Biden's Garage Documents

Bigbrog

Surprised that there hasn't been any discussion about this (I'm not really surprised).  Biden supporters (or I should say anyone with a D after their name supporters) where are you??

Can't wait to hear the hypocrisy from some of you on this...

Where I stand on this issue...Biden should be held accountable for this as should Trump.  

• Fire 1

52 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Surprised that there hasn't been any discussion about this (I'm not really surprised).  Biden supporters (or I should say anyone with a D after their name supporters) where are you??

Can't wait to hear the hypocrisy from some of you on this...

Where I stand on this issue...Biden should be held accountable for this as should Trump.  

We clearly have chain of custody issues when it comes to classified documents. It is disconcerting that the government doesn't seem to know where all of these documents are. We also have issues with proper training for how to handle classified documents and emails (not just Hillary, but also many members of Trump staff). This all needs to be addressed ASAP.

A special prosecutor was assigned to look into Biden's handling of these documents, as should have been. We'll see what comes of it. The difference with Trump was that he was asked to return the classified documents he had long before all of this went public and he refused to return them. The government seemingly did everything in their power to get them before issuing the search warrant for Mar a Lago. All the while Trump continued to obstruct in the processes. 

Edited by Crotalus
  • Fire 1

Should we ask Obama, Bush and Clinton to return any and all docs they may have in their homes just to get “ahead” of this?

Have you seen the movie Parasite? Everyone in Washington has probably had foreign spies on their personal payroll. At this point, all the good secrets have been stolen and they’re just looking for stock tips.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Should we ask Obama, Bush and Clinton to return any and all docs they may have in their homes just to get “ahead” of this?

Have you seen the movie Parasite? Everyone in Washington has probably had foreign spies on their personal payroll. At this point, all the good secrets have been stolen and they’re just looking for stock tips.

Why are you giving Carter a free pass? 

3 hours ago, Crotalus said:

A special prosecutor was assigned to look into Biden's handling of these documents, as should have been. We'll see what comes of it. The difference with Trump was that he was asked to return the classified documents he had long before all of this went public and he refused to return them. The government seemingly did everything in their power to get them before issuing the search warrant for Mar a Lago. All the while Trump continued to obstruct in the processes. 

"A special prosecutor was assigned" means this is as much a criminal investigation as it is for Trump.   President Biden is being investigated to see if he is criminally liable for any of these documents.   Else why a special prosecutor?

mspart

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

"A special prosecutor was assigned" means this is as much a criminal investigation as it is for Trump.   President Biden is being investigated to see if he is criminally liable for any of these documents.   Else why a special prosecutor?

mspart

From a pragmatic point of view, it frees Jack Smith to keep moving forward.

14 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

Yes. But the circumstances around the investigations are not identical. The refusal to return the documents when requested and the attempt to hide them may result in a different outcome for Trump than Biden. Time will tell. 

• Fire 1

I could care less that presidents and vice presidents have access to classified documents or that they feel ownership of documents shared with them while they were in office.  Certainly, classified documents need more security than the 'house garage.'  I understand the attack angle on Trump.  I'm confused why there is an attack angle on Biden from the self-party.  Is it a shallow attempt to show neutrality?  Is this the precursor for the D party to oust Biden?

I suppose it could be classified that way.  Predicate to having him not run again.   I can see it.  

Regarding Trump vs Biden in the classified documents war.   The FBI knew where the Mara Lago documents were all the time.   They asked Trump to put them under lock and key, which he did.   Biden had them in his garage and a previous office after being VP.   These were not under lock and key.   They had to be searched out.   At Mara Lago, FBI  raided and knew right where to go. 

mspart

1 hour ago, jross said:

I could care less that presidents and vice presidents have access to classified documents or that they feel ownership of documents shared with them while they were in office.  Certainly, classified documents need more security than the 'house garage.'  I understand the attack angle on Trump.  I'm confused why there is an attack angle on Biden from the self-party.  Is it a shallow attempt to show neutrality?  Is this the precursor for the D party to oust Biden?

For my part, I think it's important that processes that govern classified documents are followed, regardless of party or person.

There are questions that need to be asked and answered about how these docs ended up where they ended up.

• Fire 1

30 minutes ago, mspart said:

I suppose it could be classified that way.  Predicate to having him not run again.   I can see it.  

Regarding Trump vs Biden in the classified documents war.   The FBI knew where the Mara Lago documents were all the time.   They asked Trump to put them under lock and key, which he did.   Biden had them in his garage and a previous office after being VP.   These were not under lock and key.   They had to be searched out.   At Mara Lago, FBI  raided and knew right where to go. 

mspart

NARA asked Trump to return them.

He refused.

5 hours ago, jross said:

Don't know which bin I belong in.  I sure hope he doesn't run again, but it is his call.  I genuinely want laws, rules and regulations applied equally.

Timing of this is interesting.  The right has been crowing about their investigations and impeachment.  They had no idea what impeachment charges to bring, so problem solved.

On 1/13/2023 at 4:15 PM, Mike Parrish said:

For my part, I think it's important that processes that govern classified documents are followed, regardless of party or person.

There are questions that need to be asked and answered about how these docs ended up where they ended up.

Wow...I actually agree with Mike on something.

• Fire 1

On 1/13/2023 at 2:16 PM, Mike Parrish said:

NARA asked Trump to return them.

He refused.

In my opinion, Trump should have given all classified info to proper authorities.   Biden should have too.   Penn Biden was set up in 2018.   Biden was out of office in Jan 2017.   So where were these documents during that time?   How often did they move around in a non secure manner?  Were they also in the garage?   It is not in dispute that Trump's home was raided and the FBI found the documents under lock and key as previously arranged in the place they knew they would be.    On the other hand, Biden didn't seem to care - Oh yeah, the garage is good!!  I do not believe that he was unaware that he had classified documents.   They tried to say they were all found and then more were found.  They tried it again, and more were found again.   They are trying to shut this down but it is not shutting down.   Biden is sending personal lawyers to find things, and FBI is accepting them from the lawyers.   The lawyers do not have clearance for this stuff, yet the FBI graciously accepts the documents from them, but does not participate otherwise in the search. 

That said, the investigations into both is absolutely correct.

mspart   

• Fire 1

I think we're agreeing too much.  This is getting scary.

Now, for the serious part...  This is exactly the way it should be. We should not let the politicians, media, rich and powerful, whoever, divide us constantly. We need to be pragmatic and look at what is best for the country and ALL of its citizens. 

OK.  I'm down off the soap box.

• Fire 2

17 hours ago, mspart said:

It is not in dispute that Trump's home was raided and the FBI found the documents under lock and key as previously arranged in the place they knew they would be.

You should be looking for a spot on Trump's 2024 team with your ability to use alternative facts and attempt to somehow turn this into a positive and make Trump look responsible.

• Haha 1