True 3rds Officially Announced...

nhs67

4 hours ago, LJB said:

This is the first time I’ve ever seen that document…

I am pleasantly surprised that everyone gets the same amount…

I am pleasantly surprised that everyone gets the same amount…

now I know exactly what the kids injury while up 4-0 early in his first match last weekend actually “cost” him…

Well, played Mr. Dole… Well played, indeed…

Tip Of The Cap GIF by Giphy QA

A training partner of mine was a perennial Greco national team member throughout the 90s.  He had a similar document on his fridge, so I knew it was the same 30 years ago.  Wasn't sure if it changed.  He also had everyone's phone numbers (from both styles0 on his fridge.  I'm somewhat amazed that my idiot buddies didn't prank call some of the 80s and 90s legends after having a few barley sodas on a Saturday night.

4 hours ago, mspart said:

I would like to be the first to say that I hope your prediction is wrong.   I hope they all show up.   That's just me being greedy I know.  I think the money is short sighted as a main viewpoint on this.   You make #3 then you can hope and pray the other two guys get hurt and you are up!!!    Not so much if you don't show up. 

mspart

So in your opinion Fix's nightly prayers should be for strength, healing, clarity with tough decisions, for Vito to break his leg, and Nahshon to break his arm.  Sounds reasonable I guess.

• Fire 1

Would you be praying for their continued great health?  Yeah Right!   I overstated.   It doesn't have to be an injury, but something that keeps them from competing.  Else why have the #3 spot on the team?   Why do they have such a position on the team?  You tell me.

mspart

15 hours ago, MPhillips said:

"Hope and pray" for someone's demise seems, "short sighted" doesn't it?

Never said demise.   But I ask you the same I asked of Bob.  

Would you be praying for their continued great health?  Yeah Right!   I overstated.   It doesn't have to be an injury, but something that keeps them from competing.  Else why have the #3 spot on the team?   Why do they have such a position on the team?  You tell me.   I know, they have the #3 guy there because that guy doesn't want to be on the big stage.   Not at all.   Nope, he's hoping he never had to go there.  Content to be in the shadows.  

mspart

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

Would you be praying for their continued great health?  Yeah Right!   I overstated.   It doesn't have to be an injury, but something that keeps them from competing.  Else why have the #3 spot on the team?   Why do they have such a position on the team?  You tell me.

mspart

For training camps; different international tours; to keep guys active, engaged, and improving; etc.

I've followed this sport for decades.  Almost never has someone had to be replaced at Worlds/Olympics (Hancock, Garrett, who else?).  The idea of going three deep has nothing to do with "we need a #3 in case the top two get hurt!!!"

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

For training camps; different international tours; to keep guys active, engaged, and improving; etc.

I've followed this sport for decades.  Almost never has someone had to be replaced at Worlds/Olympics (Hancock, Garrett, who else?).  The idea of going three deep has nothing to do with "we need a #3 in case the top two get hurt!!!"

provisor and thielke just last year...

Embarrassed Exit Strategy GIF

7 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I've followed this sport for decades.  Almost never has someone had to be replaced at Worlds/Olympics (Hancock, Garrett, who else?).  

Terry Brands, maybe twice, can't remember exactly.

Trevel Dlagnev, 2015. 

Happens very rarely for obvious reasons.

Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I remembered Hancock, somehow forgot those two.  Very very rare situation.  They certainly didn't need to go down to #3! (or did they?)

USAW does not like to talk about any number of dismissals in the last year or so...

Excuse Me What GIF by Chicago Fire

but, no...

not #3 in seniors...

happens with some regularity at lower age levels...

59 minutes ago, mspart said:

Would you be praying for their continued great health?  Yeah Right!  

Maybe you follow a completely different religion or basis of religion, but yes my prayers would be for everyone on the team to compete to the highest of their abilities and have good health. That would be whether I am on the team or not. You seem to be the type that would pray for a nuclear attack at the US Open so all your competition is wiped out and you can make the world team.

Maybe you are that dense, but I certainly hope you realize how ridiculous your statement was and how ridiculous it is to keep doubling down on it. I am not your religious leader, but hopefully yours would say want your prayers to be more towards goodwill and kindness instead of wishing harm unto others, but that's just me. You do you as I can't wait for you to continue to double down on your asinine statements.

59 minutes ago, mspart said:

Else why have the #3 spot on the team?   Why do they have such a position on the team?  You tell me.

mspart

As stated above it is for national team training camps and overseas trips that USAW pays for fully or partially. Being on the national team is more of getting you some added training and competing opportunities. However, these days with RTCs  it isn't much of an incentive. Hence why in the past there have been some true 3rd at Final X that are not wrestled.

• Fire 2

4 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Maybe you follow a completely different religion or basis of religion, but yes my prayers would be for everyone on the team to compete to the highest of their abilities and have good health. That would be whether I am on the team or not. You seem to be the type that would pray for a nuclear attack at the US Open so all your competition is wiped out and you can make the world team.

This reminds me of when I was coaching college.  We had a returning NQ senior that wasn't having a great season.  Great kid, but had overachieved as a junior, and was having some weight and training issues as a senior.  At the end of the year, he was forced to wrestle off against a sophomore, who was really having a better season.  Sophomore won.  Senior left the room for a couple minutes and collected himself.  He came back in and started drilling with the guy who had just beaten him.  He did everything in his power to help that kid achieve his goals.  I see him every once in a while and always tell him what an impressive gesture that was and how much I respect him.

