Kyle burwikk

jajensen09

45 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Haven't all the 'experts' here weighed in?

My 'expert' opinion is either someone somewhere is a lazy POS for not filling out the paperwork or someone somewhere is being a d!ck to Mr. Burwick.  That, or the paperwork is misplaced, in a queue as a lower priority, or fictitious.  I think that pretty much covers the possibilities where ill-intent or incompetence are assumed.

But practically speaking, there is likely no precedent for what Mr. Burwick experienced.  I understand it is something like Wisconsin didn't inform him or other athletes of new rule associated must enter portal by date else lose eligibility and sitout,  if transfer.  Mr. Burwick's portal entry didn't meet the prescribed date.  Wisconsin admitted it hadn't informed its athletes.

All bureaucracies love precedent.  NCAA is a bureaucracy.  Absent precedent, one should expect the NCAA will tread lightly and slowly as it sets new precedent.  I am sure the NCAA appreciates Mr. Burwick's patience.

1 hour ago, npope said:

The point some of the Badger faithful make is that transfer eligibility is ALWAYS decided at the NCAA level - NOT at the university level. They suggest that now that Burwick is enrolled at another school, not on a UW scholarship, etc., that his availability for the Huskers is strictly an NCAA thing; while the prior school might be able to sign-off on a letter suggesting "go with my blessing," it really isn't a binding constraint with regard to transfer eligibility but rather, the NCAA has the final say...and that's what's holding things up.

Personally, I don't know enough about these things to know for sure - anybody else have some better insight as to the actual dynamics?

So if this were true. Why does every single other report say Wisconsin is holding it up?? Why would nebraska lie about that??

13 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

So if this were true. Why does every single other report say Wisconsin is holding it up?? Why would nebraska lie about that??

I hear you. That said, of these other "reports" all are delivered second hand or via hearsay - only the UW athletic department come out and posted something coming directly, officially, from them (other than the Burwicks themselves, which at times has been inaccurate). Can someone point me to something specific from the Nebraska camp, e.g., athletic department or coach (not hearsay or second hand reporting), that says something contradicting the UW statement?

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, npope said:

I hear you. That said, of these other "reports" all are delivered second hand or via hearsay - only the UW athletic department come out and posted something coming directly, officially, from them (other than the Burwicks themselves, which at times has been inaccurate). Can someone point me to something specific from the Nebraska camp, e.g., athletic department or coach (not hearsay or second hand reporting), that says something contradicting the UW statement?

I know for a fact askern wouldn't lie about talking to Nebraskas coaches about it.

35 minutes ago, Chestcrusher said:

He would lie to bash the Wisconsin program and coaches though.

That would drag the nebraska coaches down with him. I don't think he'd do that. He's been around coach Snyder quite a bit lately, I don't think he would drop his name like that if it wasn't true

24 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

That would drag the nebraska coaches down with him. I don't think he'd do that. He's been around coach Snyder quite a bit lately, I don't think he would drop his name like that if it wasn't true

Yeah, but what people hear and what people actually said are often different things, intentional or not. That's why I am trying to willow-out the third-party component. Would love to see a direct quote from Snyder on the matter.

• Fire 1

Bottom line, Wisconsin is out of the picture.

Mr. Burwick, who missed the May 1 deadline to notify his former school, Wisconsin, will be ineligible to compete at his new school, Nebraska, for one season--unless Nebraska submits a waiver that’s granted by the NCAA.

Sources have stated Nebraska submitted a waiver.  There appears no reason to doubt that.  So now Mr. Burwick is waiting for the NCAA to process and grant or deny the waiver.

As is often the case when new rules are created, certain facets of executing the rule may lag.  For example, what should be in the submitted waiver for it to be granted and evaluation criteria for granting or denying a waiver could be lagging.  I suspect these are contributing factors to the delay Mr. Burwick and Nebraska are experiencing, and any resulting frustration.

50 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Bottom line, Wisconsin is out of the picture.

Mr. Burwick, who missed the May 1 deadline to notify his former school, Wisconsin, will be ineligible to compete at his new school, Nebraska, for one season--unless Nebraska submits a waiver that’s granted by the NCAA.

Sources have stated Nebraska submitted a waiver.  There appears no reason to doubt that.  So now Mr. Burwick is waiting for the NCAA to process and grant or deny the waiver.

