Vito says will be wrestling NCAAs for ‘23-‘24

Dark Energy

7 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

On Bashamania pod cast.  No Olympic redshirt - he recognizes he is too old for college - needs to finish.  

No pure focus on freestyle and ending folkstyle career.

133?  Or shift to 125 given Olympic weight?

Clear favorite for either weight.

Cornell has Greg Diakomihalis and Brett Ungar at 125.  And, it appears, Vito's brother at 133!

4 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

It may be a foreign concept to you, but some people think beyond themselves when they choose their path.

bold strategy, cotton...

i would not recommend any pro athlete to make that mistake...

53 minutes ago, LJB said:

disappointing...

he has nothing else to prove in the stall fest...

53 points in 5 matches in the NCAA....11 on Fix...10 on RBY.... not convinced that's a stall fest. 

• Fire 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

53 points in 5 matches in the NCAA....11 on Fix...10 on RBY.... not convinced that's a stall fest. 

vito does not employ the tactics that are promoted by the rule set...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

vito does not employ the tactics that are promoted by the rule set...

Which is why he is good for the fans and college wrestling. 

Having something to prove is not necessarily the deciding factor. NIL deals can have a pretty good influence on decision making. Especially deals that may allow you to train into the future towards gold medals. 

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Which is why he is good for the fans and college wrestling. 

Having something to prove is not necessarily the deciding factor. NIL deals can have a pretty good influence on decision making. Especially deals that may allow you to train into the future towards gold medals. 

i find it hard to fathom that NIL deals would be more lucrative for a college athlete as opposed to deals that could be made for a full time professional senior level athlete...

but, whatever...

ultimately it is his decision and his alone...

i hope it works out for him...

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, LJB said:

i find it hard to fathom that NIL deals would be more lucrative for a college athlete as opposed to deals that could be made for a full time professional senior level athlete..

My guess is it’s now the complete opposite - much more money available for a college wrestler than a senior level wrestler. A senior athlete has his own fans. A college wrestler has his own fans and the fans of the college (and its benefactors). More fans = more brand exposure = more money. 

Just now, DJT said:

My guess is it’s now the complete opposite - much more money available for a college wrestler than a senior level wrestler. A senior athlete has his own fans. A college wrestler has his own fans and the fans of the college (and its benefactors). More fans = more brand exposure = more money. 

love and hip hop smh GIF by VH1

8 minutes ago, LJB said:

love and hip hop smh GIF by VH1

C’mon, your post could be read either way.

”I would’ve never imagined a time when college wrestlers could make more money than full-time professional senior level athletes.”

vs.

”I can’t imagine college wrestlers could make more money than full-time professional senior level athletes.”

4 minutes ago, DJT said:

C’mon, your post could be read either way.

”I would’ve never imagined a time when college wrestlers could make more money than full-time professional senior level athletes.”

vs.

”I can’t imagine college wrestlers could make more money than full-time professional senior level athletes.”

it 'aint 1972 anymore...

1 hour ago, DJT said:

There seem to be more donors for a college program than senior level. The known concern has been that donors are giving more toward NIL or transferring their giving to NIL rather than the general sports budget. 

• Fire 2

On 6/1/2023 at 7:47 AM, LJB said:

i find it hard to fathom that NIL deals would be more lucrative for a college athlete as opposed to deals that could be made for a full time professional senior level athlete...

but, whatever...

ultimately it is his decision and his alone...

i hope it works out for him...

Collegiate wrestling gets a lot more support from fans then Freestyle does. NIL support is there.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Haven’t plenty of guys had success at the Olympics immediately following an NCAA season?  As long as he’s not wrestling through injuries folkstyle is still good training for freestyle.  Plus I’m sure he’ll be wrestling plenty of freestyle at RTC practices anyway.