Kyle burwikk

jajensen09

26 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Lamont was very good a couple years ago and by all accounts seems like a great guy.......unfortunately wins two years ago don't count now...  but a loss to the #29 and #16 guy do.  As long as we are playing the historical game...look at guys that Lamont used to beat that now beat him....If he was on trajectory he would have wrestled a close match with Vito... We will see how this plays out.... I would take 3 years of Burwick over 1 year of LaMont. Maybe you should put it to a poll and see how it would turn out... I would be interested to see. 

P.S. Thanks for pointing out that Burwick defeated Schwartz....who beat Lamont in their last meeting.... see how that historical thing works? 

LOL So you can't count wins from 2 years ago but count a match that Lamont/Shwartz wrestled in 2020. Double standard. Lamont already has more All American finishes than Burwick will ever have. That is fine to take 3 years of a wrestle over 1 of another. But to say they are equal when 1 wrestle has ZERO top 30 wins and only 2 top 50 wins in 3 seasons(according to wrestlestat) with a 1-4 NCAA record is equal to a guy with 4 top 30 wins just in the past 2 seasons, 15 top 50 wins in the past 3, and has an 8-6 record at NCAAs with an AA honor is just stupid. But you do you. 

Edited by Chestcrusher

16 minutes ago, Chestcrusher said:

LOL So you can't count wins from 2 years ago but count a match that Lamont/Shwartz wrestled in 2020. Double standard. Lamont already has more All American finishes than Burwick will ever have. That is fine to take 3 years of a wrestle over 1 of another. But to say they are equal when 1 wrestle has ZERO top 30 wins and only 2 top 50 wins in 3 seasons(according to wrestlestat) with a 1-4 NCAA record is equal to a guy with 4 top 30 wins just in the past 2 seasons, 15 top 50 wins in the past 3, and has an 8-6 record at NCAAs with an AA honor is just stupid. But you do you. 

I'd also take burwick in nebraskas room. Alot of guys there to make him better

22 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

I'd also take burwick in nebraskas room. Alot of guys there to make him better

Even Kyle Burwick doesn't think hes better. If he thought he was better than Lamont he would have stayed, competed, and outwrestled him. Also hard to hard Nebraskas lightweights vs Wisconsins. Nebraska has great coaching and is one of my favorite programs, but he has been wrestling with Barnett and Gross. 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Chestcrusher said:

Even Kyle Burwick doesn't think hes better. If he thought he was better than Lamont he would have stayed, competed, and outwrestled him. Also hard to hard Nebraskas lightweights vs Wisconsins. Nebraska has great coaching and is one of my favorite programs, but he has been wrestling with Barnett and Gross. 

That is not true, they get these guys to transfer there by telling them the spot is theirs.  They tell Burwick they are bringing in Lamont to wrestle 133 and so he transfers.  

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Chestcrusher said:

I'll take wrestling with ridge,  hardy and Cronin. The coaches wanted to replace him, so why not leave

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Chestcrusher said:

Barnett(2 AA finishes), Gomez(2-0 over Ridge including a pin), and Gross(senior world team member) easily.... 

Just so you know you are arguing with a Nebraska super fan. This guy thinks that Nebraska is going to outpace Iowa at NCAA's this year... he is not going to see your points from a rational view.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gus said:

Just so you know you are arguing with a Nebraska super fan. This guy thinks that Nebraska is going to outpace Iowa at NCAA's this year... he is not going to see your points from a rational view.

Iowa isn't that deep my. It's widddee open, with nebraskas youth making a run! Along with their horses

12 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Iowa isn't that deep my. It's widddee open, with nebraskas youth making a run! Along with their horses

Iowa is not that deep, yet on intermat and Flo rankings they are ranked higher than the huskers in 8 out of 10 weight classes lol.

12 minutes ago, Gus said:

Iowa is not that deep, yet on intermat and Flo rankings they are ranked higher than the huskers in 8 out of 10 weight classes lol.

