Why is Rudis so slow?!

TexRef

Ironically BSN doesn’t suck as much anymore and I’ve noticed that wrestling gear companies don’t always anticipate the sheer volume they actually have to handle and smaller school orders take the hit/delay.

I’ve seen it happen with goearnit and barbarian and both are run by Good dudes 

49 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Ironically BSN doesn’t suck as much anymore and I’ve noticed that wrestling gear companies don’t always anticipate the sheer volume they actually have to handle and smaller school orders take the hit/delay.

I’ve seen it happen with goearnit and barbarian and both are run by Good dudes 

A friend of mine is a HC of a D3 school and his school has a contract with BSN so he places his orders in Sept and always gets his gear in Feb. The AD is always on him about his gear too. He can't win. 

2 hours ago, TexRef said:

A friend of mine is a HC of a D3 school and his school has a contract with BSN so he places his orders in Sept and always gets his gear in Feb. The AD is always on him about his gear too. He can't win. 

I should have emphasized that “recently” they’ve been better. Last year and before Covid they were awful. Our Football coach almost lost his head because he didn’t have enough helmets.

BSN ticks me off because outside uniforms and practice gear I’m stuck using them. I’m in a large urban district. So we have to use registered “vendors”. You can add vendors, like I helped goearnit get added when we got warmups. But there’s not really any one we can add that sells the other equipment we need so we’re stuck with BSN. 

So instead of getting wrestling shoes for 50-60 a pair. I had have to spend 110 a pair because BSN is the only place my school can buy them from

2x what everyone is saying, I'm stuck with an Adidas contract supplied a local shop and we have to get our orders in July/August to get them in time for season... We order the bare minimum for the contract and then have the "club" supply the rest thru another supplier

3 hours ago, Formally140 said:

I should have emphasized that “recently” they’ve been better. Last year and before Covid they were awful. Our Football coach almost lost his head because he didn’t have enough helmets.

BSN ticks me off because outside uniforms and practice gear I’m stuck using them. I’m in a large urban district. So we have to use registered “vendors”. You can add vendors, like I helped goearnit get added when we got warmups. But there’s not really any one we can add that sells the other equipment we need so we’re stuck with BSN. 

So instead of getting wrestling shoes for 50-60 a pair. I had have to spend 110 a pair because BSN is the only place my school can buy them from

OUCH! That stinks for sure. 

Just now, TexRef said:

OUCH! That stinks for sure. 

I usually don’t have a problem getting stuff my kids need with my admin. But. The doubling the cost makes it harder. Though I have brought “large orders” that were on the fence.. then I mentioned “we don’t have a mat that is our school colors or have our logo and can we look into getting one?”

Admin: ”Don't they cost 5-10 grand?”

Me: “well yeah, but the fb Coach mentioned it that we don’t have one”

admin: “how much was your equipment order?”

me: “3500”

admin: “go ahead and send me the invoice for that”

• Fire 1