Bud Light

mspart

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ab-inbev-stock-drops-as-analysts-look-for-stabilization-in-bud-light-sales-declines-181740395.html

AB InBev stock drops as analysts look for 'stabilization' in Bud Light sales declines

Shares of Bud Light's parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) are down 7.6% since it reported earnings May 4.

Shares of Bud Light parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) are down 7.6% since the company reported earnings May 4 as the Dylan Mulvaney controversy continues to weigh on the beer giant's sales.

Bud Light sales during the week of May 6 declined 23.6% compared to the same time period last year, according to data from Bump Williams Consulting and Nielsen NIQ cited by Evercore ISI.

That's a slightly larger decline than the prior week ending April 29, which saw Bud Light sales down 23.4% year-over-year. Following the initial boycott, sales were down 6.9% for the week ending April 8.

It's the fourth straight week of declining sales for Bud Light — and comes after Mulvaney, a transgender influencer and TikTok personality, made an Instagram post during March Madness basketball endorsing the beer.

image.png.85873e34d9027c280f80c8c047fa6d64.png

The hurt continues.   And it is across the AB product line.  Not good news for AB or Inbev. 

mspart

18 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Brutally effective cancel brought to us by the folks who can't condemn "cancel culture" loud enough!   Now we have an investment decision - AB or Molson Coors?

Do you even know what cancel culture is??  There is a HUGE difference between large corporations or entities banning a person, or a show, because they don't like what they said, versus CUSTOMERS deciding to not buy a product because a company said and did things indicating that the company no longer wants them as customers.

And based on what you said, I assume you are all for true cancel culture?  By the way, you can't have it both ways...ie., you can't be for cancel culture when someone is canceled because you disagree with what they said, and against cancel culture when someone is cancelled because you agree with what they said.

18 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Brutally effective cancel brought to us by the folks who can't condemn "cancel culture" loud enough!   Now we have an investment decision - AB or Molson Coors?

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

The Budlight customer response involved some coordinated boycotting, and that meets my definition of cancel culture.  Holding people and companies accountable is appropriate.  

My concern is when the response is disproportionate to the offense.  And this disproportion is what has me disgusted with the left, and what made Twitter a horrible place before Elon took over.

51 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Do you even know what cancel culture is??  There is a HUGE difference between large corporations or entities banning a person, or a show, because they don't like what they said, versus CUSTOMERS deciding to not buy a product because a company said and did things indicating that the company no longer wants them as customers.

And based on what you said, I assume you are all for true cancel culture?  By the way, you can't have it both ways...ie., you can't be for cancel culture when someone is canceled because you disagree with what they said, and against cancel culture when someone is cancelled because you agree with what they said.

This is textbook cancel culture.   I have no problem with cancel culture.  It is part of the human condition and has been since people first learned to organize themselves.

3 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

This is textbook cancel culture.   I have no problem with cancel culture.  It is part of the human condition and has been since people first learned to organize themselves.

Trevor Moran Laughing GIF by iHeartRadio

The wrong kind of cancel culture...

There are endless stories...

I use anonymous Reddit accounts and cannot speak conservative thoughts.  There is no middle ground discussion or respect and understanding...

I use a named Twitter account.  The hate, lies, misinformation, and criminal behavior caused by the mob's reaction to the orange man were insane between 2015 and still on occasion.  I could not speak a word of support for orange man policies without the risk of being canceled.  I still don't tweet religious/political opinions for fear of the crazies.  

• Fire 2

Learned this morning that Lauren Boebert's convicted pedo soon to be ex-husband doesn't dink Bud Light.  She just threw that out there, so that must be a load off for a lot of folks.  Are the folks who no longer drink bud light eating m&ms yet?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

On 5/18/2023 at 8:39 AM, Plasmodium said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF

• Haha 1