Nailbender

2 minutes ago, headshuck said:

We left a U.S. Marine behind?

Vice President Kamala Harris
@VP
·
1h
United States government official
While we celebrate Brittney’s homecoming, we remain committed to seeing Paul Whelan released. We will not relent in our efforts until Paul is home with family. We will not stop working to bring home every U.S. citizen wrongfully detained.

Glad she’s being released. However, her entire case incenses me. Hubris, personified.

If you’re a black, lesbian, 6’9” woman in a country filled with racists, where the legislature is passing increasingly homophobic bills all the time, maybe don’t bring your weed vape cartridges on an international flight to Russia where you’ll be subject to a customs search. Particularly when the country you are flying to is rumored to be on the brink of invading another large sovereign state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Fire 1

I don't know enough about any of it to have any kind of informed view,  but I have always wondered how Greiner could have been so foolish as to even mess with trying to bring weed into Russia, of all places. 

Kind of invited that problem,  due to recklessness. 

• Fire 2

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 hour ago, Mike Parrish said:

Comparing and contrasting.

I'd prefer that we got all US citizens out.

People complaining about Biden not getting Whelan out should look at what Trump did or didn't accomplish before shitting on Biden.

If Trump would've made the exact same trade, would he have been a "tool of Putin" or would it be a "collusion with Russia"? 

What you call comparing and contrasting, I might call finger pointing that is nothing but a distraction. Trump isn't president, hopefully won't be again and doesn't really have any bearing on this conversation.

Brittany Griner left the USA, broke the law and was sentenced. I feel the sentence was unjust and I'm glad she gets to come home. That said, Biden is not a good negotiator in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Nailbender said:

Biden is not a good negotiator in my opinion. 

This is manifestly true.   The trade was obviously one sided.   Basket ball player found with hashish oil and a man known as the "merchant of death" that was caught trying to sell missiles to FARC to kill American's in Colombia.    Seems a bit one sided to me.  There is no equivalency to this, Biden got it handed to him for all the world to see. 

mspart

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

How are folks upset that an American is out of a Russian prison?  

At the risk of my banishment from these forums, I'm suspecting it's similar to folks being jubilant with an American "president" having inside relations with Russia and North Korea. 😉

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

Again,  at the risk of banishment,  I'm not sure how someone who's served in leadership roles for 30-40 years in the Senate, during divided Congress' for much of it,  isn't a good negotiator.

I think too many of us don't know that until the mid-90's, Congress operated,  by their own words,  as adversaries not enemies.  Since the mid-90's, being enemies is the rule,  and we all suffer because of it.

Edited by Ban Basketball
  • Fire 1