• Fire 3

the oldest was wrestling cory land in the finals of U20 at vegas...

feet to back for the tech and land's foot got caught in the mat...

totally destroyed his knee... from what i was told it is one of the worst knee injuries i have personally ever heard of...

love that kid... he and the younger were on a world team together couple of years and connected...

totally hated it went down like it did...

last week the older was up 4-0 in the first 30 seconds of his first match at senior trials and got injured and teched out...

had to be carried off the mat...

was absolutely devastated for about an hour on the trainers table...

now the race is to saee if we can get him healthy enough to wrestle in the finals of U20 where he sits...

the kid who "should" meet him there is another personal friend...

injuries happen all the time in every sport and it is always a threat...

to "hope" an injury happens to any competitor for any reason to claim any spot is about the lowest thing a competitor/coach/"fan" can even contemplate...

• Fire 2
  • Stalling 1

Here is what I have...

- WFS -
50 KG - Alyssa Lampe VS Erin Golston
53 KG – Samara Chavez VS Felicity Taylor
57 KG - Alexandra Hedrick VS Amanda Martinez
59 KG - Maya Nelson VS Brenda Reyna
72 KG – Rose Cassioppi VS Brooklyn Hays
76 KG – Dymond Guilford VS Kylie Welker

- GR -
60 KG - Randon Miranda VS Dylan Koontz
63 KG - Sammy Jones VS Dylan Gregerson
72 KG - Noah Wachsmuth VS Michael Hooker
77 KG - Payton Jacobson VS RaVaughn Perkins
82 KG - Ben Provisor VS Barrett Stanghill
130 KG - Donny Longendyke VS Brandon Metz

- MFS -
57 KG - Nick Suriano VS Jakob Camacho
61 KG - Daton Fix VS Austin DeSanto
65 KG – Joseph McKenna VS Matthew Kolodzik
70 KG – Sam Sasso VS Alec Pantaleo
74 KG – Vincenzo Joseph VS Keegan O’Toole
79 KG – Alex Dieringer VS David McFadden
92 KG - Kollin Moore VS Nathan Jackson

These are IF these ladies and gents show.  I don't actually think Suriano, Fix, Joseph, or Moore will show for MFS, for example.

Untitled.png.b445674eab5d894a7e3dbfb5e0743772.png

1 hour ago, LJB said:

the oldest was wrestling cory land in the finals of U20 at vegas...

feet to back for the tech and land's foot got caught in the mat...

totally destroyed his knee... from what i was told it is one of the worst knee injuries i have personally ever heard of...

love that kid... he and the younger were on a world team together couple of years and connected...

totally hated it went down like it did...

last week the older was up 4-0 in the first 30 seconds of his first match at senior trials and got injured and teched out...

had to be carried off the mat...

was absolutely devastated for about an hour on the trainers table...

now the race is to see if we can get him healthy enough to wrestle in the finals of U20 where he sits...

the kid who "should" meet him there is another personal friend...

injuries happen all the time in every sport and it is always a threat...

to "hope" an injury happens to any competitor for any reason to claim any spot is about the lowest thing a competitor/coach/"fan" can even contemplate...

I hope he recovers well and quickly.

Untitled.png.b445674eab5d894a7e3dbfb5e0743772.png

13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I hope he recovers well and quickly.

thank you, brother...

3hrs a day on the road and for PT till we leave for ohio...

he's wrestling no matter what because he is a true psycho, but, still remains to be seen how effective he will be... just had his first light go this morning with the younger to test it a little...

after trials an MRI to see the real extent of the damage... don't even want to know right now...

Praying Election Day GIF by Creative Courage

point remains, injuries happen to everyone no matter how hard we try to prevent them and no one should necessarily feel bad about them during the normal flow of competition...

but...

to wish them on anyone is the absolute scummiest of behaviors...

• Fire 1

20 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Here is what I have...

- GR -
60 KG - Randon Miranda VS Dylan Koontz
63 KG - Sammy Jones VS Dylan Gregerson
72 KG - Noah Wachsmuth VS Michael Hooker
77 KG - Payton Jacobson VS RaVaughn Perkins
82 KG - Ben Provisor VS Barrett Stanghill
130 KG - Donny Longendyke VS Brandon Metz

randon should make very light work in his match...

payton should handle his business, but, that maybe more heart than head...

the rest i am in agreement...

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

This reminds me of when I was coaching college.  We had a returning NQ senior that wasn't having a great season.  Great kid, but had overachieved as a junior, and was having some weight and training issues as a senior.  At the end of the year, he was forced to wrestle off against a sophomore, who was really having a better season.  Sophomore won.  Senior left the room for a couple minutes and collected himself.  He came back in and started drilling with the guy who had just beaten him.  He did everything in his power to help that kid achieve his goals.  I see him every once in a while and always tell him what an impressive gesture that was and how much I respect him.

Shades of Dave Schultz right there.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Here is what I have...

- WFS -
50 KG - Alyssa Lampe VS Erin Golston
53 KG – Samara Chavez VS Felicity Taylor
57 KG - Alexandra Hedrick VS Amanda Martinez
59 KG - Maya Nelson VS Brenda Reyna
72 KG – Rose Cassioppi VS Brooklyn Hays
76 KG – Dymond Guilford VS Kylie Welker

I agree, except for 57s.
Hedrick's a more competent and strategic wrestler.