Roster Accuracy Question

I am a college wrestling fan--more than a casual fan, but perhaps not as expert/hardcore as the folks on here. 

My question(s) are: 

1) with all the transfers and commitment flips, etc., where is the best place to check out roster lists and starter projections? 

2) I was pointed to WrestleStat, but was curious whether folks think those projections are solid and kept up to date well? 

3) I mostly follow the Big 10 on BTN, so similar to the thread asking expert fans of their teams to preview their season, I would love to see expert Big 10 fans provide lineup projections?

Intermat and Flo have done a decent job of allowing me to follow which Big Ten wrestlers have transferred out or transferred in and the commitment lists are easy to follow--but I'd like to see expert fans' thoughts on how all this movement shakes out in the lineup predictions/projections--knowing of course the ultimate outcome will be shaped by the competition in the room this fall......

6 minutes ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

I am a college wrestling fan--more than a casual fan, but perhaps not as expert/hardcore as the folks on here. 

My question(s) are: 

1) with all the transfers and commitment flips, etc., where is the best place to check out roster lists and starter projections? 

2) I was pointed to WrestleStat, but was curious whether folks think those projections are solid and kept up to date well? 

3) I mostly follow the Big 10 on BTN, so similar to the thread asking expert fans of their teams to preview their season, I would love to see expert Big 10 fans provide lineup projections?

Intermat and Flo have done a decent job of allowing me to follow which Big Ten wrestlers have transferred out or transferred in and the commitment lists are easy to follow--but I'd like to see expert fans' thoughts on how all this movement shakes out in the lineup predictions/projections--knowing of course the ultimate outcome will be shaped by the competition in the room this fall......

While you will have to tweak your expectations a bit on the word 'expert' a decent thread to check out might be:

A few of our resident Keyboard  Warriors chime in in a more-or-less civil manner there.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

21 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

While you will have to tweak your expectations a bit on the word 'expert' a decent thread to check out might be:

A few of our resident Keyboard  Warriors chime in in a more-or-less civil manner there.

OK that got me more than half of the teams--still interested to see the rest of them which would be:

Purdue

Nebraska

Indiana

Northwestern

Rutgers

Maryland

12 minutes ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

OK that got me more than half of the teams--still interested to see the rest of them which would be:

Purdue

Nebraska

Indiana

Northwestern

Rutgers

Maryland

some recent discussion on Maryland

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

Purdue

Nebraska

Indiana

Northwestern

Rutgers

Maryland

Per @flyingcement in...

125: Dean Peterson

133: Dylan Shawver

141: Mitch Moore / Olivieri RS

149: Jacob Butler

157: Tony White / Clark RS

165: Luke Gayer

174: Jackson Turley

184: Brian Soldano

197: Jon Poznanski

285: Yaraslau Slavikouski

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Per @flyingcement in...

125: Dean Peterson

133: Dylan Shawver

141: Mitch Moore / Olivieri RS

149: Jacob Butler

157: Tony White / Clark RS

165: Luke Gayer

174: Jackson Turley

184: Brian Soldano

197: Jon Poznanski

285: Yaraslau Slavikouski

This was my guess but you could also see Connor O'Neill replace Gayer at 65

• Fire 1

23 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I'll take a crack at Purdue

125: Matt Ramos

133: Jacob Macatangay

141: Dustin Norris

149: Marcos Polanco

157: Kade Law

165: Stoney Buell

174: James Rowley

184: Joey Milano

197: Hayden Flipovich (or Thomas Penola if he returns)

285: Hayden Copass

Joey Blaze might be a think at 165.  I think Buell holds him off and he redshirts, though.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Joey Blaze might be a think at 165.  I think Buell holds him off and he redshirts, though.

That is the nice little nugget I am looking for from the team experts.  I would have guessed Blaze to beat Stoney.  Either way—those are good problems to have with those two battling in the room for years to come. Nice young group forming there for Purdue—Norris, Clark, Blaze, Buell, Rowley, etc.

• Fire 1

16 hours ago, nhs67 said:

How about we hear from @Husker_Du on the Huskers?

Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears Nebraska is pretty straightforward just looking at WrestleStat.  Maybe the VanDee kid from PA can make it interesting at 133?

That leaves just Indiana and Northwestern and I know that they have question marks.  Don't leave me hanging gents....

14 hours ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears Nebraska is pretty straightforward just looking at WrestleStat.  Maybe the VanDee kid from PA can make it interesting at 133?

That leaves just Indiana and Northwestern and I know that they have question marks.  Don't leave me hanging gents....

Check out indianamat.com 's college forum for Indiana and Purdue analysis.

• Fire 1

On 6/1/2023 at 12:05 PM, Hillbilly Jim said:

My question(s) are: 

Wrestlestat updates high profile transfers the day of. 
Some of the projected scoring I don’t agree with because they have incoming freshmen rated too low. 
by mid-season that’s usually cleared up though. 

Northwestern, sadly, will be bad to terrible (losing three AA's will do that.

125 Patrick Adams, the kid who transferred from Buffalo (does not look like a competitive B10 wrestler).

133 who knows, no one on the roster fits

141 Tal-Shahar

149 ?? maybe Trevor Chumbley drops down 

157 Maxx Mayfield if Chumbley drops, or Vandenbush

165 Mayfield or David Ferrante

174 Troy Fisher or Joe Martin

184 Fisher or Martin

197 Evan Bates

HWT Unknown freshman Dirk Morley

...that was depressing.

• Stalling 1

6 minutes ago, Major Kong said:

125 Patrick Adams, the kid who transferred from Buffalo (does not look like a competitive B10 wrestler).

141 Tal-Shahar

184 Fisher or Martin

197 Evan Bates

...that was depressing.

Can Storniolo squeeze a couple AA’s outta that lineup?

2 hours ago, Major Kong said:

141 Tal-Shahar

184 Fisher or Martin

197 Evan Bates

...that was depressing.

OUCH.  They did get a nice recruit from 2024 class in Dillion Johnson though....

Edited by Hillbilly Jim
added comment