Kyle burwikk

jajensen09

On 1/18/2023 at 7:31 AM, scourge165 said:

Dude...are you following what's going on or what happened AT ALL?

On 1/18/2023 at 7:35 AM, scourge165 said:

Strange how he was still an active member of the team with no plans to transfer until they brought in Lamont...and then he transferred.

According to his own words, Kyle had planned to transfer after NCAAs and before Lamont was recruited.  He just didn't know about the new no later than portal entry date.

22 hours ago, D3UC157 said:

I heard the issue was getting Burwikkk to sign the waiver. Bono had ended practice with a “get out from bottom and we’re done”.

Some say, if it wasn’t for outside interference he may still be stuck with his head on the mat.

this would qualify as NPO correct, so it is Bono's fault for not signing.  🙄

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

According to his own words, Kyle had planned to transfer after NCAAs and before Lamont was recruited.  He just didn't know about the new no later than portal entry date.

Yes...that is what he said when he was at Nebraska and they were arguing to the NCAA that it was Wisconsin's fault for not informing him of the May 6th deadline to transfer. 

Edit-Which...they admitted they had failed to do. Still, athletes who are looking to transfer are generally doing things that would suggest they plan to move(like...move or leave the school you're at after the Winter Semester).

He was still at Madison, still enrolled, still in the room...until Lamont.

So why do YOU think if he was trying to get a waiver from the NCAA and he missed the window to transfer after they recruited another Wrestler...that he'd say, "well, it's there fault I didn't get my transfer in on time, I was always planning on transferring?"

Don't you think maybe that could be so he could put the onus on UW and to try and get his appeal to go through?
Or do you think that means he was planning on transferring despite all evidence to the contrary? 

I can't read minds, I can only look at actions. His actions didn't seem to lineup.

And for the record, I kinda get why he'd be upset about them recruiting a kid for ONE year who at best is a marginal upgrade when he has 3 years left. But we've seen how brutal the B1G is. 

I wouldn't have recruited Woods if I was Iowa(or at least I'd have tried to communicate with Henson who...I think is actually at '33 now). 

Edited by scourge165

On 1/18/2023 at 1:21 PM, Royalfan said:

The point sailed way over your head

Yeah, I guess it did. What ARE you talking about? 

On 1/15/2023 at 12:45 PM, Royalfan said:

You cannot possibly believe this is about just staying there and wrestling off Lamont.    Will chalk it up to one too many. 

What are you talking about? 

If the Badgers don't recruit Lamont, Burwick is Wrestling 133 for them right now. 

"Will chalk it up to one too many." 

I'd assumed you were talking about his reasons for transferring. If you're not, then you are correct, it went over my head. 

21 hours ago, scourge165 said:

why do YOU think if he was trying to get a waiver from the NCAA and he missed the window to transfer after they recruited another Wrestler...that he'd say, "well, it's there fault I didn't get my transfer in on time, I was always planning on transferring?"

Because that's how he felt.  He believed the Wisconsin AD should've informed all of its athletes when the portal entry rule came into effect for sports beyond football and basketball, where each of these sports could have unique deadlines.  Taken at his word, Kyle amplified his situation hoping to prevent other athletes from suffering a similar fate.

All parties agreed that the Wisconsin AD didn't inform, and without doing research, I am assuming other NCAA institutions had informed their athletes.  I think the advertised/attributed NCAA position--that NCAA member institutions aren't responsible for reasonable efforts to ensure their athletes are informed of the current transfer rules--was a cop out.

Ultimately, I think Kyle's waiver was granted, because he reemphasized his original reason to plan to transfer had to do with the major he now sought.  That is one of the identified reasons for no loss of eligibility when missing the portal entry deadline.  I am thinking the Wisconsin AD compliance department supported this by agreeing the university did not offer the specific (or equivalent) courses of interest.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

On 1/23/2023 at 2:55 PM, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Because that's how he felt.  He believed the Wisconsin AD should've informed all of its athletes when the portal entry rule came into effect for sports beyond football and basketball, where each of these sports could have unique deadlines.  Taken at his word, Kyle amplified his situation hoping to prevent other athletes from suffering a similar fate.

All parties agreed that the Wisconsin AD didn't inform, and without doing research, I am assuming other NCAA institutions had informed their athletes.  I think the advertised/attributed NCAA position--that NCAA member institutions aren't responsible for reasonable efforts to ensure their athletes are informed of the current transfer rules--was a cop out.

Ultimately, I think Kyle's waiver was granted, because he reemphasized his original reason to plan to transfer had to do with the major he now sought.  That is one of the identified reasons for no loss of eligibility when missing the portal entry deadline.  I am thinking the Wisconsin AD compliance department supported this by agreeing the university did not offer the specific (or equivalent) courses of interest.

I think that's...quite a stretch. Again, Burwick had ZERO plans to transfer until Lamont was brought in. 

