peanut

JB v. Marsteller at Final X  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Burroughs v. Marsteller at Final X

• Burroughs in two
    • Burroughs in three
    • Marsteller in two
    • Marsteller in three

Marsteller will get a rematch against Burroughs at Final X on June 10. Last year Burroughs beat Marsteller two matches to one (4-0, 2-2, 5-0).

Who do you think will win this time around, and in how many matches?

I love Burroughs, but dude is about to turn 35, and Marsteller is tough. Makes me nervous.

Should be a fun one!

Edited by peanut
  • Fire 2

• peanut changed the title to Poll: Burroughs v. Marsteller at Final X
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

That singlet didn't grab itself.

True but no one saw it, it had nothing to do with the outcome, was a rather weak call by the athlete after the match.  I'd been fine with it if the ref or judge or coach saw it and called it when it happened.

• Fire 1

43 minutes ago, ionel said:

True but no one saw it, it had nothing to do with the outcome, was a rather weak call by the athlete after the match.  I'd been fine with it if the ref or judge or coach saw it and called it when it happened.

I agree that it probably had little impact on the action, but I am perfectly fine with the athlete calling attention to it. He felt it and it was confirmed to very clearly have happened, so it is reasonable to say he felt impeded by it (it impacted the action). And if they had not awarded the point after seeing the very clear pull, that would have been the travesty.

• Fire 1

We all knew the singlet pull call was home cooking, for sure. But we also know you have to kill the king to take the crown, too.

Warranted call. Jordan’s a coach and an athlete who’s been on the short end of political reffing for his whole wrestling life - I’m alright with him getting that point literally at home.

I think Jordan still wrestling at this level does so much for the sport, so I’m glad he’s still here and fighting for criteria wins instead of sitting. I also think Chance was a definitively better wrestler this season, and I’m excited for him to get a bit of the glow after the road he’s had to get back to this level of competition.

• Fire 2

3 hours ago, ionel said:

They must have seen it with a different camera angle on video review.

5 minutes ago, Fadzaev2 said:

They must have seen it with a different camera angle on video review.

They showed three different angles in the arena where it was obvious. The last of the three was the best and the singlet was extended 6 to 8 inches away from Burroughs' leg. But, people have a hard time abandoning their hot take once they commit to it.

• Fire 1