Recruiting & More

37 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

On other Boards they said Lilledahl was visiting Iowa State this weekend. What other schools is he interested in ? 

Also, what schools is the little Ferrari interested in? 

Which "little Ferrari" are you referring to? 

1 hour ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

On other Boards they said Lilledahl was visiting Iowa State this weekend. What other schools is he interested in ? 

On the Bader show in mid August he said he had not made any plans for visits and there were no top 5 at that point. I have not heard anything since.  Technically ISU could be his only one lined up so far. I’m guessing PSU will be on that list.  His main goal is to be an Olympic champ. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

16 hours ago, Idaho said:

On the Bader show in mid August he said he had not made any plans for visits and there were no top 5 at that point. I have not heard anything since.  Technically ISU could be his only one lined up so far. I’m guessing PSU will be on that list.  His main goal is to be an Olympic champ. 

Interested where he next visits then since he visited Iowa State 

7 hours ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Hopefully he comes back home to Mizzou. I would guess Luke and  Mack Mauger are all around the same weight. Could be a sign. 

Both appear to be 125 lifers at this point.... could change since they have some time. Someone better grow if they both end up at Mizzou. 

26 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Both appear to be 125 lifers at this point.... could change since they have some time. Someone better grow if they both end up at Mizzou. 

While Mauger is a solid recruit, I don't think he stops a team pursuing a guys like Luke. 

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

I agree with 125 assessment but things have a way of working out.  Iowa had several 125 studs at the same time (McDonough, Clark etc.) but they found a place.  Never have to much talent.

On 11/27/2022 at 9:49 PM, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Ferrari was listed on Rutgers site as a Rutgers recruit set up for Official visit

10 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

not from Luke himself but my hunch from being around him

OK State, PSU, Nebraska, Missou perhaps Michigan

tbh i didn't know ISU was in the mix

Is Iowa not in the mix ? I m curious with those school due to some of them already having recruits for 125 and 133.

OKST - Beric Jordan

PSU - Gibson, Davis

Nebraska - Kael, Alan Kholer

Michigan - Horwath, Lemley 

Missouri - Maurer, Seltzer

11 hours ago, Wrestej said:

I agree with 125 assessment but things have a way of working out.  Iowa had several 125 studs at the same time (McDonough, Clark etc.) but they found a place.  Never have to much talent.

I agree, I would love to have both of them. I’m sure Smith could find a way to get both of them into the lineup. 

2 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Is Iowa not in the mix ? I m curious with those school due to some of them already having recruits for 125 and 133.

OKST - Beric Jordan

PSU - Gibson, Davis

Zeke is at 133, doubtful Mack grows, but I could be wrong. Luke and Mack both lifers at 125 it seems. Maybe Zeke to 141 at some point and one of them to 133. It could work, I’m hopeful he stays home, but the opportunity to go to say Penn State would be hard to pass up. 

OKST - Beric Jordan
PSU - Gibson, Davis

Iowa also has plenty in the mix there with Ayala, Jesuroga and Schriever. Not sure why Iowa would make sense if those 5 don’t for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Zeke is at 133, doubtful Mack grows, but I could be wrong. Luke and Mack both lifers at 125 it seems. Maybe Zeke to 141 at some point and one of them to 133. It could work, I’m hopeful he stays home, but the opportunity to go to say Penn State would be hard to pass up. 

At those lower weights it’s hard to count on them staying there for long period of time.  Never know about growth spurts.  Especially while they are still in high school.  

• Fire 1

32 minutes ago, Wrestej said:

At those lower weights it’s hard to count on them staying there for long period of time.  Never know about growth spurts.  Especially while they are still in high school.  

"Growth spurts?"   When recruiting these guys you gotta look at the parents/genetics.  

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Yianni Diakomihalis (oldest):  141 as a freshman

Greg Diakomihalis (middle):  125 as a freshman

Elijah Diakomihalis (youngest):  189 as a freshman...in high school

Don't think those are the parents, thus no info on if full grown, when/age stop growing, also just a single (family) data point.

13 minutes ago, ionel said:

Don't think those are the parents, thus no info on if full grown, when/age stop growing, also just a single (family) data point.

The point was that looking at the parents/genetics in this case would tell you nothing about the kids.

you gotta look at the parents/genetics

1 minute ago, BigRedFan said:

The point was that looking at the parents/genetics in this case would tell you nothing about the kids.

Maybe yours, my point was looking at the parents/genetics tells you if kid is still growing.  Some stop growing Fr yr HS some keep growing thru Jr yr College etc. 

5 hours ago, ionel said:

"Growth spurts?"   When recruiting these guys you gotta look at the parents/genetics.  

What protocol do you use for that? Ask for their genetic test at the first home visit or wait until after they sign the NLI?