Twitter is better

jross

14 hours ago, headshuck said:

Not lolololing over here. Pretty sure people around Musk know how to write and fix software.

Twitter is more than software, way more than that. The more complicated tasks are server related. The software is the easy part.

In a frantic maneuver to offset an underwhelming start to Ron DeSantis’s presidential campaign, billionaire Elon Musk has tasked his neural implant startup Neuralink with inserting charisma into DeSantis’s brain.

Thus far, the upstart tech company’s work has focused on brain-machine interfaces, with the goal of allowing quadriplegics to move artificial limbs or interact with computers. But the DeSantis Initiative, as company staff call it, is entirely different: an unprecedented effort to use brain chips to make a person less machine-like.

https://www.revolver.news/2023/05/elon-musk-uses-neuralink-to-insert-charisma-into-ron-desantis/

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Yeah, Bloomberg has a strong history of accurate valuations of privately held entities.

27 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Whoopsies, underestimated Space/X earlier today at 100 billion.

https://www.investopedia.com/spacex-valuation-7090893

You don't seem to understand the difference between determining a valuation and reporting on the determination of others.

3 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

Musk sold overvalued Tesla shares to buy overvalued Twitter. Not quite a wash but this isn't the self-own that some people wish it to be. 

But it might be more extreme than that. He sold Tesla shares at an average price 17.3% higher than today's close. Estimates of Twitter's equity value since he bought are between down 90%+ (bond market) and down 70% (Fidelity).

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

But it might be more extreme than that. He sold Tesla shares at an average price 17.3% higher than today's close. Estimates of Twitter's equity value since he bought are between down 90%+ (bond market) and down 70% (Fidelity).

Meh, the stock price of Tesla has gyrated over the last year and is currently almost double its 52 week low. The deal didn't look as bad in January and might not look as disastrous six months from now. The success of Twitter will likely depend on how nice Elon is willing to play with the US intelligence community and governments around the world. If his choice of CEO is any indication, it will be business as usual.

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

Uh oh...Mikey's head is probably going to explode as Elon is back to being the richest person in the world.Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Meh.

I don't begrudge him his wealth. His fanbois seem to think that his being rich is some sort of reason to worship him.

He's just a shitty person and I enjoy watching his Dunning Kruger work on him.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Meh.

I don't begrudge him his wealth. His fanbois seem to think that his being rich is some sort of reason to worship him.

He's just a shitty person and I enjoy watching his Dunning Kruger work on him.

I personally couldn't give two snits about him...he is a weirdo for sure, but most geniuses tend to be.  He definitely seems like a guy I would NOT enjoy hanging out with in a social setting...or any setting for that matter.