As is often the case when new rules are created, certain facets of executing the rule may lag.  For example, what should be in the submitted waiver for it to be granted and evaluation criteria for granting or denying a waiver could be lagging.  I suspect these are contributing factors to the delay Mr. Burwick and Nebraska are experiencing, and any resulting frustration.

That's old. They are waiting on Wisconsin.  Stated this weekend 

30 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Who is "they"?

Who stated and what's their credibility?

What is being waited for?

That's what's old, unsubstantiated hypothesis that something new is in play.

Nebraska coaches said last weekend.  Wisconsin just has to sign 1 paper and he can wrestle for nebraska 

14 minutes ago, npope said:

Where did they say it? Is this what Askren is reporting?

They said they were working on the best behalf of Kyle Burwick. That is the furthest thing from the truth that I've ever heard." --- mark manning. Also askren reported Wisconsin was sent 1 paper they need to sign. Still hasn't been done

17 minutes ago, npope said:

Where did they say it? Is this what Askren is reporting?

Mhmmm....

Who would have asked or required Wisconsin to sign a paper, for what purpose, and to fulfill what requirement of the waiver rule?

Sounds like it could be the telephone game (speaker using pronouns and listener assuming who the subject is).

But I suppose Nebraska could've asked Wisconsin to sign-off on something to bolster its waiver request.  I just don't know why Nebraska would or why Wisconsin would bother with something that's not required by rule.

I think 'they' could actually refer to the NCAA.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

3 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Mhmmm....

Who would have asked or required Wisconsin to sign a paper, for what purpose, and to fulfill what requirement of the waiver rule?

Sounds like it could be the telephone game (speaker using pronouns and listener assuming who the subject is).

But I suppose Nebraska could've asked Wisconsin to sign-off on something to bolster its waiver request.  I just don't know why Nebraska would or why Wisconsin would bother with something that's not required by rule.

I think 'they' could actually refer to the NCAA.

Manning said himself that Wisconsin is not helping the situation 

7 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Wisconsin is not helping the situation 

What role does Wisconsin have in helping?

I don't believe they have any.

Is trashing Wisconsin (Burwick initially) or Askren (as a surrogate for Nebraska coaches) going to engender help from Wisconsin?

Nope, it's not an effective strategy.

I don't believe the old B1G intra-conference transfer rule is still in play, is it?

Where did Manning state this?  Link please.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

7 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Manning said himself that Wisconsin is not helping the situation 

If its in the hands of the NCAA he could've also said Penn State isn't helping the situation and that would also be accurate, correct?

And where is this quote referenced or recorded?

12 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

What role does Wisconsin have in helping?

I don't believe they have any.

Is trashing Wisconsin (Burwick initially) or Askren (as a surrogate for Nebraska coaches) going to engender help from Wisconsin?

Nope, it's not an effective strategy.

I don't believe the old B1G intra-conference transfer rule is still in play, is it?

Where did Manning state this?  Link please.

I attached the quote from inside nebraska. 

Screenshot_20221209-151749_Twitter.jpg

9 minutes ago, ionel said:

If its in the hands of the NCAA he could've also said Penn State isn't helping the situation and that would also be accurate, correct?

And where is this quote referenced or recorded?

Penn state?? What. It's Wisconsin holding it up. Said now by 2 different sources 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

I attached the quote from inside nebraska. 

Screenshot_20221209-151749_Twitter.jpg

I read the early November stuff.

I mean did people even understand the process then for post May 1 port entries?  The anecdotal evidemce says no, right?

Read Manning's wife posted Wisconsin coach had to sign a release.  But people stuck in old ways of B1G intra-conference transfers might say that.  And people pop off lll-onformed on social media all thd time.

Looking for a recent statement, if there is one.

1 minute ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

I read the early November stuff.

I mean did people even understand the process then for post May 1 port entries?  The anecdotal evidemce says no, right?

Read Manning's wife posted Wisconsin coach had to sign a release.  But people stuck in old ways of B1G intra-conference transfers might say that.  And people pop off lll-onformed on social media all thd time.

Looking for a recent statement, if there is one.

Those quotes were from after the first dual of the year. They were then brought up again this weekend,  nothing has changed