Twitter is better

jross

Toxic members and BS news companies are quitting, the bias is balancing, activity is up, and I can see tweets there were suppressed before.  

Trump's account was reinstated.  I think about good character often. However, I cannot help to be giddy for meltdowns in 5, 4, 3, 2, ...

everyone complaining about twitter is out of their minds. it's lunacy. numerous people that quit (that had no outward facing roles) have issued 'statements'. lol. 

twitter never figured out how to turn a profit and were busting at the seams in salaries. way over staffed. 

idk if elon will figure out how get into the black with it, but changes certainly had to be made. 

as far as the 'free speech' thing....gimme a break. the left wants censorship to reduce pushback on their narrative. end of story. 

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

Snow removal businesses are very real.

This seemed like a terribly short-sighted decision on paper, and that was before taking the revenue hit with lost ad services. Twitter cut 1 billion in salary expenses to reduce the bleeding.  However, the unemployment and severance payments will keep high expenses rolling longer.   If his goal was to balance the political bias, he is already winning.  It is hard to imagine him becoming profitable enough to earn his money back, but a stock market recovery in the four years post-2024 (assuming no Brandon), membership growth/fees, and increased ad service could do it.

image.png.09fbcf7765bd26f9cb3e9ff71c371ee9.png

It's amazing the about face of the Democratic party. The same party that championed the rights of everyone, even the most vile among us to have their opinion and share it freely, now with equal fervor wants to hear nothing from the other side of the isle. Dissent is now their enemy. We know what's best for your children, we know what's best for your health, we know how to run your finances. If you don't like it, your opinion is not wanted. That is the message I get, even just from people on this small message board. I don't even think they realize it.

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jross said:

I love it so long as its a '2-for-1' order to reduce bias.  Get rid of CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News.

No disagreement here.  I only listen to or read REPORTED news.  The old school,  journalistic formula of who,  what,  why,  when,  where,  and how.  THAT'S news. 

• Fire 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 hour ago, Nailbender said:

It's amazing the about face of the Democratic party. The same party that championed the rights of everyone, even the most vile among us to have their opinion and share it freely, now with equal fervor wants to hear nothing from the other side of the isle. Dissent is now their enemy. We know what's best for your children, we know what's best for your health, we know how to run your finances. If you don't like it, your opinion is not wanted. That is the message I get, even just from people on this small message board. I don't even think they realize it.

False.  If you're referring to Twitter bans,  people were ONLY banned because of violations of a PRIVATE COMPANY'S ( key overlooked pernt) misinformation policy.

In short,  if you continued to selll B.S., you got banned and you knew the rules beforehand. 

• Fire 2

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 hours ago, headshuck said:

Did Adam Schiff [insert 100 other peddlers of BS] get banned?

No,  because Twitter ONLY persecutes conservatives and Republicans.  Precisely why Marjorie, Lauren, HUD McVeigh Hannity, etc, etc still post on Twitter.

Turn off Tattletale "News," sir. Theys ain't lookin' out for ya.  😉

Edited by Ban Basketball

10 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

You GOP types do realize that the First Amendment doesn't apply to private companies, right?

Nope. You're asking the wrong folks,  friend!

1 minute ago, Mike Parrish said:

I'm trying to jump start a neuron or two.

Just say Hunter Biden, Pelosi, or AOC and you're sure to get a flutter.

3 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

I would have thought 'Golden Corral' or 'Applebys' might have worked...

😉

Actually, a funny,  pertinent story is in order. 

My wife and I were on vacation a few years back,  hungry as heck, so we stopped at a Golden Corral, right on the Ohio/ West Virginia border.  The place was busy,  and my wife, who tries to eat sensibly,  went to the salad bar twice throughout the meal. 

Neither of us couldn't help but notice that while I always had a line to wait in for more chow, she was always the ONLY person at the salad bar,  with nothing but the best items to pick from. 

Just now, Ban Basketball said:

Actually, a funny,  pertinent story is in order. 

My wife and I were on vacation a few years back,  hungry as heck, so we stopped at a Golden Corral, right on the Ohio/ West Virginia border.  The place was busy,  and my wife, who tries to eat sensibly,  went to the salad bar twice throughout the meal. 

Neither of us couldn't help but notice that while I always had a line to wait in for more chow, she was always the ONLY person at the salad bar,  with nothing but the best items to pick from. 

You could lose a finger if you got between someone's Rascal and the refilling of the butterfly shrimp tray.

3 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

You could lose a finger if you got between someone's Rascal and the refilling of the butterfly shrimp tray.

LOL!

Yes, as Iowans, or at least in our area of Iowa, we aren't very Golden Corral savvy.