Jeopardy question

Here in rural NYS and Pa,  "Take their Guns" is #1.  "Limit the # of Bullets in their Magazines" would be #2.  "Any Woman in Power" would be #3.  "Furriners" probably tied with "Educated People" for #4.  We have some enlightened Cats around here.  I can only imagine what some other parts of the country are like.  (Bama, Goow-ga, Tinisee...)

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

Saw that one live.   Obviously non-exhaustive list as there aren't enough pixels in the universe to display them all.   4 was "Own Shadow"

I was wondering if you might give us a list of things that scare liberals. Thanks

White supremacists in the government.

Defaulting on the debt.

The next GOP president pulling out of NATO to let Russia ravage Europe.

The abandonment of science and education.

Catholic priests molesting children.

Mass shootings of school children.

The collapse of the earth's ecosystems.

Unjustified police killings.

The rise of fascism on the right.

Chinese hegemony in Asia.

20 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

With all do respect I believe its your turn. 

OK.  I'll do a couple,  then you go.

1) 4 more years of the Orange Imbicile and his Nepotism Squad
2) Non-technical people structuring Science education to fit the Conservative Agenda.  Earth 6000 years old, et al.

5 hours ago, Paul158 said:

I was wondering if you might give us a list of things that scare liberals. Thanks

Truth 

Democracy

Decency

Virtue

just the first ones that popped up.  

and whistleblowers 

Edited by Offthemat
  • Fire 1

18 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

White supremacists in the government.

Defaulting on the debt.

The next GOP president pulling out of NATO to let Russia ravage Europe.

The abandonment of science and education.

Catholic priests molesting children.

Mass shootings of school children.

The collapse of the earth's ecosystems.

Unjustified police killings.

The rise of fascism on the right.

Chinese hegemony in Asia.

lmfao.

good lord, you're further gone than i thought.

why don't you just say "me and my friends are enlightened and virtuous. you other heathens are evil and debased."

• Fire 1

Snow removal businesses are very real.

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

lmfao.

why don't you just say "me and my friends are enlightened and virtuous. you other heathens are evil and debased."

or just...

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

4 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

lmfao.

I gave actual issues of concern.

See Offthemat's post above mine for your criteria, bub.

yeah. all fucking delusional lefty nonsense.

'the rise in fascism' lmfao.

'the abandonment of science' lol. like what, the efficacy of the vaccine? or climate change? or electric cars? or basic understanding of the very simple concept of human genders? 

• Fire 1

Snow removal businesses are very real.

On 5/27/2023 at 9:15 AM, BerniePragle said:

Here in rural NYS and Pa,  "Take their Guns" is #1.  "Limit the # of Bullets in their Magazines" would be #2.  "Any Woman in Power" would be #3.  "Furriners" probably tied with "Educated People" for #4.  We have some enlightened Cats around here.  I can only imagine what some other parts of the country are like.  (Bama, Goow-ga, Tinisee...)

I have to say, the Mayor of NYC does not seem to be a fan of all the furriners.   And for that matter, neither is the mayor of WASH DC or Chicago.   Funny that.

mspart

On 5/27/2023 at 10:35 AM, Mike Parrish said:

White supremacists in the government.   Would you like to elaborate where you see this as a problem?

Defaulting on the debt.  This laughable.  Liberals are screaming at the little stop is spending agreed to by Biden.

The next GOP president pulling out of NATO to let Russia ravage Europe.  Yeah right.   You have a D pres that let Russian ravage Ukraine.  

The abandonment of science and education.   Correct.   Men are women and women are men just as an example.  🙄

Catholic priests molesting children.   No concern for the sterilizing of minors in the name of transexual acceptance.   The whole issue in FL is about grooming minors to move towards this and demand gender assignment surgery.   Where gender assignment surgery is being curtailed for minors, who is protesting?  It is the liberals.  This is a funny paradox.   Anger at priests sexualizing children but complete acceptance of doctors permanently altering otherwise healthy young people and sexualizing them and molesting them.   The priests doing it is a grave evil.   The government allowing it to happen under the LGBT banner is a grave evil. 

Mass shootings of school children.  I agree this is a concern and a coherent policy needs to be enacted. 

The collapse of the earth's ecosystems.  So what are you going to do about this?  Stop China and India from burning coal?

Unjustified police killings.  Well, when you can't even have a debate on whether it was justified or not, it is a moot point.   And a very small one at that.  Or are you talking about police that are killed without justification?

The rise of fascism on the right.   Yeah right.   You should be  more concerned about the rise of fascism on the left.  The "my way or shutup" mentality of the left is the real fascism as realized by Antifa which is fascist.   Radically so. 

Chinese hegemony in Asia.   And what are you (liberals) going to do about this other than foster the system which is currently being done?

I address some of these above in RED.  Most are ridiculous.

mspart

1 hour ago, mspart said:

I have to say, the Mayor of NYC does not seem to be a fan of all the furriners.   And for that matter, neither is the mayor of WASH DC or Chicago.   Funny that.

mspart

I can't speak to those.  I don't live there.  I try to stick to what I actually know, have seen or heard.  With a healthy dose of interpolation now and then.  When I don't have a lot to go on, I employ Scott Adams'  "What is more likely“ test.

Well, these mayors are on the record decrying the influx of illegal aliens into their communities.   Not too hard to research.   In fact the mayor of NYC is busing them to other places in NY that don't really want them.  The problem with that is NYC is a sanctuary city and has opened their arms.   But the arms apparently aren't wide open. 

mspart

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, mspart said:

Well, these mayors are on the record decrying the influx of illegal aliens into their communities.   Not too hard to research.   In fact the mayor of NYC is busing them to other places in NY that don't really want them.  The problem with that is NYC is a sanctuary city and has opened their arms.   But the arms apparently aren't wide open. 

mspart

Obviously that word doesn't mean the same thing to you as it does to me.  In fact, it's safe to say that my professors 50 +/- years ago would laugh at today's generally accepted definition.  Today's definition is to simply find some information somewhere on the internet that agrees with one's preconceived notion of something.  We used to call that... "Draw the curve, then plot the data."
I'm not saying you're wrong about this, just that I won't waste my time "researching" things like this.  If you're interested, here's a very quick refresher course on research, and primary and secondary sources.  This is Science based, but is a good reminder of what the word research should mean to all of us.
https://library.albany.edu/infolit/resource/prisci

• Fire 2