Kyle burwikk

jajensen09

14 minutes ago, Royalfan said:

Do you also have proof that his scholarship allocation remained the same etc?  No you do not.  You are making gross assumptions about the reasoning of them not signing it.

You appear to assume the worst intent based on available information and absent certain information.   With the same information, I choose to assume no ill intent.  I believe that's how we differ in our perspectives on this topic.

8 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Funny how some people are so sensitive about a quote.

I don't believe or think many, if any, who are the least bit informed, think a coach has "nothing to do with transfer eligibility" and that's why I excluded that part of your quote.  Same for medical redshirt eligibility.  They have to keep the records to support such claims.

That makes sense.... when you actually explain it. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

4 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

No.  They already said they are no longer commenting on it.   Probably details of a specific decision aren't something the broadcast.

They already said they supported Kyle's immediate eligibility.   How would saying more satiate the blood lust of the few.  Not worth their time.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Agree 100%.

But some seem to think stating one supports Kyle's immediate eligibility AND refusing to certify a form untruthfully are mutually exclusive positions.

That cohort would seem to largely consist of Nebraska fanatics, Bono detractors, and haters of the NCAA as a large bureaucracy.

Yes, a consortium of me, an Iowa fan from Florida (Bono's home state) who is much more likely to dislike Nebraska and Mark Manning than Wisconsin and Chris Bono, a guy named Idaho, and Jason Bryant (just to name a few) are all conspiring against Bono.

You mean Ben Askren ... the epitome of objective investigative reporting?

Where's Pat Mineo's or @Husker_Du's deep dive?

We have an article from Andy Hamilton, one of the preeminent journalists in this sport already posted in this forum.  We literally have @Jason Bryant, one of the most reputable and respected voices in wrestling media, in this thread who you and others have managed to conveniently sidestep quoting or addressing throughout this thread.

1) Incompetence.

2) They believe from how they understood what was said to them then, and it was true then only to be later clarified to have a later break-in date.

3) Too troll.

Except, when Bono said it on Twitter, that very same day Snyder responded with the full text.  You're being purposely obtuse.

3 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Unfortunately, it appears the coach isn't in a position to provide information (read records qualifying for an NPO) to his AD to allow his AD to truthfully certify the NPO.

I believe that's because none existed then and the timeline is important.  Kyle was in good standing and wasn't prevented from competing or practicing before he entered the portal late (based on being uninformed).

I don't believe the NCAA sees adding another wrestler at a weight as a qualifying event for an NPO.  There is generally more than one wrestler at a weight in the room, and there are new recruits every year.  That's just part of building a team.

And the portal window dates, created in the interest of increased team stability, doesn't seem to be going away.  Only the use of the NPO in the fashion that Kyle would want it used for him this semester seems to be going away.

Kyle released information publicly that didn't help his case.  Kyle might've benefited from having a better advocate and advice than he he appears to have had.

This post here is emblematic of your entire approach where you make broad assumptions but criticize people for doing the same, even though the context of the situation is much more favorable towards the opinion counter to your own.

2 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

No.  They already said they are no longer commenting on it.   Probably details of a specific decision aren't something they broadcast.

They already said they supported Kyle's immediate eligibility.   How would saying more satiate the blood lust of the few?  Not worth their time.

They said they wouldn't comment on it, and then about 1.5 months later, Chris Bono, a university employee of some import in this matter, Tweeted about it.  Disingenuously, obfuscating the issue to make it look like something was true when it wasn't.  GTFOH.

• Fire 3

3 hours ago, VakAttack said:

all conspiring against Bono.

Did not say anyone was conspiring.

article from Andy Hamilton

Didn't see any mention of NPO in that article.

This post here is emblematic of your entire approach

If you say so.  I guess when I found the NPO form and pointed out corresponding NCAA guidance that was emblematic of something else.

I said before I hope Kyle gets his eligibility.  I just don't think he will for plenty of objective reasons already stated.

I don't root for or against Wisconsin or Nebraska.

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Did not say anyone was conspiring.

Didn't see any mention of NPO in that article.

If you say so.  I guess when I found the NPO form and pointed out corresponding NCAA guidance that was emblematic of something else.

