Angelo Ferrari set to announce "commitment" [sic] on May 31

I get that Angelo's only "sin" (to use another poster's words) is who he is related to, but I really, really, very much don't want this family anywhere near the program. Just a random hawk fan's perspective. 

If AJ is taken on board, I'm not sure what I'll do. Gable and the Iowa wrestling program did a lot for my family so I'll always have some respect for it. I just can't imagine actively supporting the program when they have such a cancer in their presence. 

And yeah, I'm aware that there are similar if not worse characters in other sports, especially the major popular ones. I'm not a fan of those sports though and don't contribute money to those teams. 

• Fire 3

I really hope we get some entertainment out of this, but it’s certainly plausible Anthony gets kicked off the team and AJ never joins, and hopefully the worst thing Angelo does is pretend to shoot the OSU bench like Ashnault did

Recruiting the three Ferrari brothers is easily the dumbest thing I have ever seen in decades of following this sport. The only way this makes any sense is if Angelo is the only one that ends up on campus and he somehow manages to disown the rest of his family. Anthony has already faced misdemeanor charges of battery. A.J. is looking at felony sexual battery/assault. You know what you are getting with 2/3 and with the youngest, the smart thing would be to just avoid him given his family (even if that is unfair to him, that's life).  

This is such a bad idea-if any of them commits a crime against another U of I student or a member of the local community, Tom Brands needs to be fired. His job should be tied to their behavior.  You don't invite people who have faced criminal charges onto your team and into your community (and seemingly show zero remorse for them) without taking personal responsibility for their actions.  I'd argue even John Smith holds some accountability for failing to discipline A.J. despite his countless transgressions in the years leading up to the alleged sexual assault incident. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

This is you

Korean Drama Crying GIF by The Swoon

The only people who don't recognize this move as completely idiotic are a subset of Iowa fans. I think even most Iowa fans think this is absolutely insane.  Maybe Brands will be right and the sixth chance will be the charm for the two older brothers....Seems like quite a risk though. 

• Fire 2

3 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

The only people who don't recognize this move as completely idiotic are a subset of Iowa fans. 

I was at a high school baseball game the other day. The batter popped a foul ball high up into the parking lot toward a nice looking BMW parked way too close to the field. The whole crowd oohed as it came down until the ball just missed, harmlessly bouncing off the ground. The owner stood up with his arms in the air, and the crowd booed. Lo and behold, the next pitch, the same thing, ball sailing toward the Beamer again, the crowd oohing… SMACK! Car alarm goes off. Windshield broken. The crowd on its feet cheering. The owner quickly scuttles off looking pissed and flips off the crowd. The crowd cheers louder. The moral of the story: use some common sense to protect your nice things, because, if you don’t, everyone will be more than happy to watch it get destroyed.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

Recruiting the three Ferrari brothers is easily the dumbest thing I have ever seen in decades of following this sport. The only way this makes any sense is if Angelo is the only one that ends up on campus and he somehow manages to disown the rest of his family. Anthony has already faced misdemeanor charges of battery. A.J. is looking at felony sexual battery/assault. You know what you are getting with 2/3 and with the youngest, the smart thing would be to just avoid him given his family (even if that is unfair to him, that's life).  

This is such a bad idea-if any of them commits a crime against another U of I student or a member of the local community, Tom Brands needs to be fired. His job should be tied to their behavior.  You don't invite people who have faced criminal charges onto your team and into your community (and seemingly show zero remorse for them) without taking personal responsibility for their actions.  I'd argue even John Smith holds some accountability for failing to discipline A.J. despite his countless transgressions in the years leading up to the alleged sexual assault incident. 

You may need to get out more...

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

They let a kid wrestle on the team who told other members of his own team he was going to off their parents right in front of them...multiple times. This was AFTER he transferred in because he was kicked off his previous team for antics we all saw on national television. 

Im not sure morals are very high on the brands recruiting requirements anymore

• Fire 1

Just now, TNwrestling said:

They let a kid wrestle on the team who told other members of his own team he was going to off their parents right in front of them...multiple times. This was AFTER he transferred in because he was kicked off his previous team for antics we all saw on national television. 

Not surprised by this move.  The trolls have shown their lack of any morals since the DuPont and Foxcatcher crap. 

And loved that the younger Focus disrespected Penn St., I have instantly become a fan of the Nittany Lions and can't wait for the utter beat down they will give the hawks.

• Fire 1

44 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

Very high morals in the whole five years since chasing PD3. I sincerely can't believe they went down this route again. No wonder Kemerer left.

i am an idiot on the internet

52 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

And loved that the younger Focus disrespected Penn St., I have instantly become a fan of the Nittany Lions and can't wait for the utter beat down they will give the hawks.

Man, when you find out some of the things Bo Nickal has said and done toward Iowa, both while competing and as an alumnus, you're going to be very confused, I'm sure.

If TNT had just pursued Angelo and kindly told Anthony (and AJ) to ***duck duck goose** right off, that would be a good coaching decision. I would respect the hell out of them for that. The hard right over the easy wrong.

Angelo, to this point, hasn't done anything to sully his own good name. Until he does anything bad, he's a good kid trying to make it in the world. Unfortunately for him, his family is along for the ride and I fear that they will not let him succeed.

• Fire 4

2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

If TNT had just pursued Angelo and kindly told Anthony (and AJ) to ***duck duck goose** right off, that would be a good coaching decision. I would respect the hell out of them for that. The hard right over the easy wrong.

Angelo, to this point, hasn't done anything to sully his own good name. Until he does anything bad, he's a good kid trying to make it in the world. Unfortunately for him, his family is along for the ride and I fear that they will not let him succeed.

I can't see the youngest of three brothers escaping the orbit of the other two and the dad and uncle...

I have noticed we don't ever seem to hear from the women in the Ferrari tribe.

5 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I think many of us agree with this post. Isn’t the word on the street this is what VT did?

Edited by DJT

Just now, Mike Parrish said:

I can't see the youngest of three brothers escaping the orbit of the other two and the dad and uncle...

I have noticed we don't ever seem to hear from the women in the Ferrari tribe.

Ferrari's sister did some victim blaming on Twitter when the charges against AJ were announced. 

8 hours ago, billyhoyle said:

Just imagine if Penn State fired Cael over the Andrew Long incident 🤯

I agree I think it’s a bad idea going after the Ferraris, but I’m not sure it’s fair to tie a coaches job to the behavior of college students. There’d be very few coaches left. There’s bad guys on every team… you just don’t hear about them unless they are a high profile athlete 

• Fire 2

3 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Just imagine if Penn State fired Cael over the Andrew Long incident 🤯

I agree I think it’s a bad idea going after the Ferraris, but I’m not sure it’s fair to tie a coaches job to the behavior of college students. There’d be very few coaches left. There’s bad guys on every team… you just don’t hear about them unless they are a high profile athlete 

I'd be inclined to agree if the behavioral incidents happened after the kids were already at the school. 

TnT recruited them AFTER the issues came up. One is more than likely going to prison. It didnt stop them from actively pursuing them. They have to take blame in this. 

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

I'd be inclined to agree if the behavioral incidents happened after the kids were already at the school. 

TnT recruited them AFTER the issues came up. One is more than likely going to prison. It didnt stop them from actively pursuing them. They have to take blame in this. 

More than likely?  Are you a legal expert well-versed in the case?

And I'm sure you are more than aware that Cael recruited Long after he was kicked off the Iowa State team for multiple run-ins with the law.  Long is now a convicted sex offender.

• Fire 1