Angelo Ferrari set to announce "commitment" [sic] on May 31

1 hour ago, BlacknGold said:

You guys say you're happy Angelo chose Iowa then proceed to rant about it lol. I've never seen so much crying in my life. Have fun wishing ill will upon teenagers all day while simultaneously preaching about morals 😂

Sad Baby GIF

Sure you have!,  This past March with the Iowa wrestling crowd after NCAAs,

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Man, when you find out some of the things Bo Nickal has said and done toward Iowa, both while competing and as an alumnus, you're going to be very confused, I'm sure.

In of itself what was done is no big deal what Angelo did, but in the totality of the Focus' and what TNT was willing to sell for this clown show of a family (which isn't even strong enough of a label for this family) it pushed me to be a Penn St. fan...although I have always hated TNT...but liked and respected the historical Iowa teams (Dan Gable teams).

I get it...people like you who are die hard Hawk fans are going to defend them no matter how ridiculous the actions and complete lack of morals TNT demonstrate...but man, what Iowa is doing is nuts!

22 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

In of itself what was done is no big deal what Angelo did, but in the totality of the Focus' and what TNT was willing to sell for this clown show of a family (which isn't even strong enough of a label for this family) it pushed me to be a Penn St. fan...although I have always hated TNT...but liked and respected the historical Iowa teams (Dan Gable teams).

I get it...people like you who are die hard Hawk fans are going to defend them no matter how ridiculous the actions and complete lack of morals TNT demonstrate...but man, what Iowa is doing is nuts!

https://www.weareiowa.com/article/news/wrestling-with-life-the-andrew-long-story/524-50db074a-8db9-43cc-9ad9-97d9ccaf3ff8

https://intermatwrestle.com/articles/16057

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2016/08/19/former-iowa-state-grand-view-wrestler-back-jail/89005030/

https://www.psucollegian.com/sports/wrestling/where-members-of-the-2010-penn-state-wrestling-national-championship-team-are-a-decade-later/article_9bde60f4-fbc9-11eb-85f2-cfeef0b93a1e.html

Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I think you knowwwwwww.......

LOL....people are loyal to their teams no matter what...I personally wasn't exactly a penn st. fan and really aren't now, but my feelings are more of a dislike of TNT and the choice to bring in the "Family" with all the huge amounts of baggage hanging over them.  And what they did after DuPont shot my all-time idol Dave Schultz.

47 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

You caught me.  Big Team Ferrari guy here.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

Hard yikes

Pretty sure they’ve even tried to justify doing so in recent years (Flo doc maybe?), instead of owning up to it being a tremendous mistake.

Edited by DJT
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Man, when you find out some of the things Bo Nickal has said and done toward Iowa, both while competing and as an alumnus, you're going to be very confused, I'm sure.

I guess this is what you are talking about right?   I can see why you are confused.    

https://onwardstate.com/2022/01/13/i-am-iowas-daddy-bo-nickal-destroys-iowa-wrestling-fans-on-twitter/ 

19 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

I guess this is what you are talking about right?   I can see why you are confused.    

https://onwardstate.com/2022/01/13/i-am-iowas-daddy-bo-nickal-destroys-iowa-wrestling-fans-on-twitter/ 

Yeah man.  I don't care about that.  Well, let me rephrase, it sucks, but also it's totally awesome?  I'm not sure of a better way to phrase that.  I don't begrudge Bo talking shit to Iowa, even though I don't enjoy it as an idividual, I enjoy it as a fan of the sport.  That kind of stuff (and I put what Angelo Ferrari did yesterday in the same camp of showy disrespect) is the kind of stuff I like!  We need more of it in the sport!

• Fire 2

19 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Yeah man.  I don't care about that.  Well, let me rephrase, it sucks, but also it's totally awesome?  I'm not sure of a better way to phrase that.  I don't begrudge Bo talking shit to Iowa, even though I don't enjoy it as an idividual, I enjoy it as a fan of the sport.  That kind of stuff (and I put what Angelo Ferrari did yesterday in the same camp of showy disrespect) is the kind of stuff I like!  We need more of it in the sport!

Watch out or the oldhead baseball types with their no fun "unwritten rules of the game" crap will come after you

• Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

54 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Shit.

I vividly remember the gut punch I felt that day when the news came on.

Truth.  I remember it as well, I remember tthe Philly station Interviewed a resident named "Jack"  outside the compound  on the news and it was Cuvo.    Who must have been competing there at the time. 

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

In case this wasn’t already posted

TnT: Sorry Mark Perry. We know you are doing amazing things, and you are leading the best WFS room in the country while it is the fastest growing sport in kids athletics. But you gotta go. We know better than you.

TnT: We would like to bring in a person who is awaiting standing trial for sexual battery and has multiple allegations of sexual assault, sexual battery, and sexual misconduct.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet