OSU @ CKLV

MPhillips

JD mentioned on FRL that Mendez nor Kharchla were wrestling at CKLV. Interesting. I suppose we'll see in a few hours.

Predictions(guesses) for OSU.

125 Malik 5th. Figueroa to win.

133 Mendez 4th or Bouzakis 6th or Koontz doesn't place.  Vitali to win.

141 D'Emilio 3rd. Crook to win.

149 Sasso Champ.

157 Paddy 5th. Robb to win.

165 Kharchla Champ or Hepner 7th. 

174 Smith 3rd. Mekhi to win.

184 Romero 3rd. Hidlay to win.

197 Hoffman 3rd. Sloan to win

285 Ordorff the Assassin 3rd. Parris to win.

Well boys @nhs67& @flyingcement how did I fare in your invite only predictions for CKLV?

125 Malik 5th. Figueroa to win. NAILED IT.

133 Mendez 4th or Bouzakis 6th or Koontz doesn't place. Vitali to win. NAILED IT.

141 D'Emilio 3rd. Crook to win. NOPE.

149 Sasso Champ. Got the champ. SASSO WINS.

157 Paddy 5th. Robb to win. Got the champ. ROBB WINS.

165 Kharchla Champ or Hepner 7th. NOPE.

174 Smith 3rd. Mekhi to win.  NOPE.

184 Romero 3rd. Hidlay to win. Got the champ. HIDLAY WINS. 

197 Hoffman 3rd. Sloan to win. NOPE.

285 Orndorff the Assassin 3rd. Parris to win. Got the champ. PARRIS WINS.

6 of 10 champs. 2 of 8 Buckeyes.

8/18 = 44.4%

I am going to be harsh and weight your tOSU score as double.

(6+2(2))/(10+2(8) = 38.4%

My 10th grade grandson is getting a higher score in his sophomore college Calc II class.

I jest, obviously.  This is one of those tournaments where good coaches make the proper adjustments and their gents go deeper. 

For examples: Sasso looked amazing.  D'Emilio looked good all things considering.  Kharchla and Smith got a feel for extremes and got that out of the way.  Romero got that Bolen loss out of the way - I had a feeling it was going to eventually happen... it won't happen again.  The tiers that Hoffman and Orndorff are in are crapshoots.  We know on their good days they can be the top of their tiers - this got the bad day out of the way for them.

• Fire 1

Untitled.png.b445674eab5d894a7e3dbfb5e0743772.png

Also, our little pick'em was sweet.  I think it made it a bit more fun that it was the quarters, with that tiebreaker criteria.  Perhaps we can try to do a bigger one for Midlands and/or the Scuffle?

It being 8-8 and coming down to criteria was pretty sweet.  It made the Kharchla loss bittersweet for me.

Greetings All,

With the release of the brackets today, revised thoughts for the semi-finals, finals, and 3rd place winners, as well as thoughts for the Michigan gents in this bracket...

Also... no Bullock at 197 for Michigan?  Yatooma?  Are you kidding me?

- 125 -

Semi-Finals: Figueroa over DeAugustino, Ramos over Kaylor

Finals: Ramos over Figueroa via Decision

3rd place: Heinselman

Thoughts: I think Figs shows everyone here that he does contend, just as much as Courtney would/will.  McHenry loses to him, then the grind of the backside will get to him that will show that he is just meant to be a 118lber.  I think 1-2 wins is peak for him here.

- 133 -

Semi-Finals: Arujau over Latona, Ragusin over McGee

Finals: Arujau over Ragusin via Decision

3rd place: McGee

Thoughts:  I think Ragusin is going to show here that he belongs in the conversation with Arujau for #3 in what will be a much closer bout than folks thought before this weekend.

- 141 -

Semi-Finals: Mattin over Jack, Cornella over D'Emilio

Finals: Mattin over via Cornella via Decision

3rd place: Carlson

Thoughts:  Mattin is a grinder and I think where he is most in danger is going to be Vasquez - if Vasquez gets past Hardy.  It is someone who will be able to out-quick and out-athlete him enough to where he can't get his grind on.  He is set up beautifully to miss those highly athletic 141lbers all the way through the finals.

- 149 -

Semi-Finals: Sasso over Thomas, Lamer over Millner

Finals: Sasso over Lamer via Decision

3rd place: Parco

Thoughts:  I really think this is going to be Lamer's coming out party and he will beat two gents folks consider high contenders en route to getting controlled in the finals.

- 157 -

Semi-Finals: Lewan over Coleman, Robb over Scott

Finals: Lwan over Robb via Decision

3rd place: Coleman

Thoughts:  I think Lewan could win 3-2/3-1 in every match through the finals.  I am more worried about a Coleman match than a Robb, tbh.  I think a healthy Coleman is as much of a contender for a NC as any 157lber in the Top 10.

- 165 -

Semi-Finals: Kharchla over Yant, Olguin over Formato

Finals: Kharchla over Olguin via Major

3rd place: Cook

Thoughts:  Mattin has Ramirez in the first round and I think he is going to try to throw the sink at him... and fail - unfortunately.  I do think that the bottom half of this bracket is very likely to ge tblown up.  Olguin and Formato are real threats to knock Ramirez off, and I think they will.

- 174 -

Semi-Finals: Smith over Lewis, Labriola over Walker

Finals: Smith over Labriola via Decision

3rd place: Lewis

Thoughts:  A lot of very physical, very tough gents here.  I think Walker shows he belongs right up there, though, in beating Conigliaro and Romero before dropping in the semi-finals and beating Foca in the consi-semis.  I think Smith balls out here.  He is hungry for that Lewis win and he got Labs last time out too.

- 184 -

Semi-Finals: Keckeisen over Munoz, Hidlay over Bolen

Finals: Hidlay over Keckeisen via Decision

3rd place: Romero

Thoughts:  I think Bolen gets Romero this time, but Finesilver beats him on the backside - then proceeds to lose to Romero for 3rd.

- 197 -

Semi-Finals: Sloan over Harvey, Trumble over Allred

Finals: Sloan over Trumble via Major

3rd place: Harvey

Thoughts:  I think this is the year we start seeing the Sloan we thought we would have a couple years ago and I think he wins this weight class convincingly.  Also... Yatooma?  Are you serious?  There is no way this guy is the best guy they have for 197 to put out there... when Bullock is still on the roster... what the actual deuce?

- 285 -

Semi-Finals: Davison over Schultz, Parris over Hendrickson

Finals: Parris over Davison via Pin

3rd place: Hendrickson

Thoughts:  I think Davison pulls off the dub against Schultz.  Just got me a feeling.  Of all the weights, this is the one where the 1-2 seems to be the most likely weight to happen... so it won't.  I don't see anyone on the bottom side capable of beating Parris.  We have seen Davison beat the elite of 285 before, albeit in freestyle (Cassioppi).  I think Schultz then forfeits out.

• Latest Rankings

• College Commitments

Logan Paradice

Colquitt County, Georgia
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Northern Iowa
    Projected Weight: 157

Carter Pearson

Southeast Polk, Iowa
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Iowa State