I said before I hope Kyle gets his eligibility.  I just don't think he will for plenty of objective reasons already stated.

I don't root for or against Wisconsin or Nebraska.

Again side-stepping @Jason Bryant's literal presence in this thread.

Also, read Hamitlon's article again if you didn't see a mention of the NPO.  It's discussed three times.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/10168119-nebraskas-burwick-stuck-in-eligibility-squabble-after-leaving-wisconsin

And again, you are, beyond all that, ignoring that Bono himself came out, 6 weeks after Wisconsin "wasn't going to comment any further" and super ***duck duck goose** commented by insinuating, not that Kyle Burwick didn't qualify for the NPO....he (falsley and, like a coward, without naming anybody related to this issue) said that NPO rules didn't apply to Burwick at all.  So, when given the opportunity to make the argument you're assuming is his reason, that BUrwick DID have an opportunity to participate and chose not to, he very obviously did NOT make that argument.  He instead tried to lie/mislead to everybody about what the rules were.  And you're just here whistling, assuming good faith on Bono's part.  Wonderful.

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Again side-stepping @Jason Bryant's literal presence in this thread.

Also, read Hamitlon's article again if you didn't see a mention of the NPO.  It's discussed three times.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/10168119-nebraskas-burwick-stuck-in-eligibility-squabble-after-leaving-wisconsin

And again, you are, beyond all that, ignoring that Bono himself came out, 6 weeks after Wisconsin "wasn't going to comment any further" and super ***duck duck goose** commented by insinuating, not that Kyle Burwick didn't qualify for the NPO....he (falsley and, like a coward, without naming anybody related to this issue) said that NPO rules didn't apply to Burwick at all.  So, when given the opportunity to make the argument you're assuming is his reason, that BUrwick DID have an opportunity to participate and chose not to, he very obviously did NOT make that argument.  He instead tried to lie/mislead to everybody about what the rules were.  And you're just here whistling, assuming good faith on Bono's part.  Wonderful.

Thanks for the reminder of that article.  It does include NPO mentions without showing what it actually requests be certified.

What did Jason Bryant add to what has transpired that explains the purpose and content of the NPO?  I will go back and try to see.

52 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

side-stepping @Jason Bryant's literal presence in this thread

Who is doing this?  I re-read Jason's post.  Was I supposed to object to something in it?  I agree with everything he wrote.  If he quoted me or replied to something I wrote, then I'd appreciate a heads up.  But I don't see where he did.

The NCAA could've ruled the lack of Wisconsin informing its athletes of the May 1 deadline was a circumstance they hadn't considered, and perhaps used that rationale to make Kyle immediately eligible.  It appears the NCAA chose not to.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

56 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

when given the opportunity to make the argument you're assuming is his reason, that BUrwick DID have an opportunity to participate and chose not to, he very obviously did NOT make that argument.  He instead tried to lie/mislead to everybody about what the rules were.

Tweets only go to a Twitter account's followers.  So it's a bit of hyperbole on your part to say he was trying to mislead everybody.  More likely he was trying to explain his thinking to his constituency.

If instead Bono made the statement publicly that Kyle didn't qualify for the NPO, would that increase or decrease Kyle's likelihood of becoming eligible this year?  Or would it be irrelevant?

If Bono didn't understand the NCAA guidelines then, and Wisconsin didn't know to inform its athletes of the May 1st deadline, would you expect a clear concise explanation from Bono? And doesn't his Tweet tend to reinforce Kyle's likely transfer waiver basis?

Bono could be incompetent where the rules are concerned or Bono could be crazy like a fox by putting that out there for future NCAA consideration.

But at this point we know the NPO is signed by the Wisconsin AD, so again it's really not about Bono now.  It's about what the NPO asks Wisconsin to certify.

48 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Do we know why?  Just the May 1st deadline?

We don't know why.  The actual content of that request or its rejection wasn't made public, to my knowledge.

I believe his waiver request was based on not being informed about the May 1st deadline.  But it could've also included arguments he was being replaced by Taylor Lamont.

Waiver request are typically granted for things like need to transfer to be closer home to sick family.  In other words an exigent circumstances that one couldn't anticipate before May 1.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

My point was one has to actively follow or search for it, unless someone they follow reTweets it.  So it isn't effective at reaching everybody and is of limited use in everybody finding it.

