GOT MUSIC

MPhillips

2 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Cool.  I'm a campfire guitar listener.

That's my audience!  I wish I played piano, but it's hard to carry a piano around with ya.

I toot around on the harmonica too, but I'm certain it's pretty annoying. Congas as well.  

Ronald Reagan Says Shut Up Hippie" Art Board Print for Sale by tentho354 |  Redbubble

6 hours ago, MPhillips said:

The original Country Outlaw. The best ever.

There's a Hank IV just starting his career,  but if he's doing what he said he was going to do it's a sure career killer. 

Wants to just go by IV, with no reference to Hank or Williams at all. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

23 hours ago, BerniePragle said:

Cool.  I'm a campfire guitar listener.  If I could play any instrument, it would be a harmonica.  I always thought it would be cool to be able to just pull it out of your pocket and start playing wherever.  Alas, I have less than zero musical ability, although I enjoy listening.  I have the rhythm of Steve Martin in The Jerk.   I'm also fascinated by music's effect on people, and also by the Mathematics of Music.  Music Theory is the only mathematics that left me scratching my head.
Here's a little good advice from Roger Miller.  "You can't (xxx), but you can be happy if you've a mind to."

If it's any encouragement, I've always been a huge music fan and collector,  but only understood melody,  as you do too.

When I picked up the banjo I had to first learn music,  but it was easy,  and now I'm playing the instrument.  All that in less than two years. 

So,  there's hope. Steve Martin proved it too!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

14 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

There's a Hank IV just starting his career,  but if he's doing what he said he was going to do it's a sure career killer. 

Wants to just go by IV, with no reference to Hank or Williams at all. 

I was never much of a fan of Jr. and Hank III didn't do it for me either.

2 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

I was never much of a fan of Jr. and Hank III didn't do it for me either.

Not a Jr. fan at all,  but I've been on record for a while now that III is the most talented Williams.

I love him,  but true to how he is,  he walked away from it all several years ago and hasn't been seen since. 

Just now, Ban Basketball said:

I love him,  but true to how he is,  he walked away from it all several years ago and hasn't been seen since. 

That's what I liked about him as well. Not sure if "psychobilly" was a thing before him? I just couldn't get in to him.

15 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

That's what I liked about him as well. Not sure if "psychobilly" was a thing before him? I just couldn't get in to him.

Psychobilly was around even in the 80's. Even Dwight Yoakam would reference it,  but there was a good scene of it in those days. 

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Psychobilly was around even in the 80's. Even Dwight Yoakam would reference it,  but there was a good scene of it in those days. 

I think I'll drop a Hank III song on here tonight for all to hear.   🤠

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, BerniePragle said:

My ringtone.  It'll wake you up.

I'll bet that gets your attention.  I'm pretty good in the music trivia department and I can't say I've ever heard of them.  It's a great song though.  I love instrumentals. 

3 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Now there's a song I've heard.  I just didn't know who the original artist was.  During the years that I was mini touring with the Dead that song hadn't quite made it into their repertoire yet. Has the same Aiko Aiko groove when they do it. 

1 minute ago, Ban Basketball said:

Now there's a song I've heard.  I just didn't know who the original artist was.  During the years that I was mini touring with the Dead that song hadn't quite made it into their repertoire yet. Has the same Aiko Aiko groove when they do it. 

One of my favorite Brent era songs. 

4 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

One of my favorite Brent era songs. 

He was the last keyboard player when I stopped. Never saw Hornsby, etc.

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Brent was my favorite keyboard player. Him and that B3...

Bruce was never a member. He stuck around to help Vince out for a few shows. 

I was surprised to learn about Mydland's drug problems.  I think I always thought he was one of the clear headed members.  Not so much. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

It was pretty well known from my vantage.

Don't think I've mentioned,  but Weir's wife,  Tasha (I'm one who refuses to call her Natasha, which came into being when they got married), is an old friend of mine.  We grew up together in Rochester,  MN and we all hung out in one big group together.  I missed by one person being included in an old picture that was shown in the documentary,  The Other One.

• Fire 1