World cup Wrestling

jajensen09

Incredible matchups all throughout:

USA vs Georgia should be really competitive

65kg - Yianni vs Lomtadze (past 61kg world champ)

70kg - Pantaleo vs Iakobishvili (past 65kg world champ, 3X world bronze at 70kg)

79kg - Burroughs vs Gamkrelidze (2022 U23 world champ, beat the guy that beat Starocci)

92kg - Jackson vs Maisuradze (2022 senior world bronze, lost to Cardenas at u23s)

97kg - Snyder vs Matcharashvili (2022 senior world bronze)

125kg - Gwiz/Zillmer vs Manashvili (u23 world silver, teched Cassioppi)

USA vs Iran potential gold 

65kg - Yianni vs Amouzad (world finals rematch)

70kg - Pantaleo vs little Yazdani (65kg world silver in 2021)

74kg - Dake vs Firouzpour (2022 u23 world champ)

79kg - Burroughs vs Nokhodi/Savadkouhi (Nokhodi lost to JB in last to world finals, Savadkouhi just beat Sidakov and Nokhodi. Also Savadkouhi almost beat JB in February)

86kg - Zahid vs Karimi (3X world medalist)

92kg - Jackson vs Firouzpour (2022 U20/U23 world Champ and Iran's clear #2 at 92kg behind Ghasempour)

125kg - Gwiz/Zillmer vs Masoumi (only 18 years old, lost to Zare like 11-4 this year, 2022 U20/U23 world champ. Teched Nick Feldman at U20 worlds. Teched Manashvili who teched Cassioppi at U23 Worlds).

Iran vs World All Star team will be really good too. I have Iran winning 65, 79, 92, and 125. Toss-ups at 70 and 86. World All-Stars favorites at 57, 61, 74, and 97. I think Iran will win one of the toss-ups and have a greater chance at bonus in the one's they're favored. 

• Fire 3

21 minutes ago, Jon_Kozak said:

I could be wrong but I thought Geno is working out at NLWC currently? If that is accurate then do you have any insight as to why would not participate in the World Cup if his team is here?

i am an idiot on the internet

4 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I could be wrong but I thought Geno is working out at NLWC currently? If that is accurate then do you have any insight as to why would not participate in the World Cup if his team is here?

In the interview he did with Olanowski he said he's going back home because he misses his family. Geno's also not listed on the current world cup rosters that were sent to me last night. Seems odd he wouldn't stay another few days to compete at an event like the World Cup. However, when you're a 3X world champ I guess you can do what you want 🙂

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, Jon_Kozak said:

70kg - Pantaleo vs Iakobishvili (past 65kg world champ, 3X world bronze at 70kg)

79kg - Burroughs vs Gamkrelidze (2022 U23 world champ, beat the guy that beat Starocci)

92kg - Jackson vs Maisuradze (2022 senior world bronze, lost to Cardenas at u23s)

79kg - Burroughs vs Nokhodi/Savadkouhi (Nokhodi lost to JB in last to world finals, Savadkouhi just beat Sidakov and Nokhodi. Also Savadkouhi almost beat JB in February)

92kg - Jackson vs Firouzpour (2022 U20/U23 world Champ and Iran's clear #2 at 92kg behind Ghasempour)

125kg - Gwiz/Zillmer vs Masoumi (only 18 years old, lost to Zare like 11-4 this year, 2022 U20/U23 world champ. Teched Nick Feldman at U20 worlds. Teched Manashvili who teched Cassioppi at U23 Worlds).

Iran vs World All Star team will be really good too. I have Iran winning 65, 79, 92, and 125. Toss-ups at 70 and 86. World All-Stars favorites at 57, 61, 74, and 97. I think Iran will win one of the toss-ups and have a greater chance at bonus in the one's they're favored. 

Dake? I thought Nolf was our 74kg.

7 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

In the interview he did with Olanowski he said he's going back home because he misses his family. Geno's also not listed on the current world cup rosters that were sent to me last night. Seems odd he wouldn't stay another few days to compete at an event like the World Cup. However, when you're a 3X world champ I guess you can do what you want 🙂

That seems like a pretty valid reason. Selfishly was hoping for an IRI/GEO matchup but that’s how it goes sometimes.

11 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

What's the highest ranked potential match by your world rankings? #2 v #3?

11 hours ago, Cherkov said:

What's the highest ranked potential match by your world rankings? #2 v #3?

At 65kg in the Iran vs All-World team #1 Rahman Amouzad will wrestle #2 Ismail Musukaev. They wrestled at worlds where Amouzad won 6-0

That's the only potential #1 vs #2 matchup.

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

At 65kg in the Iran vs All-World team #1 Rahman Amouzad will wrestle #2 Ismail Musukaev. They wrestled at worlds where Amouzad won 6-0

That's the only potential #1 vs #2 matchup.

It was just announced at the press conference that Musukaev was not able to make it here and is out so scratch that match.

However, Ghasempour said he might wrestle 97kg against the USA so that would be a #1 vs #1 matchup with him vs Snyder.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

It was just announced at the press conference that Musukaev was not able to make it here and is out so scratch that match.

However, Ghasempour said he might wrestle 97kg against the USA so that would be a #1 vs #1 matchup with him vs Snyder.

Musukaev saw the Dan Gable statue in IC and applied cold spray before the plane landed.

HELL YEAH!!!! to Ghasempour!!! If that doesn’t embody the spirit of wrestling then what does? And Snyder is a selfless warrior that would relish the opportunity no matter the outcome. Yaaasssssssss

• Fire 2

15 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Looks kike Bajie at 65 KG then, yeah?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

34 minutes ago, Radik of themat.com forums said:

probably Musukaev will be replaced by unknown canadian wrestler or something

Shows that Bajrang is there at 65 KG as well?

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me