Twitter is better

jross

4 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

LOL!

Yes, as Iowans, or at least in our area of Iowa, we aren't very Golden Corral savvy.

Appleby's is on a par with Chili's or other such like Shari's, Perkins, and that ilk.   None are bad.   Golden Corral, been ages since I visited that place.   There is only one left in the Seattle Tacoma area, closer to Tacoma.   None near me.

mspart

Edited by mspart

14 minutes ago, mspart said:

Appleby's is on a par with Chili's or other such like Shari's, Perkins, and that ilk.   None are bad.   Golden Corral, been ages since I visited that place.   There is only one left in the Seattle Tacoma area, closer to Tacoma.   None near me.

mspart

It's also a Ricki Bobby reference.

7 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Did he violate the Terms of Service?

There should be a badge that represents peddlers of misinformation.  After being caught in five Pinocchios, you get permabadged.  Better, every politician can start with the 'liars' badge and a few might earn a truthful badge over time.

Edited by jross
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, jross said:

There should be a badge that represents peddlers of misinformation.  After being caught in five Pinocchios, you get permabadged.  Every politician can start with the 'liars' badge and a few might earn a truthful badge over time.

Sounds like you should start your own social media company where you set the Terms of Service.

• Fire 1

It Isn’t Your Imagination: Twitter Treats Conservatives More Harshly Than Liberals (link Feb 2019 article)

• A June, 2018 Pew poll found that 72% of Americans believe that social media companies censor views they don’t like, with members of the public being four times more likely to report a belief that such institutions favor liberals over conservatives than the opposite.
  • Of 22 prominent, politically active individuals who are known to have been suspended since 2005 and who expressed a preference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, 21 supported Donald Trump.  Only one was a Clinton supporter

Are prominent Trump supporters more likely to break neutrally applied social media terms of service agreements than other voters? Perhaps. But are they four or more times as likely? That doesn’t seem credible.

Just now, jross said:

It Isn’t Your Imagination: Twitter Treats Conservatives More Harshly Than Liberals (link Feb 2019 article)

• A June, 2018 Pew poll found that 72% of Americans believe that social media companies censor views they don’t like, with members of the public being four times more likely to report a belief that such institutions favor liberals over conservatives than the opposite.
  • Of 22 prominent, politically active individuals who are known to have been suspended since 2005 and who expressed a preference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, 21 supported Donald Trump.  Only one was a Clinton supporter

Are prominent Trump supporters more likely to break neutrally applied social media terms of service agreements than other voters? Perhaps. But are they four or more times as likely? That doesn’t seem credible.

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/quillette-media-bias

Is it possible that the conservative behave poorly more often on Twitter and thus get more sanctions?
Is it possible that the content moderation on Twitter, which WAS algorithmic + reporting based, showed more reported acts for conservatives?
Is it possible that Trump supporters said more shitty things (racism, sexism, etc) than Clinton supporters did?

I think you'd need to look more closely at the survey construction to tell if any variable isolation was done at all.

1 hour ago, jross said:

Of course but not to that extent.  

Interesting - unroll this tweet

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1347524609701195777.html

It's clearly a figurative "call to arms". Liberals don't own guns, haha. 

1 hour ago, jross said:

No shit. Twitter sucks. 

• Fire 1

15 hours ago, jross said:

It's easily explainable though.

The ONLY rules governing what you are talking about is the spreading of mis/disinformation.  So, because conservatives were so much more riddled with mis/disinformation, deliberately fed to them by people who know better, and they are always so willing to parrot this mis/disinformation, of course they are going to be more prone to being censored.

Understand:  I'm an honest, fair man and if the same was happening to libruls regarding mis/disinformation, I'd be the first one to pernt it out, but it is an entire industry of mis/disinformation on AM radyo and Tattletale "News."

If you're still not sold, there was an analysis of the major networks to prove my pernt that I'll happily share.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

14 hours ago, headshuck said:

All media is brain poison.

Nah.  That's what cheap little banana republic dictators say.

Hence, "fake news."

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

Only a Linkedin user here.  I have yet to buy me one of them Twitters or Facebooks from Target, but I'm happy that I use neither.

i love twitter. 

how can you like message boards and not love what is essentially a world wide one?

it's like anything in life - read, research, and draw your own conclusions. 

imo half this 'disinformation' debate could be solved if everyone took a little accountability and figured things out for themselves instead of blaming....something/everything

• Fire 1

Snow removal businesses are very real.

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

The entire company was a bunch of wokesters that throttled down Red stuff and throttled down blue stuff, and kicked off whoever they wanted.

but, but, but dISinforMatIOn

They are a private company.
They can do as they please.

If you don't violate the Terms of Service, you don't generally get suspended.

I've lost about a dozen accounts on Twitter and my politics are on the left.

Edited by Mike Parrish