Twitter is better

jross

2 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Trump calls for the suspension of the Constitution on Truth Social.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/109449803240069864

What say you, conservatives?

Guy's an absolute madman.

Reminds me of Bill Orally years ago being told that something would be incongruent with the Constitution, and Orally replied (screaming in rage, of course), "don't be a pinhead, screw the Constitution!"

Edited by Ban Basketball

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

Musk paid a ridiculous amount of money to reveal a serious concern about the power and misuse of information control.  That misuse should be a bipartisan concern.  Beware that next time it could be used against you.

Edited by jross

2 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

You can’t call yourself a patriot and support someone calling for the termination of the Constitution.

His supporters believe the constitution reads " We the people have the right to bear arms. The end. - Herbie Hancock"

18 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Not a conservative--in the traditional sense, at least-- but Trump's disregard for the Constitution aligns with the sentiments of some Democratic Congress members as outlined in Twitter Files. It's just they're a little more circumspect (but props to Ro Khanna...).

Honestly hope Trump strokes out before 2024. And by that I don't mean a public act of self-gratification. Although that might serve the same purpose... 

22 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

BA994431-531C-46C2-8D2A-001FDC4D3285.thumb.jpeg.0c7a204d293ad11ff445d23dab10f956.jpeg

Trump doesn’t actually demand the constitution to be thrown away.  He is asking what should be done.  It’s very similar to what democrats asked in 2016.  It’s ambiguous what to do.  

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-happens-if-the-election-was-a-fraud-the-constitution-doesnt-say/amp/

6 hours ago, jross said:

Musk paid a ridiculous amount of money to reveal a serious concern about the power and misuse of information control.  That misuse should be a bipartisan concern.  Beware that next time it could be used against you.

Unless you actually like being deliberately lied to and/or deliberately misled, I'm not sure how anyone would be uncomfortable with a private company wanting to kick people off for misinforming people.  Is there some benefit to incorrect information?

I thought that I had entered the Twilight Zone when the 30 percenters didn't want someone in gubment keeping misinformation out of our gubment and society. 

• Fire 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

34 minutes ago, jross said:

BA994431-531C-46C2-8D2A-001FDC4D3285.thumb.jpeg.0c7a204d293ad11ff445d23dab10f956.jpeg

It’s very similar to what democrats asked in 2016.  

I don't vote for partisan offices,  so don't think I had a dog in the fight.

With that said,  there was actual evidence of election tampering and fraudulent activity in 2016.  None whatsoever in Deuce's case, yet here incites stupid people to violence over his delusion.  

7 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Unless you actually like being deliberately lied to and/or deliberately misled, I'm not sure how anyone would be uncomfortable with a private company wanting to kick people off for misinforming people.  Is there some benefit to incorrect information?

You answered this. 

4 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

incites stupid people

YAHTZEE!  Dummies do not look for facts.

26 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I thought that I had entered the Twilight Zone when the 30 percenters didn't want someone in gubment keeping misinformation out of our gubment and society. 

Deflect, deflect, deflect.  Biden's people influenced the employees at multiple big tech companies in an attempt to sway an election through one-sided information suppression, and Biden won.  What if Trump had won the election, and you discovered big tech was 99% Republican influence rather than Democratic influence?  

Edited by jross

5 minutes ago, jross said:

Deflect, deflect, deflect.  Biden's people influenced the employees at multiple big tech companies in an attempt to sway an election through one-sided information suppression, and Biden won.  What if Trump had won the election, and you discovered big tech was 99% Republican influence rather than Democratic influence?  

I try to stay reasonably informed,  and I can't say that I've heard one bit of that until now. 

Did this actually happen as you say,  or,  ironically, more misinformation that gets repeatedly drum beated to where it becomes "real" within irresponsible media sources?

I ask this genuinely.  I'd like to learn about it.

I'd add,  if this is true,  I'm more comfortable with that than I am a foreign, adversarial gubment trying to influence the outcome of our "elections."

Tattletale "News" and AM radio has made an industry out of trying to get people elected/"elected."

I go on an annual fishing trip with a childhood friend, a good man, and a Democrat (same guy :)).  Stuck in a cabin for four days, we discuss social issues and character and agree on the big picture on most issues.  In 2020 I was satisfied with Trump's policies but Trump was getting murdered on social media and in the news for his character.  This changed my opinion to where I disliked Trump enough to look past his policies and vote against his character.  As time passed, social media became so toxic from the left side, with what I guessed was banned/suppression from the right, that I grew sick of the "we the democrats."  My friend was not like this but my social media changed to this.  The entire mass of democrat complainers canceled out Trump's behavior, and I voted for more of Trump's policies and economy.   

image.png.1106c32fbec40b515132d165bc918d17.png

image.png.9ca4100a9eebf30ad2683d1bb9971341.png

image.png.f2b7cdf701e6d64f9ede10d6506cd9af.png

41 minutes ago, jross said:

You know the Steele dossier was fake and funded by the Clinton campaign, right?

Yes,  I'm very aware of that,  but that's not what you were saying. 

11 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Yes,  I'm very aware of that,  but that's not what you were saying. 

Cool.  I thought you might believe in the 2016 Russia Collusion hoax.  You didn't say that so there's how my own bias shows. 🙂

4 minutes ago, jross said:

Cool.  I thought you might believe in the 2016 Russia Collusion hoax.  You didn't say that so there's how my own bias shows. 🙂

There's no hoax about Trump colluding with Russia.
That's fairly clear.

The Steele dossier is 35 pages of raw intel that was likely contaminated with Russian disinfo.
A mix of truth and falsehoods.

• Haha 1

A leftist signaled this was already occurring.  The critics said BS.  The Twitter files confirm the serious risk of big tech influencing elections.

I am Dr. Robert Epstein, the proud father of five children, a resident of California, and
Senior Research Psychologist at the American Institute for Behavioral Research and
Technology. I love America and democracy, and I am also not a conservative. I have been
center/center-left my whole adult life. You’ll see in moment why this fact is relevant to my
testimony...

Data I’ve collected since 2016 show that Google displays content to the American public
that is biased in favor on one political party (Epstein & Williams, 2019) – a party I happen
to like, but that’s irrelevant. No private company should have either the right or the power
to manipulate large populations without their knowledge...

I reach out to diverse different audiences because the threats posed by Google, and, to a
lesser extent, Facebook, are so serious that I think everyone in the world needs to know
about them. I put my own political leanings aside when I report my data and concerns
because the problems these companies present eclipse personal politics. To put this another
way, I love humanity, my country, and democracy more than I love any particular party or
candidate. And democracy as originally conceived cannot survive Big Tech as currently
empowered...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jross said:

Trump doesn’t actually demand the constitution to be thrown away.  He is asking what should be done.

"A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution."

I must be missing the question mark.