You don't set up a place to live for the next year(lease and all) if you're planning on leaving.

Wisconsin tried to help Burwick as much as they could by conceding they hadn't told him what the transfer dates were(though most of the kids knew what it was). 

You'd think the kid who was planning the whole time and looking into it...he MIGHT have looked into and made sure he knew the rules. Instead, he wasn't even close. 

His waiver was granted because he transferred late. This is how it's been handled in every other case. You miss the deadline, you have to sit out the first semester. It's that simple. This wasn't a unique case other than Manning...apparently unaware of the rule, tried calling out Bono when he had literally NOTHING to do with it at that point. 

On 1/13/2023 at 11:33 PM, Gus said:

He certainly seems to be a big upgrade over Dryden. Nagao is a tough kid and Burwick was right there with him. Bet he will be icing those shoulders tonight. 

Just a question here. Did Bono recruit Robb to South dakota state...?

On 1/22/2023 at 7:46 AM, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

The exact words he used were  "considered transferring" not that he had "planned" Probably good to have the right words when you credit him with his "own words" . And no, they are not the same thing. I could care less about your take on this situation, but at least when you quote someone you should get their words right. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

6 hours ago, Gus said:

Yes sir. Robb was committed to SDSU before Bono left. He would sure look good in blue....

So Bono recruited him? They interviewed Robb on btn. He said he had problems transferring out of sdsu, cuz of Bono? So this isn't first episode with nebraska and bono

22 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

So Bono recruited him? They interviewed Robb on btn. He said he had problems transferring out of sdsu, cuz of Bono? So this isn't first episode with nebraska and bono

Yes Bono recruited him and when Bono took the job at Wisconsin, Robb decommitted from SDSU. 

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

What is your obsession with Bono?  Robb never attended SDSU, so I don't know how he transferred out.  He de-committed after Bono took the job at Wisconsin.  

• Fire 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

On 1/22/2023 at 5:38 PM, scourge165 said:

Yeah, I guess it did. What ARE you talking about? 

What are you talking about? 

If the Badgers don't recruit Lamont, Burwick is Wrestling 133 for them right now. 

"Will chalk it up to one too many." 

I'd assumed you were talking about his reasons for transferring. If you're not, then you are correct, it went over my head. 

Yeah it went over your head as I mentioned previously.  

On 1/27/2023 at 9:13 AM, Idaho said:

The exact words he used were  "considered transferring" not that he had "planned" Probably good to have the right words when you credit him with his "own words" .

Obviously, you have assumed I limited my paraphrasing post to the text of a specific Tweet.  I did not.

Here is the direct quote (from Kyle to Kelly Bachman during their podcast interview; begins at 55:16 mark; ends at 56:53 mark) that I paraphrased:

"My situation is, um, I-I-I had decided to transfer after last year's NCAA tournament.  Umm, I-I-I'd kinda been building up to it at that point, and I was like I need a change. You know, I need a change for, you know, my academic situation. Um, I need a change for just my-my wrestling program situation.  Um, location-wise, you know, I-I just didn't assimilate into Madison as well as I though I would."

The post of mine, with which you took umbrage, was 100% accurate.  The above quote is accurate reflected by:

"According to his own words, Kyle had planned to transfer after NCAAs and before Lamont was recruited."

1 hour ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

The Cambridge Dictionary would disagree when it comes to a "plan to do something."

It's ok to be wrong.

The Cambridge Dictionary agrees with me...

Planning: The act of deciding to how to do something

Considering: Used to mention a particular condition or fact about something, usually a disadvantage. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Love it when we get dueling dictionaries.

I have Oxford English in a major decision over Merriam-Webster. Noah Webster was a punk.

only a major, odd ... just did a search of one of your favorite "words" and got:

Screenshot_20230202-130453_Chrome.jpg.97a88e8b15d1f519e722ef30af678e3c.jpg

😕

Edited by ionel
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Love it when we get dueling dictionaries.

I have Oxford English in a major decision over Merriam-Webster. Noah Webster was a punk.

Urban dictionary down by 7 with the funk and the pinfall. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, ionel said:

only a major, odd ... just did a search of one of your favorite "words" and got:

Screenshot_20230202-130453_Chrome.jpg.97a88e8b15d1f519e722ef30af678e3c.jpg

😕

Right after the OED smacks down M-W, Collins comes sneaking up from behind and smashes a folding chair across OED's back. Then Collins jumps on top for the cheap fall (or is it pinfall?) which the hapless stooge of a ref calls even though it is so clearly against the rules.

image.png.a8c13e0012e6361c63dbcc7a3d8fbe3d.png

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

The act of deciding to how to do something

Pretty shitty English for an English dictionary.  Perhaps you didn't quote it correctly.

The "act of deciding to" need not be coupled with the how.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/plan

(See B1 and understand what "or" means.)