Kyle burwikk

jajensen09

6 minutes ago, Gus said:

Based on the above data from Wrestleknownothing aka WKN....

They did this on flo. Ben askren did it, Proved that Iowa underperforms at ncaas. Based on how they are seated for the tournament. They win close matches at home cuz of bs stalling calls

23 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

A great example of this is marinelli

It is easy to cherry pick examples of underperformance. Here watch me do it for your beloved Huskers: Jake Sueflohn never placed at NCAA's so Nebraska always underperforms. 

10 minutes ago, Gus said:

It is easy to cherry pick examples of underperformance. Here watch me do it for your beloved Huskers: Jake Sueflohn never placed at NCAA's so Nebraska always underperforms. 

It's there style more so than anything.  It's getting exposed

3 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

True!! Ben askern said today all Wisconsin has to do is the 1 paper and burwick can wrestle.  It's on their desk!

Sorry to say that Askren is not the NCAA - although he may be right. Askren has a hatchet to bury with the UW so take his assessment with a grain of salt - although he might be spot on. UW athletic dept. suggests otherwise - don't know who to believe. if the UW is holding things up it sounds pretty small.

15 minutes ago, npope said:

Sorry to say that Askren is not the NCAA - although he may be right. Askren has a hatchet to bury with the UW so take his assessment with a grain of salt - although he might be spot on. UW athletic dept. suggests otherwise - don't know who to believe. if the UW is holding things up it sounds pretty small.

How about Willie @Husker_Du confirming the same thing in this very thread? 

• Fire 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

15 minutes ago, Idaho said:

How about Willie @Husker_Du confirming the same thing in this very thread? 

Yeah, but neither is the NCAA. Standing on the other side is the actual UW athletic department, who has formal standing and supposedly an insider to the ongoing events. Hard to know the truth of the matter. That said, I don't know why the UW would be stalling on this as well as issuing a half-baked statement on the matter. Something smells.

Edited by npope
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

And now for all teams that have averaged at least 3 NQs per year. Princeton shall lead them all (and we shall all work for them).

image.thumb.png.8546bd5500167f2b159a68307ae5c7c3.png

Given that PSU has qualified the third highest number of wrestlers over that span, how crazy is that number?

That is crazy, especially since I’d guess a lot of those were 1 seeds and you have to win it in order to not perform worse

8 hours ago, Chestcrusher said:

Even Kyle Burwick doesn't think hes better. If he thought he was better than Lamont he would have stayed, competed, and outwrestled him. Also hard to hard Nebraskas lightweights vs Wisconsins. Nebraska has great coaching and is one of my favorite programs, but he has been wrestling with Barnett and Gross. 

Michael Beard says hi.

Nonetheless, I’d probably take Lamont to score more at NCAA’s this year.  But Burwick for 3 years will probably outscore Lamont’s 1.  Although to be fair we really need to also use whoever Wisconsin’s 133 ends up being next year and the year after 

The point some of the Badger faithful make is that transfer eligibility is ALWAYS decided at the NCAA level - NOT at the university level. They suggest that now that Burwick is enrolled at another school, not on a UW scholarship, etc., that his availability for the Huskers is strictly an NCAA thing; while the prior school might be able to sign-off on a letter suggesting "go with my blessing," it really isn't a binding constraint with regard to transfer eligibility but rather, the NCAA has the final say...and that's what's holding things up.

Personally, I don't know enough about these things to know for sure - anybody else have some better insight as to the actual dynamics?

• Fire 1