Anthony Cassar MMA Debut

nhs67

12 hours ago, nhs67 said:

holds a record of 3W-19L.

Still using bums in the fight bidness,  I see.

I'd hoped that had died since my boxing days.

• Haha 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

26 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Still using bums in the fight bidness,  I see.

I'd hoped that had died since my boxing days.

Nah, the only thing now is that everything is traceable.  Back in the day they could claim they were 25-1 and there weren't many ways to disprove it.  Now it is all digital.

• Fire 1

Untitled.png.b445674eab5d894a7e3dbfb5e0743772.png

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Nah, the only thing now is that everything is traceable.  Back in the day they could claim they were 25-1 and there weren't many ways to disprove it.  Now it is all digital.

Yeah, but they still use bums to build what people think are up and coming careers.

This has bum written all over it.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

You guys may be missing the pernt, in that, and only going by my days involved with boxing, a bum has/had one sole purpose:  be a fall guy for what many believe to be a big and up and coming fighter.

Dignifying it as anything more than that is missing the pernt, unless, of course, that has changed.

On 12/5/2022 at 7:14 PM, Ban Basketball said:

You guys may be missing the pernt, in that, and only going by my days involved with boxing, a bum has/had one sole purpose:  be a fall guy for what many believe to be a big and up and coming fighter.

Dignifying it as anything more than that is missing the pernt, unless, of course, that has changed.

Very little about fighting has much to do with dignity. As my dad always said - fighting is for cats, dogs, and a**holes. He was right, but I tried it anyway.

You're talking about a gray area... guys who are aren't good vs guys who are less good. That's hardly worth trying to sort out. 

At the end of the day, same thing for all of them. They help better guys move forward as they get beat. Sometimes strategically, sometimes for stats.

We mostly like winners. Nobody cares much about the losers. Zero glory there. But there are a lot more of the latter than the former.

On 12/2/2022 at 6:18 PM, nhs67 said:

They still exist and no one has a clue about them. You can find plenty of 15-0 terrible boxers that no one has ever heard of on boxrec. That's not their fault though, it's just the screwed up structure of pro boxing. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 8:14 PM, Ban Basketball said:

.....and the 3 guys he beat ?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, GaveModeva said:

Wow, it's exciting to hear that Ant man is making his MMA debut at Ikon 6! It'll be interesting to see how he performs in the heavyweight division against someone who has fought in lighter-weight classes before.

I hope he's been training hard and is fully prepared for the fight.
On another note, for those living in apartments, the best punching bag for apartment options is a freestanding bag. They're designed to be more stable and take up less space than hanging bags, making them a great choice for small living spaces. Just place a mat or rug underneath to prevent any floor damage. Keep up the great work, and best of luck to Antman in his MMA debut!