Angelo Ferrari set to announce "commitment" [sic] on May 31

Will the entire Ferrari clan be moving to Iowa City?

Will the new interim AD Beth Goetz specifically have her eye on this time bomb?

Will Iowa impose similar safe guards or even over and above what OSU implemented?

What's your favorite brand of popcorn? 🍿 

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

Will Iowa impose similar safe guards or even over and above what OSU implemented?

If AJ is found guilty for the crimes he has been charged of committing, it would seem like a school should not allow him on campus even after he serves his time. 

10 minutes ago, ionel said:

I’m confident that Iowa will properly discipline them for any wrongdoing that occurs on their watch.

The question will be if (when?) one of them gets kicked off the team or something of that nature, will they all leave?

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I’m confident that Iowa will properly discipline them for any wrongdoing that occurs on their watch.

The question will be if (when?) one of them gets kicked off the team or something of that nature, will they all leave?

History shows they all leave together.   Guess this can be good and bad, they are gone but 2 to 3 instant holes in the lineup.

10 hours ago, TNwrestling said:

They let a kid wrestle on the team who told other members of his own team he was going to off their parents right in front of them...multiple times. This was AFTER he transferred in because he was kicked off his previous team for antics we all saw on national television. 

Im not sure morals are very high on the brands recruiting requirements anymore

As far as I remember, he is autistic and has never actually broken the law...these types of threats fit that pattern.  I was never a fan of his on the mat, but I think he is a different situation. 

8 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Just imagine if Penn State fired Cael over the Andrew Long incident 🤯

I agree I think it’s a bad idea going after the Ferraris, but I’m not sure it’s fair to tie a coaches job to the behavior of college students. There’d be very few coaches left. There’s bad guys on every team… you just don’t hear about them unless they are a high profile athlete 

What got Long kicked out of ISU? Wasn't it underage drinking? If he had a record of assault/sexual assault beforehand, then yeah Cael should have been held accountable for bringing him on campus. Even if Long had no prior history of violence, I agree that bringing him on campus was the worst decision that Cael has made in his tenure. 

26 minutes ago, hawkguy said:

If you think cael wasn't recruiting the number 1 recruit in that class, then I can't help you man

Sure anything is possible but if he was I bet Cael had one condition: keep you brothers, dad and uncle in Texas they aren't welcome in PA. 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Is an uncle actually a problem too?  I thought that was just a parody twitter account

It's a lot like the AOC (the bartender, not the wrestler) parody account... when you can't tell if it's fake or real, it's saying something.

Edited by DJT
  • Fire 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Was the Ferrari family anywhere close to the same flight risk as they are now…

For the sake of the argument, he could have just as easily said he wanted to recruit only Angelo, the same approach Virginia Tech and others took, apparently. Even though I don't think they recruited Angelo.

6 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Lucky for Iowa, they won't be a flight risk when they're inevitably all on court-ordered electronic monitoring. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, hawkguy said:

If you think cael wasn't recruiting the number 1 recruit in that class, then I can't help you man

Why would he want him when he can take the #10 recruit, develop him into a machine, then major a #1 recruit 2 years later?  It's not like there is a lot separating the top recruits and everyone knows PSU is going to out develop Iowa. Let's see.... Spencer Lee issues, gambling, Chittum up and leaving .... seems that Iowa has been swirled in controversy for awhile, yet PSU is keeping their hands clean. Why would Carl want that disaster when he just brought in Messenbrink? I'm a non-fan of both teams, but he proof is the pudding.  

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

38 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

I thought about this and edited my original post.  You probably posted before my edited reply.  I have since done additional research.

AJ visited PSU in September 2019.  He committed to OSU in October.  The incidents at Blair occurred a couple of months later.  By this point, the only major move was the TX to NJ move.  However, there was still some strong evidence of an over-involved family and I think some issues in age group wrestling.

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

Why would he want him when he can take the #10 recruit, develop him into a machine, then major a #1 recruit 2 years later?  It's not like there is a lot separating the top recruits and everyone knows PSU is going to out develop Iowa. Let's see.... Spencer Lee issues, gambling, Chittum up and leaving .... seems that Iowa has been swirled in controversy for awhile, yet PSU is keeping their hands clean. Why would Carl want that disaster when he just brought in Messenbrink? I'm a non-fan of both teams, but he proof is the pudding.  

Spencer Lee issues?

PSU clean hands? 🤣

6 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

PSU clean hands? 🤣

I'm in no way a PSU fan, but if you are attacking the wrestling program based on Sandusky/Paterno, you're being disingenuous, at best. If that's on the table, then Iowa wrestling can be criticized for racial and sexual discrimination and harassment lawsuits and getting sued for not paying its utility bills.

11 minutes ago, DJT said:

I'm in no way a PSU fan, but if you are attacking the wrestling program based on Sandusky/Paterno, you're being disingenuous, at best. If that's on the table, then Iowa wrestling can be criticized for racial and sexual discrimination and harassment lawsuits and getting sued for not paying its utility bills.

Talk about disingenuous!  Do some research! PSU athletics have had their share of racial incidents in recent years and also has the most pathetic numbers for Title IX compliance in the Big 10.  They are ranked 14th in discrepancy between male and female athletes!   That is a lawsuit waiting to be lost.