard copies may be hard to come by?  I bought a few back when they were out.

No, when I was working they had a video system at each mat. As far as I recall it was mainly to give the coaches but was sometimes used for post match protests/controversial scenarios. I don't believe they could use them formally for that last purpose though more for study.