Justin Ruiz interview...

LJB

https://www.fivepointmove.com/greco-wrestling-interviews/justin-ruiz-general-manager/

as the eternal optimist, i am once again keeping hope alive...

as always...

a big shout out to timmy hands... the only journalist in america even attempting to report on "the most participated, popular, and hyper-competitive style of wrestling on the planet" past a token result buried at the bottom of a page...

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

• Fire 1

Good interview. Glad he actually is upfront about addressing the.. tension and infighting going on in the Greco community. Ignoring it, and acting like everything is normal.. while it caused massive issues so close to a world championship the other year. 

I agree about his point that the older generation “had” to make do with less coaching and support, which makes them believe doing it is something that can continue to be done. But after a certain point that attitude some of the older generation has just comes across as petulant adolescence… Don’t complain about wanting more coaching and support. Then say “nah we don’t need it cause we is so tough and special”. 
More quality coaching and stability that lets the athletes just focus on training will lead to more results. It’s not complicated. 

Overall I like what I saw and good interview. Hopefully Greco will sort out its drama 

• Fire 1

my own personal infighting with some of heads of greco guys has eased up (justin was never a part of this)...

have noticed a shift in the last month or so... seems like attitudes have eased up... mine included...

10 minutes ago, LJB said:

my own personal infighting with some of heads of greco guys has eased up (justin was never a part of this)...

have noticed a shift in the last month or so... seems like attitudes have eased up... mine included...

Actually looking to address it rather than ignoring or pretending it made everyone “tougher” like some were.. will do that. 

Losing guys like mayab probably didn’t help the situation 

1 minute ago, Formally140 said:

Actually looking to address it rather than ignoring or pretending it made everyone “tougher” like some were.. will do that. 

Losing guys like mayab probably didn’t help the situation 

i loved mayabb as a person...

but...

i did not personally notice a difference in anything after he moved on... 

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

i loved mayabb as a person...

but...

i did not personally notice a difference in anything after he moved on... 

everything I saw him working on, or rather what I believe he was doing. was stuff that was going to take time to beat fruit

6 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

everything I saw him working on, or rather what I believe he was doing. was stuff that was going to take time to beat fruit

for sure...

he was not part of the problem at all, but, rather another casualty of the bigger problem which is the higher "leadership" of USAW ignoring greco and possibly actively working against US greco...

9 minutes ago, LJB said:

for sure...

he was not part of the problem at all, but, rather another casualty of the bigger problem which is the higher "leadership" of USAW ignoring greco and possibly actively working against US greco...

I don’t think it’s “active”.. just doing the not giving any resources or attention, then when the results are subpar, victim blame and say that it’s their fault they aren’t earning the right for more support.

I can’t say anything other than I’ve seen it before 

Just now, Formally140 said:

I don’t think it’s “active”.. just doing the not giving any resources or attention, then when the results are subpar, victim blame and say that it’s their fault they aren’t earning the right for more support.

I can’t say anything other than I’ve seen it before 

if they were to give more resources it might affect their own compensation...

hiring some just to justify releasing others...

hiring in bad faith...

allowing some to openly bad mouth others within the program with no repercussions or accountability...

etc...

etc...

etc...

feels "active" to someone who sees the world like i do...

8 minutes ago, LJB said:

if they were to give more resources it might affect their own compensation...

hiring some just to justify releasing others...

hiring in bad faith...

allowing some to openly bad mouth others within the program with no repercussions or accountability...

etc...

etc...

etc...

feels "active" to someone who sees the world like i do...

Ah, hence you saying possibly. I appreciate understatement 

• Fire 1