Bono has just north of 12K followers. The tweet in question has been viewed 51K times - that’s a pretty “public” statement.

Arguing the use case against a post on Twitter isn’t exactly helping your argument here. Unless there’s a padlock on your profile, it’s out there for the world to see.
  • Fire 2

Jason Bryant hasn't worked here since 2008. 

1 hour ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

My point was one has to actively follow or search for it, unless someone they follow reTweets it.  So it isn't effective at reaching everybody and is of limited use in everybody finding it.

No, they will also “suggest” pages or tweets based on various other factors.  Not to mention there are a lot of people that read twitter but don’t actually have an account 

8 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Jason I respect you tremendously for what you have done and given to the sport but you basing your opinion on this matter because of the number of tweets seems beneath you...you clearly don't like Bono...fine but come on dude...

You should re-read.... it was a response to someone saying the tweet was ineffective in reaching people -  he made the point that he has 12k followers and it was read 51k times. How is it beneath someone to point out a fact that a tweet reaches thousands of people? 

19 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Yes, a consortium of me, an Iowa fan from Florida (Bono's home state) who is much more likely to dislike Nebraska and Mark Manning than Wisconsin and Chris Bono, a guy named Idaho, and Jason Bryant (just to name a few) are all conspiring against Bono.

dumb-and-dumber-laxative-gif-3.gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MNRodent said:

Coach Manning speaks to this on the Bader show.

Mark Manning Weighs In On The Kyle Burwick Situation (flowrestling.org)

Manning gives some additional information and says that it is the compliance office that signs off or not on the NPO.

I think Manning was pretty disingenuous when he said thousands of kids enter the portal and no one loses eligibility. He is lumping in all the kids who transfer following the rules, graduate transfers, etc. into Kyle's situation which is inaccurate. He also says its just a form and it only takes 5 seconds to sign without talking about what the form actually is and makes it seem like everyone just signs NPO forms for every student athlete who transfers out of the window.  

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, MNRodent said:

Coach Manning speaks to this on the Bader show.

Mark Manning Weighs In On The Kyle Burwick Situation (flowrestling.org)

The best news is that there is still hope for Kyle, and Wisconsin's AD is still working with Nebraska's.

Good attempt to clarify some things by Bader.  Not so good that he didn't just ask Manning whether the form linked here was the NPO, what certifying item 1 means, and whether Manning thought Kyle's circumstances satisfied it.  He even could've asked whether the NCAA is getting rid of the NPO form in 2023.

Manning seemed to side-step the initial waiver request for an exemption, since the May 1 date was missed.  He seemed ill-informed about all sports having defined portal entry windows at the end of a sport's championship to ensure no loss of eligibility.

But maybe Manning isn't that familiar, because, as he stated, it's a responsibility of the AD compliance. That'd be understandable.

Bader probably should interview an NCAA compliance expert, if he really wants to know the purpose of the May 1 deadline and processes available to athletes who miss there open portal deadline.  Clearly the free-for-all Manning referenced was intended to be modestly reigned in.

If Wisconsin can convince themselves that item 1 of the NPO certification applies to the current moment versus the point in time they withdrew any scholarship from Kyle or his transfer came into effect, then I think they'll sign the NPO.

Sort if like what Bill Clinton said about the "what meaning of the word 'is' is."

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that's the interpretation the Nebraska AD is trying to convince the Wisconsin AD to take, knowing the Wisconsin AD has recognized it has some culpability in Kyle's dilemma.

https://music.amazon.de/podcasts/d80143c6-e479-4cd3-85cb-b04313960685/episodes/e2311a82-1c40-4dea-92e1-bd54a5e4f1e8/let's-talk-wrestling-talking-wrestling-with-kyle-burwick

Let's Talk Wrestling, a local Nebraska(?) wrestling podcast hosted by Kelby Bachman, with Kyle that's ~1.5 hours long.

Lots of talk of North Dakota wrestling early.  Then onto his preference for a NCAA dual championship.

About half way in the conversation is how he ended up at Wisconsin with Bono.

Gets to the transfer issue discussion around 55 minutes in, prefaced by the host with 'as much as you can divulge or are willing to.'