Kyle burwikk

jajensen09

Good question on Burwick - I was wondering the same thing. The 133 upgrade in Wisconsin doesn't seem to be paying off so far. Things could change, but so far it looks like it may have been a mistake. When that happens, responsible parties seem to dig in even more. End of semester is coming up so maybe we see him then - not sure. So far Burwick has looked good in opens. Perhaps Nebraska fans have some inside info. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

Good question on Burwick - I was wondering the same thing. The 133 upgrade in Wisconsin doesn't seem to be paying off so far. Things could change, but so far it looks like it may have been a mistake. When that happens, responsible parties seem to dig in even more. End of semester is coming up so maybe we see him then - not sure. So far Burwick has looked good in opens. Perhaps Nebraska fans have some inside info. 

Something has to come out of this. I'm a huge fan of the huskers, haven't heard anything.  I do know burwick won the wrestle off at 133 at nebraska and would help the husker depth. Everything seems hush hush right now

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, jajensen09 said:

Something has to come out of this. I'm a huge fan of the huskers, haven't heard anything.  I do know burwick won the wrestle off at 133 at nebraska and would help the husker depth. Everything seems hush hush right now

Yeah I have checked around as well and haven't seen a thing.... maybe keeping it on the down low until January 29th ... 

59 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

His Facebook profile is in a nebraska singlet. I'd say he wrestles for nebraska or nobody

Yes we know that.... please re-read my post below ... what I am saying is that maybe they (Nebraska and Burwick)  are keeping his eligibility on the down low (quiet)  until January 29th when they wrestle his OLD team that  brought in Lamont to take his spot. It would be a great night if Burwick - who wrestles for NEBRASKA, wrestled his first match against his old team WISCONSIN and beat the guy they brought in to replace him - Lamont.

8 hours ago, Idaho said:

yeah I have checked around as well and haven't seen a thing.... maybe keeping it on the down low until January 29th ...

Edited by Idaho
  • Fire 2

9 hours ago, Idaho said:

Yes we know that.... please re-read my post below ... what I am saying is that maybe they (Nebraska and Burwick)  are keeping his eligibility on the down low (quiet)  until January 29th when they wrestle his OLD team that  brought in Lamont to take his spot. It would be a great night if Burwick - who wrestles for NEBRASKA, wrestled his first match against his old team WISCONSIN and beat the guy they brought in to replace him - Lamont.

Yeah idk about that. That would waste almost a year of eligibility 

Some of the same discussion over on the Wisconsin wrestling forum about a month or so ago with some strong Wisconsin supporters being adamant that the UW is NOT holding up Burwick but rather, if anyone is blocking Burwick's path it is the NCAA. They cite the Twitter post from the UW Athletics Dept. (see below) as "evidence" of this. At the time, I suggested that this particular post could have said (but did not) that the UW has waived any claims on Burwick's future athletic endeavors and has signed off on his transfer, etc. - but they didn't. I thought the post was a carefully worded statement that didn't come right out and say what it could have said to have made things clear. A few of the Badger faithful accused me of being obtuse and difficult. Any thoughts on this forum?

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, npope said:

Some of the same discussion over on the Wisconsin wrestling forum about a month or so ago with some strong Wisconsin supporters being adamant that the UW is NOT holding up Burwick but rather, if anyone is blocking Burwick's path it is the NCAA. They cite the Twitter post from the UW Athletics Dept. (see below) as "evidence" of this. At the time, I suggested that this particular post could have said (but did not) that the UW has waived any claims on Burwick's future athletic endeavors and has signed off on his transfer, etc. - but they didn't. I thought the post was a carefully worded statement that didn't come right out and say what it could have said to have made things clear. A few of the Badger faithful accused me of being obtuse and difficult. Any thoughts on this forum?

Yeah I'm not sure what to think about that. Does burwick have 2 years of eligibility left?

On 12/5/2022 at 8:54 AM, Idaho said:

Not paying off because he has only lost to ranked guys? Lamont is still ranked 18th. Burwick barely qualified for NCAAs.

2 hours ago, Chestcrusher said:

Not paying off because he has only lost to ranked guys? Lamont is still ranked 18th. Burwick barely qualified for NCAAs.

Lost to only ranked wrestlers is incorrect.... Zach Redding is not ranked on intermat and he defeated LaMont 10-4 

"doesn't seem to be paying off so far."   So far means it could change later. However the difference between the two wrestlers is not much if any, yet Burwick has 3 more years coming and Lamont only has this year.  Doesn't seem like a good move... so far. 

15 hours ago, Idaho said:

Lost to only ranked wrestlers is incorrect.... Zach Redding is not ranked on intermat and he defeated LaMont 10-4 

"doesn't seem to be paying off so far."   So far means it could change later. However the difference between the two wrestlers is not much if any, yet Burwick has 3 more years coming and Lamont only has this year.  Doesn't seem like a good move... so far. 

Lamont is 8-6 at NCAAs including an All American and has wins over Sebastian Rivera, Montorie Bridges, Mastrogiovanni, Latona, and Ethan Lizak.

Burwick is 1-4 at NCAAs with his best wins being Damion Elliot, Mosha Schwartz, and Jake Rundell according to wrestlestat. Yea there isn't any difference between them......🤣

16 minutes ago, Chestcrusher said:

Lamont is 8-6 at NCAAs including an All American and has wins over Sebastian Rivera, Montorie Bridges, Mastrogiovanni, Latona, and Ethan Lizak.

Burwick is 1-4 at NCAAs with his best wins being Damion Elliot, Mosha Schwartz, and Jake Rundell according to wrestlestat. Yea there isn't any difference between them......🤣

Lamont was very good a couple years ago and by all accounts seems like a great guy.......unfortunately wins two years ago don't count now...  but a loss to the #29 and #16 guy do.  As long as we are playing the historical game...look at guys that Lamont used to beat that now beat him....If he was on trajectory he would have wrestled a close match with Vito... We will see how this plays out.... I would take 3 years of Burwick over 1 year of LaMont. Maybe you should put it to a poll and see how it would turn out... I would be interested to see. 

P.S. Thanks for pointing out that Burwick defeated Schwartz....who beat Lamont in their last meeting.... see how that historical thing works? 

Edited by Idaho
  • Fire 2