Penn State 125 this year

Robbie Howard (if healthy) would be the starter.  The problem is he's yet to be healthy a full season at Penn State.  He has chronic shoulder injuries which seem to only get worse over time.  At his best he is capable of being a lower AA level guy.  He did take out Malik Heinselman at NCAAs the last time he was there.

Gary Steen - 2x PA state champ, tries super hard but seems undersized.  He's had a few years in the PSU room now so I have a hard time seeing him making a jump to a .500 level guy.

Kurt McHenry - I remember him being a top level recruit who was neck and neck with Heinselman in high school.  I think he had (and maybe still has) the same issue as Heinselman as not being big enough for 125.  Hard to see him being a solid upgrade over Gary Steen even.

I think Penn State needs someone else in the mix...a healthy, full-sized 125 pounder.  Given the current room, a low level AA would have to be a favorite at being Penn State's starter at 125 this year.  Any ideas?

On 5/30/2023 at 12:33 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Robbie Howard (if healthy) would be the starter.  The problem is he's yet to be healthy a full season at Penn State.  He has chronic shoulder injuries which seem to only get worse over time.  At his best he is capable of being a lower AA level guy.  He did take out Malik Heinselman at NCAAs the last time he was there.

Gary Steen - 2x PA state champ, tries super hard but seems undersized.  He's had a few years in the PSU room now so I have a hard time seeing him making a jump to a .500 level guy.

Kurt McHenry - I remember him being a top level recruit who was neck and neck with Heinselman in high school.  I think he had (and maybe still has) the same issue as Heinselman as not being big enough for 125.  Hard to see him being a solid upgrade over Gary Steen even.

I think Penn State needs someone else in the mix...a healthy, full-sized 125 pounder.  Given the current room, a low level AA would have to be a favorite at being Penn State's starter at 125 this year.  Any ideas?

Luke Lilledahl is coming. And Hell’s coming with him. 

• Fire 1