Aaron Brooks hurt?

Jimmy Cinnabon

6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

And you call yourself a PSU fan? 

The original plan was for Munoz to wrestle Brooks in the dual and have McKinney wrestle Ball in an extra match. But Munoz was hurt so they agreed to make McKinney/Ball the dual match and sit Brooks.

And for those who read these here forums was reported after dual meet. 🙄

btw:  I had a plain english muffin with butter this morning.

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

But seriously... Brooks is the starter.  He needs to wrestle.  That usually gets called a duck around here.  That is generally the standard.

Nope...a duck is not when the #1 wrestler in the nation does not wrestle the back up for another team. A duck is when someone avoids wrestling someone who is in the same realm of ability and ranking that could upset you and and therefore affect your seeding at conference or NCAA. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

But seriously... Brooks is the starter.  He needs to wrestle.  That usually gets called a duck around here.  That is generally the standard.

With the new Fr rules we should expect programs might give a Fr (or backup) a chance to compete when the starter is not needed or needs a rest and prob shouldn't call those ducks but sure sometimes they quack like a duck ... 🤔

• Fire 1

Aaron Brooks is a two time defending national champion who just decimated the next top returning wrestler, a 2x 3rd placer. If he was interested in ducking, he wouldn’t have taken that match.

If he wants to take the weekend off, maybe he has a good reason to do it. Maybe he’s sick. Maybe he’s injured. Maybe he wanted to let a good friend of his wrestle under the lights on front of a sell out home crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not the way to build wrestling.  If he is healthy, he should wrestle.  If he had another color singlet on, the PSU fans would be saying "duck."  This is a fact.  PSU wrestlers have been doing quite a bit of ducking this year tbh.  

Is Cael using 1980s training techniques that are resulting in injury to these guys, or are they afraid to risk a monumental upset?

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

Nope...a duck is not when the #1 wrestler in the nation does not wrestle the back up for another team. A duck is when someone avoids wrestling someone who is in the same realm of ability and ranking that could upset you and and therefore affect your seeding at conference or NCAA. 

That is 100% what a duck is.  Crazy stuff happens.  I remember a U23 champ getting pinned by a backup in a match that a team didn't need him for.

So basically: Brooks, RBY, Starocci, Dean so not need to wrestle the rest of the year because they have already proven themselves to be champs?   Absurd.  Put it on the line.  If there is a match, wrestle it.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

This is not the way to build wrestling.  If he is healthy, he should wrestle.  If he had another color singlet on, the PSU fans would be saying "duck."  This is a fact.  PSU wrestlers have been doing quite a bit of ducking this year tbh.  

Is Cael using 1980s training techniques that are resulting in injury to these guys, or are they afraid to risk a monumental upset?

That is 100% what a duck is.  Crazy stuff happens.  I remember a U23 champ getting pinned by a backup in a match that a team didn't need him for.

So basically: Brooks, RBY, Starocci, Dean so not need to wrestle the rest of the year because they have already proven themselves to be champs?   Absurd.  Put it on the line.  If there is a match, wrestle it.

Dumb stuff.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

Dumb stuff.

I agree, to a large extent.  Have you ever seen the talk when an Iowa guy misses a match?  I do think if a stud is there and relatively healthy, he should wrestle.  Build the sport.  Is anyone here actually against building the sport?

Too bad the old board isn't accessible.

image.jpeg.088b83c1d8288c874b534fae4c5e62c1.jpeg

I agree, to a large extent.  Have you ever seen the talk when an Iowa guy misses a match?  I do think if a stud is there and relatively healthy, he should wrestle.  Build the sport.  Is anyone here actually against building the sport?

Too bad the old board isn't accessible.

image.jpeg.088b83c1d8288c874b534fae4c5e62c1.jpeg

Agreed, and I was on record over there saying 99% of what is considered a duck by people in these forums is just dumb. The one certified duck is when Schultz was standing matside with headgear on at last year's collegiate duals. And it wasn't even Schultz doing the ducking. That was on Zeke Jones.

In a sport where injury is a near guarantee, we are lazy calling a duck rather than recognzing that fact.

Of course, the Brooks situation was not reported as an injury, but as sportsmanship. The coaches arranged for a fair match. So be it.