Yes yes. And if you follow, Iowa wrestlers for the most part never wrestle to what the are seeded in mcaas. Their style doesn't translate to march

3 hours ago, Chestcrusher said:

Your argument is historical which there is no argument here about Lamont's accomplishments...I am talking about now - today.  Lamont has digressed over the last few years. He is not wrestling well this year either. Do you disagree with that? I was also very clear with the words "so far" which also implies that my statements are to be taken now, today, but that could change later.  If Burwick and LaMont wrestle on January 29th and Lamont wins a close match, then I was correct (the difference between the two is not much). If Burwick wins I am correct (if any). You would be correct if LaMont wins that match comfortably.  Was it a mistake to choose LaMont over Burwick? Is that change going to get Wisonsin a trophy?  

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

20 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Yes yes. And if you follow, Iowa wrestlers for the most part never wrestle to what the are seeded in mcaas. Their style doesn't translate to march

That may be how you want it to play out but when you look at the data provided by WKN, Iowa is basically right on with these seeds. Either slightly higher or slightly lower depending on what data you use to calculate. I am a SDSU 1st fan so I can look at things a bit more subjective in looking at things perhaps. Now, if you ask me to pick AA's for the Jackrabbits... I am surely going to pick more than are ranked to finish as an AA. 

23 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Nebraska set themselves up for a good NCAA tournament by not scheduling PSU this year. Fewer Ls = higher seeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They schedules ASU at the end of the year, sdsu coming up then a hell of big 10 schedule.  Their schedule is harder than most

13 minutes ago, Gus said:

That may be how you want it to play out but when you look at the data provided by WKN, Iowa is basically right on with these seeds. Either slightly higher or slightly lower depending on what data you use to calculate. I am a SDSU 1st fan so I can look at things a bit more subjective in looking at things perhaps. Now, if you ask me to pick AA's for the Jackrabbits... I am surely going to pick more than are ranked to finish as an AA. 

When you look at past ncaas iowa over half of the team has wrestled below their seed. Iowa wins alot of close matches at home cuz they beg for stalling. 

• Fire 1

Huh?  B1G sets conference schedule.  PSU and Iowa don't even meet every year.  That's probably a higher priority for PSU/Iowa to try and mutually arrange than PSU/Nebraska.

Ok. Good point.

Point being, through whatever powers arranged the schedule, Nebraska got hooked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, jajensen09 said:

When you look at past ncaas iowa over half of the team has wrestled below their seed. Iowa wins alot of close matches at home cuz they beg for stalling. 

Again, I'm glad that you think that... but WKN's data shows that Iowa wrestles to seed as a team at NCAA's.

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jajensen09 said:

Over the last 12 tournaments Nebraska has wrestled at or above their seed 55% of the time (50 of 91) and Iowa has wrestled at or above their seed 56% of the time (63 of 112).

Nebraska's worst years were 2014 (1 of 6) and 2021 (2 of 9). Iowa's worst years were 2015 and 2022 (3 of 7).

If you narrow it down to just the past three tournaments (the seed to 33 era) Nebraska has wrestled at or above their seed 48% of the time (12 of 25) and Iowa has wrestled at or above their seed 48% of the time (14 of 29).

There really is no difference between the two.

• Fire 4

31 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Over the last 12 tournaments Nebraska has wrestled at or above their seed 55% of the time (50 of 91) and Iowa has wrestled at or above their seed 56% of the time (63 of 112).

Nebraska's worst years were 2014 (1 of 6) and 2021 (2 of 9). Iowa's worst years were 2015 and 2022 (3 of 7).

If you narrow it down to just the past three tournaments (the seed to 33 era) Nebraska has wrestled at or above their seed 48% of the time (12 of 25) and Iowa has wrestled at or above their seed 48% of the time (14 of 29).

There really is no difference between the two.

5 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Based on what??? They die this on flo. Around 60 percent of iowas wrestlers, wrestle below their seed every year

Based on the above data from Wrestleknownothing aka WKN....

• Fire 1