Kyle burwikk

jajensen09

"work with us"

Interesting word choice.

Could be read as meeting us half-way to ensure Kyle doesn't lose a year of eligibility, regardless of potential half-truths.

Or could be read as return our calls and/or provide Kyle's records to support the exception in our waiver request to the NCAA.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

Screenshot_20221210-140127_Chrome.jpg.d8a5d55d681245e024f63a475053d5df.jpg

We still don't know the context of the quote.  Is this the way Manning talks, in short seperate sentences, or is this the way Exstrom writes?  

"They did not work with us."

What does that mean, are they required to, should they?

"They made a statement."

Ok sure but what statement?

Also:  "Manning revealed ... three times"  or "WI AD ... refused to work with NU three times?"

Its really not possible to tell from this writing.   If Manning has a beef with WI AD then why isn't NU AD taking the lead in dealing with this issue, where is the NU AD statement or for that matter any official statement?

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Can someone find a rule on portal transfers that says the transferring-from school needs to provide a release?

I looked but couldn't find one.  The only 'releases' I've seen is from NLIs and 90-days for contact of someone in the portal.

If this is true, then it would appear to undercut any claim that Kyle's transfer was motivated by a looming replacement by Taylor Lamont. Taylor Lamont's arrival could even be a contingency action by Bono.  Furthermore, if true, then Kyle's exception to obtain a waiver would seem to need to be based on his earlier considerations toward transferring.

I don't really doubt Manning said the quote.  I do doubt that its meaning is clear and reflects a reasonable action Bono and the Wisconsin AD could take on Kyle's behalf.

The amount of silence from Nebraska representatives since that quote could be seen as perhaps some recognition of originally barking up the wrong tree or howling at the moon.

Perhaps you should go read Burwick's twitter and his dad's twitter and Manning's twitter... If this is true...haha...it's his own words on his twitter.  Many of us were hashing through this on the old mat forum when this was actually happening. 

And , no, it does not undercut anything.  When he found out Lamont came in that's when he actually made the decision  to transfer. 

Edited by Idaho
  • Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

7 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Perhaps you should go read Burwick's twitter and his dad's twitter and Manning's twitter... If this is true...haha...it's his own words on his twitter.  Many of us were hashing through this on the old mat forum when this was actually happening. 

And , no, it does not undercut anything.  When he found out Lamont came in that's when he actually made the decision  to transfer. 

He's not lying. It happened...

• Fire 1

26 minutes ago, ionel said:

They did not work with us."

What does that mean, are they required to, should they?

It's a response to  Wisconsin's statement that their compliance staff worked with Nebraska. Not that hard.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, ionel said:

But how do you know that?  The "article" does not indicate such.  

I know that it's a response to Wisconsin's statement because:

Wisconsin Statement: "The UW compliance  staff and administration worked with Nebraska over the last several months"

Manning quote in Exstrom Twitter: "They did not work with us,They made a statement. That was false." 

Pretty clear and not hard what the references are about. 

44 minutes ago, ionel said:

"They did not work with us."

What does that mean, are they required to, should they? (It means Wisconsin did not work with them as they noted in their statement. Whether they are required to or not is not the issue)

"They made a statement."

Ok sure but what statement? (The Wisconsin statement that was made)

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

No one calls you 'a cute' anything.

Hey now ... my father was right, mom was obtuse and I'm acute, can't help it, its in the genes, I've never been off by 90 degrees.  

Edited by ionel

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

Perhaps you should go read Burwick's twitter

I read it.  Sorry I used the trigger phrase "If true."  I was only doing it to emphasize his decision wasn’t necessarily predicated on Lamont's arrival, which seems relevant to Kyle's case.  Things could've been much easier if Kyle had a clear execption case for his waiver request to the NCAA.

Says he considered transferring after his season ended.

Says he didn't talk in person with coaches until June 13th (after entering portal about two weeks earlier).

Doesn't say he hadn't communicated in other ways about his considering leaving Wisconsin with the Wisconsin coaches or someone who might've informed Wisconsin coaches.

Doesn't say he didn't communicate with the coaches by means other than in person.

I Infer from it that his rationale is he should be allowed to compete without loss of eligibility solely because he didn't know the May 1st deadline because Wisconsin didn't inform him.

Wisconsin AD is on public record stating it supports Kyle's immediate eligibility.

Indicates he believes the transfer process he is in requires Wisconsin to grant him a release.

I wish I knew where the NCAa defined that process.

41 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

So would Bono have anything to do with signing this supposed release?  Or the AD?  Because Wisconsin’s statement only referred to the Athletics department, not the wrestling team.  Is it possible the AD wanted to sign it but Bono didn’t?

Hard to speculate without knowing the process the NCAA is using.

As wrestling coaches work for the Athletic Department, I would think they'd tend to align themselves and comply with their employer's wishes.

Anyways, the Wisconsin AD and administration says the decision on immediate eligibility is in the hands of the NCAA, and that they support the NCAA making Burwick immediately eligible.  That seems clear from their Tweet.

7 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Hard to speculate without knowing the process the NCAA is using.

As wrestling coaches work for the Athletic Department, I would think they'd tend to align themselves and comply with their employer's wishes.

Anyways, the Wisconsin AD and administration says the decision on immediate eligibility is in the hands of the NCAA, and that they support the NCAA making Burwick immediately eligible.  That seems clear from their Tweet.

“They support it” is kinda a vague statement.  They could think he should be able to wrestle with no intervention required, but still not actually sign whatever release is being referred to.  Clearly other people involved (Manning, Snyder & Burwick) disagree with Wisconsin’s statement.

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

“They support it”

In plain language means 'If the NCAA needs to know whether Wisconsin thinks Kyle Burwick should be able to wrestle without loss of eligibility, they do.  They support that decision by the NCAA.'

You know, like supporting a candidate for office.  Doesn't mean that candidate wins.

It doesn't mean they are jumping through hoops to put pressure on the NCAA to make the decision.

You know, like voting for a candidate but not donating to or volunteering to canvas for their campaign.

Obtuse cuts both ways.

Wisconsin clearly put their position on the record, and surely Kyle's request for waiver can reference it.

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

vague

What release of what from what?  That is the most vague part of it all.  What if it is a financial release from partial reimbursement of scholarship money?  What if that is not the Wisconsin AD's call?

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

45 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

In plain language means 'If the NCAA needs to know whether Wisconsin thinks Kyle Burwick should be able to wrestle without loss of eligibility, they do.  They support that decision by the NCAA.'

You know, like supporting a candidate for office.  Doesn't mean that candidate wins.

It doesn't mean they are jumping through hoops to put pressure on the NCAA to make the decision.

You know, like voting for a candidate but not donating to or volunteering to canvas for their campaign.

Obtuse cuts both ways.

Wisconsin clearly put their position on the record, and surely Kyle's request for waiver can reference it.

What release of what from what?  That is the most vague part of it all.  What if it is a financial release from partial reimbursement of scholarship money?  What if that is not the Wisconsin AD's call?

No I don’t know what the release is, as evidenced by my previous post asking who was even supposed to sign it.

I think how each involved party would define “jumping through hoops” is probably the crux of the disagreement here…

• Fire 1