DeSanto dec Garrett 14-13

fishbane

6 minutes ago, Elevator said:

Did not know ADS's middle name was "James."  AJDS!  You have to give him credit for the heart and perserverance, down 10-2 and he finds a way.  Has a lot of fight in him!

ads.webp

• Fire 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

1 hour ago, mspart said:

He came back from 10-2?   Gotta ask what Nashon was doing.   I have not seen the match.   That is an incredible recovery.    I don't particularly like DeSanto but that is perserverance which is something to admire.

mspart

https://www.youtube.com/live/1lXhHMXT03I?feature=share

Yeah, he gassed. Pretty non-stop action the whole match, and Desanto is relentless. Pretty good sportsmanship, too, at the end. Of course, Desanto won so...

5:44:03

• Fire 1

I just watched the match and Garrett showed he is much better than DeSanto for the first period.   Garrett looked awesome in that first period.  He either gassed or lost concentration or something.   I see no reason why he should have lost that match.   As for DeSanto, kudos to him for continuing the pressure and take it to Nashon and getting the win. 

mspart

• Fire 2

but my dumb @ss wasted more minutes than that match was worth...

i came out of thinking yep, same nashon as ever... no real technique, damn sure absolutely no defense, mentally suspect at best...

the surprise came watching desanto and thinking just how bad he looked in that match...

seriously, if either of them had any par terre at all that match looks like a regional cadet quarter final... instead it looks like a round of 32

1 hour ago, LJB said:

i will never understand why in the women's style, our guys simply refuse to learn any par terre at all... 

Par terre is the weakest skillset for the women's team.

Gut wrench is the weakest move.

I see lots of leg laces and some trapped arm guts and a few high guts.
Not so many low guts with quality technique.

21 minutes ago, LJB said:

the women are way better than the men in the women's style at par terre...

both sexes are awful as compared to an age level greco guy...

One of the things that bothers me about the women's freestyle is that the amount of time you get on top (with some refs) is so short that you really don't have time to set much up.

which is more a function that they are not accomplishing anything while down there...

because they do not make it a point to work on it...

once or twice a year the guys will do one practice session with the greco guys and it is always equal parts laughable and embarrassing how even basic par terre technique is lost on them...

that is as much on the coaches as the athletes...

• Fire 1

58 minutes ago, LJB said:

once or twice a year the guys will do one practice session with the greco guys and it is always equal parts laughable and embarrassing how even basic par terre technique is lost on them...

that is as much on the coaches as the athletes...

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Mike Parrish said:

One of the things that bothers me about the women's freestyle is that the amount of time you get on top (with some refs) is so short that you really don't have time to set much up.

Yes, this happens in MFS too.  I think 20 seconds should be given if the person on top is actually actively trying something.  Par terre should be emphasized way more.  It's how you score after the takedown.  Watching early Sadulaev should be mandatory.

mspart

• Fire 1

last season a point of emphasis for refs (as per USAW) was that in greco passivity and chosen par terre situation there would be 25-30 seconds given for par terre work... they earned it they should get it was the thinking... 

that was not what happened internationally for whatever reason... 

regardless...

the reality is if you are just laying on top of someone and not even attempting a legitimate exposure at all (pretty much all of par terre outside of greco) then there is little point allowing that poor wrestling to continue...